Take the Loss Pussy!

blacklab

11 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Pussy_Comp_2.jpg

We plan to make these available for purchase when the Surly Swag page is launched.   

This shirt is fucking horrible. It looks like it's an actual OU shirt with those colors, telling other teams to TTLP. If you are going to have OU logo on it at least make the shirt orange.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I was baffled when I heard either Gus Johnson or Joel Klatt refer to Murray as either the "best" or "greatest" player in Texas HS FB history on the broadcast yesterday. Is he really even in the top ten?

If they said that, they are retarded. I don’t want to accidentally praise Kyler by even comparing him to the greats, but remember that 17 year old kids once had to try to tackle Earl Campbell.  Switzer said he could have played in the NFL already. 

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

I didn't watch the entire game; did he take any big shots? Or did he never give anyone the chance? He was sliding all over the place when he was at A&M too.

I mean, I get it. If I was his size, I'd slide too. It's a good business decision, and it's the only way he's making it through an entire season upright.

...but it's still a little off-putting to watch a dude slide a full beat before most QBs would, and running out of bounds with the nearest defender 5 yards away.

Wheeler hit him hard once. Feet planted and got twisted up a bit. That's the only one I remember.

1 minute ago, Serak The Preparer said:

This shirt is fucking horrible. It looks like it's an actual OU shirt with those colors, telling other teams to TTLP. If you are going to have OU logo on it at least make the shirt orange.

It’s also a bit WT. try not to wear stuff that parents have to distract their kids as they walk past you. 

6 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Haha! We can make an orange shirt version.  

Edited by TreatyOak

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

If they said that, they are retarded. I don’t want to accidentally praise Kyler by even comparing him to the greats, but remember that 17 year old kids once had to try to tackle Earl Campbell.  Switzer said he could have played in the NFL already. 

This could be a fun topic. Even though he went to A&M and had his career ruined by Bear Bryant, Kenneth Hall ran for 11,000 fucking yards in high school, at a time when teams threw about 15 passes if they were in a fruity mood. I don't really think some midget kid throwing a bunch of TD passes in a spread offense compares.

Earl Campbell is probably the best example in that you could stick him in a football game in 1940, 1970, or 2020, and he'd be the best player on the field. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Career maybe, if not definitely.  Player?  Earl or Ken Hall

42 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I was baffled when I heard either Gus Johnson or Joel Klatt refer to Murray as either the "best" or "greatest" player in Texas HS FB history on the broadcast yesterday. Is he really even in the top ten?

One of them said he's the fastest quarterback they've ever seen.  I'm certain Wicket's not as fast as Michael Vick. 

8 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

There is just no scenario where the “greatest player in Texas high school football history” gets beat out by Kyle Allen as the starter the next year.  We are so far out over our skis it is ridiculous.  Probably - probably - best player from his year, and that is it.  

VY and the 2005 team would destroy murray worse than they did bomar.

I saw somewhere that Murray claims a 4.38 40 (probably high school).  Vick ran a 4.33 in his pro day and was bigger and stronger.  In pads, it wouldn't even be close.  Vick destroyed LeSean McCoy in the 40 when he was 33 and McCoy was 24.

Obviously, anyone is going to lose to Vick in the fastest QB contest.  

I saw somewhere that Murray claims a 4.38 40 (probably high school).  Vick ran a 4.33 in his pro day and was bigger and stronger.  In pads, it wouldn't even be close.  Vick destroyed LeSean McCoy in the 40 when he was 33 and McCoy was 24.
Obviously, anyone is going to lose to Vick in the fastest QB contest.  

We can quibble over the margins, but the dude is FAST.
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

He’s always avoided contact at all cost.  His father is the  likely  source, he had a nagging ankle injury that pretty much killed his NFL prospects.  

Seeing a dwarf come out of the womb certainly influenced the style as well.

Y'know, the munchkin will may very well not have a college career as good as his dad's OR his uncle Calvin for the matter.  Maybe he ends up taking his uncle's route and just play baseball.  But, uncle Calvin played for Texas, was a first team all American, winner of two SWC championships, and had a good trip to Omaha.  Oh, and the Horns were 9-1 against OU during his time at Texas. 

Edited by 89Horn

59 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

Re-watching the game, on Jones' interception, the illegal block below the waist was on....Murray. He tried to take out Gary Johnson's knee.

Fucking bitch.

I caught that on the re-play. Very clearly dove right at Johnson's knee. What a little twat. I hope they lose to TCU and TTU and the little bitch rage quits like a child with a difficult video game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Pussy_Comp_2.jpg

We plan to make these available for purchase when the Surly Swag page is launched.   

I like the idea, but I'm not ever going to wear something that prominently features the logo of the dirt burglars, even if it's making fun of their pussiness.

• Like 1

1. When the chips are down in OU’s next big game, his teammates will be truly inspired by Kyler’s contact aversion and sense of self. To an extent, teams adopt the personality of their leaders.

2. Some S on some team OU is blowing out may get just frustrated enough to ‘notice too late’ that Kyler is sliding and surrendering after converting 3rd and long. The DQ for decapitating a midget may seem worth it.

3. Our conservative Q4 offense would be described by many as running it down their throats after wearing them down, had it worked. Conservative, run-first offense doesn’t work well when paired with penalties, though. It was ugly, that much is certain.

4. TTLP

2 hours ago, midtown said:

Whats the o/u on Kyler the midget just quitting football and heading off to the A's mid season?  esp if they lose to TCU or TTU

He'll get a boo boo and hang them up under the guise of injury.  Then there will always be the "what could have been" legend instead of just being a plain ass quitter.

18 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

The 4Q is different without the holding penalties.

Yep.  It's also different without the d collapsing.  Say what you want about playing to run the clock in the fourth, you only do it assuming your d isn't going to give up any single play, 11 second TD drives.  Without that, we win by a TD and the strategy doesn't look as bad. 

Finally got a chance to watch the post game ou presser.
Lincoln and his players seem like little bitches. All pouty and kyler literally crying. Didnt kmow lincoln was such a bitch.
I assumed, it but damn. All butt hurt.
Looked like a buncha entitled assholes.
This could be telling moving forward.
Kind of our issue with mack entitlement.
Herman may own this series for years to come.

Stoops was@dick,eater, but seemed like his players were more tough

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

42-0 in 3 years as a starting QB and won 3 straight state titles at the highest classification, accounting for over 14,500 total yards and 186 touchdowns. Yeah he's a top 10 all time TX HS player. He's also an entitled prima dona little bitch, that doesn't change how utterly unstoppable he was in high school. 

• Like 1

Lincoln and his players seem like little bitches. All pouty and kyler literally crying. Didnt kmow lincoln was such a bitch.

Did you see Kyler showcasing his freakishly long tongue for the media? What a strange dude.

9 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

needs to recruit more speed but I like the fact he is really looking to take us nationwide.  Texas getting 10-15% of our classes with some out of state speed merchants and RB's would be deadly.

14 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Yep.  It's also different without the d collapsing.  Say what you want about playing to run the clock in the fourth, you only do it assuming your d isn't going to give up any single play, 11 second TD drives.  Without that, we win by a TD and the strategy doesn't look as bad. 

I blame Davante Davis for two of those. There was a reason OU kept running those plays to his side.

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

He MAY be top ten Texas high schoolers who went to OU, but not top ten who ended up at either Texas or OU. 

Just now, Disco Missile said:

I blame Davante Davis for two of those. There was a reason OU kept running those plays to his side.

Davante's backups with a little more experience will be much better than he ever was.  Good with any of Thompson, Boyce, Cook and Green.  

1 minute ago, Mdhorn said:

Davante's backups with a little more experience will be much better than he ever was.  Good with any of Thompson, Boyce, Cook and Green.  

He made a couple good plays that I saw, but he kept on getting sucked in on runs and losing contain letting fast dudes get outside and to the sideline. Watched that happen twice on long runs.
Granted I haven't watched film of it so I can't say what was going on with the rest of the defense, but that's how it looked from my seat. The last three TDs were run to the left - Davis's - side.

4 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

He made a couple good plays that I saw, but he kept on getting sucked in on runs and losing contain letting fast dudes get outside and to the sideline. Watched that happen twice on long runs.
Granted I haven't watched film of it so I can't say what was going on with the rest of the defense, but that's how it looked from my seat. The last three TDs were run to the left - Davis's - side.

Honestly, can't wait until Wheeler graduates. It hurt watching him scarecrow his way after Kyler Murray on Kyler's td run. AW must be one hell of a run stopper because in space, he's got bricks for feet.  But really, this is all for a different thread.

4 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

He also teabagged a receiver, and it was amazing to see in person. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

The 4Q is different without the holding penalties.

Yup. Or just calling it the same both ways there at the end, I think they were also caught up in the momentum of it all. 

Overall good job by the officials. No bull shit targeting. No ten min reviews of obvious calls. Can't believe I'm saying that.

3 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

THAT was Gus. I was shaking my head at that, too. No QB was faster than Vick. 

You gotta take the good with with bad with Gus.

You get BS like that but then you get DICKER THE KICKER!!!!!

I make that trade all day every day.