Collin Johnson's toughness

hookem48

I owe CJ an apology. I have lambasted him as being a lazy bitch for a long time. He has obviously been working hard and playing hard on the field for weeks now. He is living up to his potential, and he can be a truly great player. My hat is off to him. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

On another note, Ingram had some similar fuck you truck moves.  

There was a team wide attitude on display that was so refreshing to see, and fun to watch.

can't wait till we can consistently have holes where they're supposed to be for this guy.

The contested 3rd and short catch he made with the DB basically climbing him like a baby possum was my favorite CJ play of the day, and that was a pretty long list. All his "fuck you" blocks were pretty damned nice to see, too, especially after that was one of the aspects of his game we used to make fun of.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 7:20 PM, taybo20 said:

This guy becoming who was meant to be is so great. So many big plays including converting a third down with a gooner draped all over him. If he continues to be a great blocker, lots of good things will be coming his way

Yeah. He’s really embracing what everyone said was his deficiency- physicality.  He’s gonna from a guy who simply was not a factor in games to a guy who is a big contributor in every game whether it’s stretching the field, picking up tough yards on slants for first downs, blocking downfield. Really love seeing guys like this have the light come and and live up to their potential. 

8 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

WTH happened with the defender on Colin's long TD?

Seeing it live I thought for sure he'd stepped out since the defender seemed to completely give up after he caught it.  Watching on replay looked even more strange.  Did the defender think he was out?

Defender complained about OPI to the ref rather than finish the play

7 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

WTH happened with the defender on Colin's long TD?

Seeing it live I thought for sure he'd stepped out since the defender seemed to completely give up after he caught it.  Watching on replay looked even more strange.  Did the defender think he was out?

The defender was busy whining that he was pushed off.  I'm assuming he did not also confess to holding.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yep, the biggest improvement in his game this year is his work to use his body to shield the CB on those short slants on 3rd and short-to-medium. There have been at least 3 of those so far that would never have been complete, let alone first downs, in previous years.

I have been really amazed at his catches on a lot of those slants. The db is draped on his back and he still catches it. It's been very impressive.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2018 at 12:36 PM, hookem48 said:

Isn't being questioned anymore and it has affected this whole team and it's great to see.

I’d like to eat crow. I questioned his toughness. And over the last 4-5 games, the dude has proven me way wrong and has become one of my favorite players. 

Just now, Rex Kramer said:

I’d like to eat crow. I questioned his toughness. And over the last 4-5 games, the dude has proven me way wrong and has become one of my favorite players.  

pretty much the same.  it began with the tcu game and he has really embraced it after realizing how impactful it could be.  lot of tough yac for first downs over the last month.  loving it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, deft said:

Does the Herbstreit Eckrich Sausage Overall Grade report take into account if he had been an secsecsec running back previously or if he loves his grandma?  That's what it takes to make a serious WR in this league. 

I'm skeptical of any quality ratings system that is sponsored by Eckrich Sausage.

• Like 1

CJ is playing like the damn man that he is. I love his attitude. It's infectious, and he is well on his way to being one of those players others teams simply hate. He's big, fast, strong, and now he plays pissed off. In that opening ou drive, he blocked well, caught a long pass, got in a fight, got a defensive PI call, and then caught a touchdown. During Baylor he was Mr. Reliable, catching every short 3rd-down slant that we needed, despite Baylor's best attempts at defensive PI. Glorious.

This is the player I knew he could be. The injury bug happens and sure there was early disappointment because he’s so gifted.  

Right now his head is on right, he’s got a good rapport with his qb and he’s properly conditioned his body before the season. 

Guy is primed for some serious success 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...