Amazon prime recommendations

Washpark

10 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

Amazon bought the movie Without Remorse w/ Michael B. Jordan, with be coming out on Prime at some point.

If it's not the Tom Clancy novel, not interested.

With the addition of family member profiles, I can finally add a ton of shit that I would not do, because I didn't want the kids/wife noticing it.

6 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:
15 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:
If it's not the Tom Clancy novel, not interested.
With the addition of family member profiles, I can finally add a ton of shit that I would not do, because I didn't want the kids/wife noticing it.

It is.

spacer.png

Always wanted Keanu to play the role, but Michael B Jordan could be good.  They had a perfectly good John Clark in the Tom Clancy series on Amazon, but they didn't call him John Clark and they fucking killed him off.

21 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

spacer.png

Always wanted Keanu to play the role, but Michael B Jordan could be good.  They had a perfectly good John Clark in the Tom Clancy series on Amazon, but they didn't call him John Clark and they fucking killed him off.

Seriously fuck them for this 

• Hook 'Em 1

Watched Shackelton's Captain last week, a documentary about the doomed Antarctic expedition.  My wife and mother in law aren't exactly fans of historical documentaries, and we all loved it.  The original photography and video from the mission made it really impressive.  Also one hell of a story.

6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

at some point we need to have a separate conversation about john cusack's career over the past decade.

I thought that looked familiar.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2384811/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

I watched the original one(I think just the first season, being on BBC or something, I forgot about it, so maybe not wonderful)  I thought it was good, it was an interesting plot.

I just looked, I think the original is on Amazon Prime.

Just finished ZeroZeroZero. That was some insane television right there. I did like how they would reset a sequence of events from one person to another during each episode.
Also, can’t believe Tom Cruise’s fake wife from Oblivion played the sister.

cca06cb52a942241ffc9fd2bca36bc55.jpg3145e52a39c9a3257fed58deb2d548c5.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

Started watching Hanna a few days ago. Powered through the first 5-6 episodes, but the last few episodes have literally put me to sleep.

Marissa and Erik have the most interesting story line by far. Both are badasses in their own right and cold blooded. But Eric shooting Marissa's colleague in the head in front of her just to "show her her's serious" was down right pyscho material.

Does the show pick up the pace again, or should I consider a sunk cost and move on?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/26/2020 at 4:00 PM, Ted Lange said:

New Jim Gaffigan special is great.  

I just watched 10 min and couldn’t take anymore..  it’s like little kids And Canada jokes I skipped forward it didn’t get better and I like the guy...

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 7/24/2020 at 7:44 PM, Mach 1 said:

You Were Really Never Here

Joaquin Phoenix hired by families to find abducted children and exact violent revenge.  Very dark, very good, highly recommend.

I  Watched that and I have no idea what the Fuck happened.  I do know that if Joaquin ever approaches me with a hammer that I’m getting the fuck out of there.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I  Watched that and I have no idea what the Fuck happened.  I do know that if Joaquin ever approaches me with a hammer that I’m getting the fuck out of there.

💯 

watched it last night and had no fucking idea what was going on other than a bunch of Jeffrey Epstein types did not kill themselves. Joaquin Phoenix killed them. 

On 8/1/2020 at 8:06 PM, Chewbacca said:
On 7/31/2020 at 7:54 PM, henrygandorf said:

Better or worse than Narcos Mexico?

Consider it an incredible side piece to Narcos Mexico. It is a documentary series that delves into the kidnapping, torture and murder of DEA Agent,Kiki Camarena. It was shockingly good to me. The information that comes out in this piece was mind blowing! I won't spoil anything here, but you guys need to watch it. I'll probably watch it again to really grasp what I learned from this series.

On 7/31/2020 at 10:25 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Haha yeah it's a movie where if you miss some quick details you can get lost in the weeds.  I like the way they dropped breadcrumbs throughout without hitting the viewer on the head with it.  The quick flashbacks showed he was a soldier in the past, now severely traumatized, somewhat suicidal. One quick flash showed he found a bunch of dead girls in some kind of storage unit - boom, that's his motivation in doing what he does.  Rawls is his agent.

Spoiler

The Governor is the head of the pedo ring. He has the pull to order cops and agents to kill everyone in Joaquin's world to keep it all quiet.  The one part that wasn't clear is the girl's father that hired him to find his daughter.  They say he killed himself, but through later flashback he was also involved somehow with the Governor.  So I surmise he either allowed his daughter to be brought into the pedo ring, killed himself out of guilt; or that he did not, his daughter did run away and become the favorite of the Governor,  and his suicide was staged and he was thrown off the building.

On 8/4/2020 at 11:45 AM, JohnnyChorizo said:

Consider it an incredible side piece to Narcos Mexico. It is a documentary series that delves into the kidnapping, torture and murder of DEA Agent,Kiki Camarena. It was shockingly good to me. The information that comes out in this piece was mind blowing! I won't spoil anything here, but you guys need to watch it. I'll probably watch it again to really grasp what I learned from this series.

Like he said, I won't spoil anything here, but you'll never feel the same about Narcos Mexico after watching the last episode of this.  I'm haunted by what they did to that poor guy

21 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
23 hours ago, Delta Charlie said:
"Narcos" seasons 1-3 should be first. You could then fit in "The Last Narc" since its only 4 episodes and get a good foundation for "Narcos" Mexico seasons 1-2.  All of it is tremendous.

El Chapo was pretty solid, too.

I really loved El Chapo

Clark Duke directs (1st feature) and co-stars. I really like his quirky characters (Last Movie Star, I'm Dying Up Here) and this was no exception. Also has Liam Hemsworth, Eden Brolin (barrel racer from Yellowstone), John Malkovich and Vince Vaughn. 

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 7/30/2020 at 1:22 PM, Superhero said:

Started watching Hanna a few days ago. Powered through the first 5-6 episodes, but the last few episodes have literally put me to sleep.

Marissa and Erik have the most interesting story line by far. Both are badasses in their own right and cold blooded. But Eric shooting Marissa's colleague in the head in front of her just to "show her her's serious" was down right pyscho material.

Does the show pick up the pace again, or should I consider a sunk cost and move on?

I just finished season 2.  Season 2 is much faster paced than Season 1 was.  I wouldn't say it was really anything special or must see TV, but it was enjoyable enough. 

On 8/5/2020 at 6:46 PM, Brothahorn said:

Endeavor. Prequel to Inspector Morse.

Prime Suspect Tennison.

If you like the Brit crime shows they have some really good ones.

Also, DCI Banks.

Season 7 of Endeavor just started last night on PBS stations.  It can also be watched on Amazon through PBS Masterpiece.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/5/2020 at 5:46 PM, Brothahorn said:

Endeavor. Prequel to Inspector Morse.

Prime Suspect Tennison.

If you like the Brit crime shows they have some really good ones.

Also, DCI Banks.

Wife and I have been watching season 1 of Blood, a murder mystery that takes place within a family. Just 6 episodes and available on Prime only until the end of this month. Very well done. Filmed in Ireland. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/8/2020 at 10:18 AM, RPM said:

Clark Duke directs (1st feature) and co-stars. I really like his quirky characters (Last Movie Star, I'm Dying Up Here) and this was no exception. Also has Liam Hemsworth, Eden Brolin (barrel racer from Yellowstone), John Malkovich and Vince Vaughn. 

Really liked this movie and could watch it again.  Great characters, story and music for the trifecta. And it's free!

Edited by Mdhorn

On 8/1/2020 at 6:55 PM, demos said:

Watched “The Last Narc” about Camarena and the cartels.

Seems like Narcos Mexico was pretty accurate.

I wonder why the creators of Narcos Mexico felt the need to replace Hector Berrellez with the Walt Breslin character they created? Berrellez is a fucking badass and his story is compelling as fuck.  

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

On 8/15/2020 at 11:30 PM, Brew said:

Been watching the Eco Challenge this weekend. It’s over produced with not enough focus on the event, but it has still been an interesting watch so far.

I watched the 20 mins of the 1st episode. I am hoping they spend so much time on the teams for "character development" and more race as we move along....