Amazon prime recommendations

Washpark

On 5/24/2020 at 10:17 PM, Bama Chick said:

Season three of “Ekaterina” is available on Amazon Prime.

Kind of a meh season but the visuals are just amazing.

A lot of storylines. I finished it a while back. They should have just focused on the 2 pretenders and not whatever Peter was doing and his friend 

• 3 weeks later...

Patriot came up a few random times on my Twitter timeline so I watched it over the last couple of days and have no idea what to think of it. It's definitely a really good tv show it is just extremely weird and even as someone who enjoys weird things it was too weird at times for me. It's somehow the saddest show in the world and yet still extremely hilarious at times. The song and scene about stealing the gun was absolutely hysterical.

Trying to make it through Fleabag, but the main character is extremely unlikable and it's just uncomfortable cringe scene after uncomfortable cringe scene.

It’s awkward but I do think it is pretty clever. Finishing up Season 1 now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/10/2020 at 1:26 PM, PilotsError said:

Trying to make it through Fleabag, but the main character is extremely unlikable and it's just uncomfortable cringe scene after uncomfortable cringe scene.

Agreed. Not funny. There’s a whole new genre now of shows that advertise themselves as comedies but are in fact just dramas about unlikeable, selfish, self-destructive women who don’t do anything funny.  Fleabag is one of those.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Agreed. Not funny. There’s a whole new genre now of shows that advertise themselves as comedies but are in fact just dramas about unlikeable, selfish, self-destructive women who don’t do anything funny.  Fleabag is one of those.

chicks rave about this show so i've avoided it 

Fifteen years ago today:

The 7 July 2005 London bombings, often referred to as 7/7, were a series of coordinated Islamic terrorist suicide attacks in London, England, that targeted commuters travelling on the city's public transport system during the morning rush hour.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_July_2005_London_bombings

Watched a good short movie on Amazon Prime, called London River, last night on people seeking missing relatives afterwards.  Starred Brenda Blethyn (Vera, for Brit mystery buffs.)

Lots of timely references to scary black people and the painful tolerance by many whose lives included being discriminated against.

Also posted in Today in History thread in Daily Texan forum.

On 5/31/2020 at 4:51 PM, tx 3 putt said:

The Final Countdown - a true sci fi classic + F14's + Japanese Zeros + ALMOST some awesome WW2 alt history 

I was sorry they didn't stay in the past longer. I would have liked to see world history changed by the presence of a Nimitz class nuclear carrier.

Splash the Zekes.

No mention of Counterpart? I know it's not an Amazon original, but glad that they are carrying it.

First heard about the show on some NPR podcast where they were talking life after a pandemic. It's a great show if you're into parallel universes and how people from each world interact with their... ehh... counterpart. It got 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. I'm sad Starz cancelled it after 2 seasons (apparently too smart for their target audience), and no one picked it up.

JK Simmons is amazing in his roles. And Nazanin Boniadi handcuffed to a door. 

jizzedmypants.jpg

No mention of Counterpart? I know it's not an Amazon original, but glad that they are carrying it.
First heard about the show on some NPR podcast where they were talking life after a pandemic. It's a great show if you're into parallel universes and how people from each world interact with their... ehh... counterpart. It got 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. I'm sad Starz cancelled it after 2 seasons (apparently too smart for their target audience), and no one picked it up.
JK Simmons is amazing in his roles. And Nazanin Boniadi handcuffed to a door. 
jizzedmypants.jpg
It has its own thread. Was a fantastic show and I'm very bummed it didn't get renewed.

Started watching The Boys because of this thread. Butcher is the shit. Frenchie finding a way to off Translucent was also genius. Starlight is so hot. Not enough Simon Pegg though. Tell me there’s more of him later on. 

The main superhero is the main character in Banshee. That’s a good series, the TnA is outstanding.

We jumped into Red Oaks last weekend. 30 min episodes. Actually has some pretty funny parts to it. Several hot chicks. A couple nude scenes early on.

We finished Season 1 already. Nice little filler series. So far only one WTF episode.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

We jumped into Red Oaks last weekend. 30 min episodes. Actually has some pretty funny parts to it. Several hot chicks. A couple nude scenes early on.

We finished Season 1 already. Nice little filler series. So far only one WTF episode.

I flew through Red Oaks. That's a good show when you're in the mood for something light.