Collin Johnson's toughness

hookem48

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Set the Big 12 championship game record today for receiving yards. Not sure if there was anyone still doubting him, but it's clear that he is a MAN and he is ready to make a living in the NFL.

Was too pissed to look at the final game stats, but that's great.  I know OU's defense sucks donkey balls, but he's balled out against better defenses as well. 

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I wonder if that TD grab where he made sure to get both feet down inbounds says anything about where his mind's at right now.

Definitely, I am pretty sure it said that he wanted to score a touchdown in the B12 championship game. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Machinator said:

I think he stays.

Hope so.  Staying healthy will be nice.  Against single coverage he's unstoppable.  He's and LJH have developed a nice groove with Sam.  Throw it up high and let the big men get it.

Edited by Lhorn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FWIW, Marcus Washington said this today.

"Of course they're not saying I can come in and start right away, Collin Johnson is coming back and Lil'Jordan could come back, but they said I'm not redshirting, they recruited me to play," Washington said. "I just have to go there and compete."

Edited by thepop
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Does that advisory board ever advise anyone to leave early? Honest question.

Their role isn’t to advise them to leave early. They telll them they are likely to be drafted in the 1st, in the 2nd, or neither (so they should return to school).

If you meant do they ever grade someone as a likely 1st or 2nd round selection, yes, all the time.

Where would you have CJ or LJH on this list? Kind of crazy that people thought this WR class was "down" and it's looking like arguably the top position group in the draft. 

I don't think either are a top 7 WR in this draft. 

This doesn't include several other WRs that are legit. 

Edited by texasstrong12

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This thread was silly. So Johnson actually started blossoming into a complete receiver during his Junior year? So a lot of times it takes kids some time to mature out of HS and adjust to the college game? 

It's the mentality that some young kid is supposed to be a complete player as a freshman or sophomore that's the problem not players like Collin. It's why you have to recruit well so you can let most players mature before having to be relied upon for much. Players like Trevor Lawrence are not the norm. 

Edited by Junior Miller
  • Like 1