Updated Bowl Projections per ESPN

Mdhorn

Going forward, this may be kind of fun to follow now: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24922695/college-football-bowl-projections-week-6

PlayStation Fiesta Bowl

State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona
Jan. 1, 1 p.m. (ESPN)

Bonagura: Oklahoma vs. Florida
Sherman: UCF vs. Texas

or

Allstate Sugar Bowl

Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans
Jan. 1, 8:45 p.m. (ESPN)

Bonagura: Georgia vs. Texas
Sherman: West Virginia vs. Georgia

Things could get real if Texas played Georgia--hell of a matchup.  Of all the SEC teams, I think Georgia is the closest to the offenses featured in the Big 12.  Although, I don't think UCF would be a gimme either, there is absolutely nothing to win in that matchup. 

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:
Yeah I want no part of Georgia, but who knows? Maybe we catch a team that doesn't want to be there, ala the OU Trevor Knight Sugar Bowl against Bama. 

You sound like a pussy.

Like a take the loss pussy? Or just your run of the mill gash?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

The SEC will not allow that.

Aren't there like three automatic ties in bowls that match SEC/Big12 teams? At some point the SEC is going to quit protecting the aggies and just slot the teams where they belong and let the chips fall. If the aggies have to go crying to the league office every December, perhaps they should have thought more about their choices.

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Telephone Trophy on the line in Memphis?  Sign me up.  Couldn't care less that we went last year, it was a damn fun time and I'd seen up for an easy drive to a bowl again against a very beatable former Big 12 team.

Missouri took so many old Big 8 trophies away. Fuck them. 

15 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Yeah I want no part of Georgia, but who knows? Maybe we catch a team that doesn't want to be there, ala the OU Trevor Knight Sugar Bowl against Bama. 

I don’t understand this thought process tbh. Even if we get anally probed by Kirby, it will show Herman and the program how far we need to go to be elite. If we win, recruits will pour in. There’s nothing but positive that comes out of playing in a game like this

• Like 2

GA defense isn't very good as Missouri moved the ball on them without too much trouble. Texas has played OU which is probably the most explosive offense in CFB, maybe Bama, so there should be no fear of the GA offense either. it will be closer than most people think.

1 hour ago, Xian said:

Playing ucf would be such a letdown. 

Says the fan base lamenting early on this season whether we get 7 or 8 wins this season.  Jesus christ people...we can easily still shit the bed versus WV and Tech is playing good ball.  Chickens.  Eggs.  Hatched....

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Says the fan base lamenting early on this season whether we get 7 or 8 wins this season.  Jesus christ people...we can easily still shit the bed versus WV and Tech is playing good ball.  Chickens.  Eggs.  Hatched....

Exactly. Still half a season to go with plenty of teams who would love to beat us and can. Let's not set ourselves up as a fanbase with unrealistic expectations.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Aren't there like three automatic ties in bowls that match SEC/Big12 teams? At some point the SEC is going to quit protecting the aggies and just slot the teams where they belong and let the chips fall. If the aggies have to go crying to the league office every December, perhaps they should have thought more about their choices.

That would certainly be true if it were just about protecting aggy.  But if the real motive is to protect the inflated rep of the SECSEC then nothing will change until that plan becomes a liability.

18 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Going forward, this may be kind of fun to follow now: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24922695/college-football-bowl-projections-week-6

PlayStation Fiesta Bowl

Jan. 1, 1 p.m. (ESPN)

Bonagura: Oklahoma vs. Florida
Sherman: UCF vs. Texas

or

Allstate Sugar Bowl

Bonagura: Georgia vs. Texas
Sherman: West Virginia vs. Georgia

Things could get real if Texas played Georgia--hell of a matchup.  Of all the SEC teams, I think Georgia is the closest to the offenses featured in the Big 12.  Although, I don't think UCF would be a gimme either, there is absolutely nothing to win in that matchup. 

I can rock wit' it...

That might be true if it were against UCF, V-Tech etc.. but if Texas is the opponent they'll manage to get it up.

2 hours ago, NowThis said:

GA defense isn't very good as Missouri moved the ball on them without too much trouble. Texas has played OU which is probably the most explosive offense in CFB, maybe Bama, so there should be no fear of the GA offense either. it will be closer than most people think.

They have an SEC secondary.  Sam would light them up.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

That would certainly be true if it were just about protecting aggy.  But if the real motive is to protect the inflated rep of the SECSEC then nothing will change until that plan becomes a liability.

sushihorn?

Edited by Orange&White

5 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

They also have an SEC pass rush....

Please.  In the NC game, Bama had a grand total of ONE sack against a Colt-less Texas that was regularly forced into obvious passing situations.  And that was against a Texas OL that allowed our QB to be repeatedly treated like a rag doll by BOTH Suh and the stumpy, white 1-tech lined up next to him.

Updated Bowl Projections:  http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24981515/college-football-bowl-projections-week-7

Still not digging Fiesta Bowl projection. Strange thinking we could potentially play LSU 3 years in a row:

Allstate Sugar Bowl

Bonagura: LSU vs. Oklahoma
Sherman: Texas vs. LSU

PlayStation Fiesta Bowl

Jan. 1, 1 p.m. (ESPN)

Bonagura: Texas vs. UCF
Sherman: UCF vs. Oklahoma

Edited by Mdhorn