Survivor (whatever season this is)

Lulz, "People think models are dumb....and things that aren't beneficirary to me."  Dom and Chris are both such douches.  The show is trying to set up this epic battle between the two, are we supposed to give a shit about either of them?

Edited by WBT
  • Like 1

Yeah, I guess the 5/5/5 split rendered Ghost Island a ghost town this week. People sick of too many idols or advantages got their wish, though there was realignment that likely saved Michael (as noted above).

Chris kinda getting the Debbie/Phillip treatment (blowhard, are they really what they say they are?) .

But the dude did have a helluva arm last week.

I'm having trouble identifying anyone that I want to win.  I suspect most people are biding time until the merge before they start taking risks.  Dom is still annoying, but I think Chris is more so at this point.  I would love to see a Ghost Island twist that has a message in one of the little ceramic containers that says "NO MORE GAME FOR YOU.  GO HOME. THE ISLAND HAS SPOKEN." 

12 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Yeah, I guess the 5/5/5 split rendered Ghost Island a ghost town this week. People sick of too many idols or advantages got their wish, though there was realignment that likely saved Michael (as noted above).

Chris kinda getting the Debbie/Phillip treatment (blowhard, are they really what they say they are?) .

But the dude did have a helluva arm last week.

No kidding!  I thought Probst was going to drop right down onto his knees in the sand and blow him.

Screaming chick who blew the lead and couldn't tell people how to do the puzzle definitely should have gone home last night.  However, James was a huge liability if they have another swimming challenge.

Edited by AnonymousInternetPoster

3 hours ago, mb111 said:

This season is far too gimmicked.  It's ruining game play and we are being force fed "shocking turns".

Very disappointed.

Agreed, I can't tell if it's just too early, it's a horrible cast, they voted boobies home to early, or I can't follow who is aligned with who now that they have switched tribes so many damn times. 

By trying to make the show edgy and exciting they just make it more confusing and less fun to watch because they keep changing shit every other week. 

agree with the common sentiment here.  this show is becoming a parody of itself.  too many gimmicks to keep viewers enthused and instead it's making viewers less enthused.  they're on their third tribe in 6 episodes?  that's ridiculous.  and how many idols played/found in 6 episodes?

18 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

They were talking yesterday about the three tribes being 3-2 Malala to whatever, and I still have no idea who was on what tribe.

All three new tribes had 3 original Naviti and 2 original Malolo, but how the fuck your average viewer is supposed to remember who was what is beyond me.  When you change tribes every other day, it's hard to keep track.  I can barely name half the cast at this point.  There's no way I could begin to tell you who was on what tribe originally. 

I'm actually surprised at the amount of tribal loyalty that we have seen so far.  Game play has been generally weak compared to other recent seasons. 

I'm actually glad that Ghost Island hasn't been much of a factor.  On the other hand, if you are going to bother having it, do more with it.  It's like a complete afterthought.  I would love to see a throwback season where the rules were identical to Season 1.

Not trying to be sexist or anything but, why does it seem as if the females never look for an idol?  I think I recall Pavarti looking for one at some point; maybe Andrea Boehlke.  But, I honestly don't recall very many women ever taking the time to look for an idol.

5 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Not trying to be sexist or anything but, why does it seem as if the females never look for an idol?  I think I recall Pavarti looking for one at some point; maybe Andrea Boehlke.  But, I honestly don't recall very many women ever taking the time to look for an idol.

Too busy making the men sammiches.

• Like 1

Who the fuck doesn't have an idol or advantage at this point?  At least the douche went home instead of the eye candy. 

And I agree that that women rarely look for idols, or if they do, it isn't shown.  I want to believe that there is a lot more idol searching than what makes it into an episode, but it's more likely a case where specific contestants are tipped off that an idol is out there...and by "tipped" I mean "here's a map, a photo pf the location,  and a clue sniffing squirrel."

I am having trouble getting in to this season and I think it's because of the constant tribal shakeups.  It's harder to become familiar with the players when the tribes are always changing.

Edited by kevwun

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

I am having trouble getting in to this season and I think it's because of the constant tribal shakeups.  It's harder to become familiar with the players when the tribes are always changing.

I agree.  I normally have a favorite by now, with a couple of backups, but no one is holding my interest.  The editing seems focused on the assholes this season.  Yawn. 

5 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Don’s lucky that there’s a tribe combination next week because, otherwise he made a bad decision last night.  No doubt the two girls and Donathon would have targeted him at the next tribal.

5 hours ago, kevwun said:

I'm hoping now with the merge it will all shake it's self out. I don't know if they are just being lazy this season or there really is an epic battle between Chris and Dom coming it seems like that is pretty much the entire story line they have been promoting throughout the entire first half of the season. I assume whichever one gets there way will make it to the end as I don't see if they both get voted out 10th and 9th they would be spending this much time on them.  

What a dumbass.  He gave away his vote because he thought saving his idol for later was a good idea.  At least his idiocy saved Libby from the ridiculous power move of the dumb girls alliance.  The game play this season has been atrocious.  I think I'm pulling for Libby at this point. 

12 hours ago, BNB said:

I just tried watching last weeks episode.  

I have watched all 36 seasons.  I gave up when the guy found an idol a few minutes in.  This season sucks.  I am done.  I will catch it next season.

A few minutes in?  You know the show’s not live, right?  What does it matter when they show it.  He might have looked for it for hours.

I’m pretty sure the ugly chicks just banded together out of jealousy to get rid of Libby because the play was senseless.  All they would have done is expose an alliance that, presumably, nobody knew about.  Let everything play out then vote a bloc of 4 when u have the numbers.  (Note: I did notice that 2 of the 4 did vote for Chris.)

24 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

two dumb moves last night.  dom wasting his idol for nothing, and chris going home with one in his pocket.  that idol curse lives on.  they'll probably resurface it next season the way these empty-minded producers are thinking.  

Nope, no way was Dom’s move dumb.  He had an advantage that could only be played at one of two tribals.  Would have been dumb not to play it and wait for final 6, especially having another idol.

Agree.  Sometimes the edit (or stuff we don’t see) makes people look smarter or dumber.  In this case, how could he have possibly felt safe enough not to play it?  Hell, he snuck off in the middle of the night because he actually said he needed an idol for the next tribal.  

F’s sake.  There’s a blindside at almost every tribal these days.  

I love Chris's snide little "at least I didn't leave it at camp" remark, which was somehow supposed to make him appear to be less of an idiot.  I'm sure I have faulted players for playing idols unnecessarily, but Knox is right.  With so many blindsides and other idols and advantages these days, it's always justifiable to play one if you have it.  An idol may or may not be more useful later, but it's worth nothing if you aren't still in the game.