• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Is "He" Collin Johnson?

Or Duvernay?

CJ

the guy the thread is about

google provides this in 2 seconds.

https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/26/former-texas-wr-collin-johnson-nursing-injury-nfl-combine-notes/

Duv is in another WR group so schedule for his testing is a bit off set from CJ (I'm assuming). Would be surprised if Dev Duv skipped bench. He's built like a tank

18 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

This tweet made me think of Collin...   The most important trait for a football player on gameday...   

A-V-A-I-L-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y

At this rate, Collin might be lucky to go in the 6th Round... Always Dinged Up!!

NO  A-V-A-I-L-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y 

Collin Johnson won’t be testing in Indy except for maybe a few ancillary tests; had a hip flexor pop up in training and will aim to do all drills at April 1st #Longhorns pro day

Edited by LTtxfan

Collin Johnson WR Texas

Height: 6-6.   Weight: 220

Collin Johnson is the third senior Longhorn that is profiled heading into the Senior Bowl and the NFL Draft. Johnson joins Devin Duvernay and Brandon Jones as seniors that will make the trip to Mobile, Alabama to work with NFL staffs for the Senior Bowl. Collin is looking to finish out his Longhorns career in the Valero Alamo Bowl against the Utah Utes on December 31st.

Strengths

Collin Johnson stands out on the football field, not exactly difficult when you stand 6’6″. Johnson can be a weapon when teams get into the redzone as he towers over the defenders and he is a prime candidate to go up and get the ball at its highest catch point. Johnson can be the endzone fade mismatch when going towards the corner, basically put it up high where only he can get it.

His catch radius is probably his best asset, get the ball near Johnson and more often than not he is going to get the ball. The Longhorns’ wide receiver can make the circus level catches with some of the best hands at the position. He can make a name for himself at the next level with his ability to find a way to bring it down.

Weaknesses

Despite how he is able to catch the ball, Johnson provides no separation when running routes. For a player as tall as him, Collin Johnson hasn’t shown the ability to run by defenders so he will rely more on technique at the NFL level rather than athleticism. Looks very stiff when trying to change direction and coming in and out of breaks.

At times he struggles with dealing with physical corners who jam him at the line, not able to make up ground with less than ideal speed. Johnson does better with short or intermediate routes than he does on deep breaking routes. Relies more on his ability to catch passes over the top of defenders due to his size.

Bottom Line

Collin Johnson will get his opportunity to make the jump but he needs to become more refined in his route running due to lack of athleticism. He will find a role in the NFL due to his ability to catch anything near him.

Projection: Late Day Two, Early Day Three 

Edited by LTtxfan