Amazon prime recommendations

Washpark

2 hours ago, HoffaJimmy said:

I watched the 20 mins of the 1st episode. I am hoping they spend so much time on the teams for "character development" and more race as we move along....

They don’t, it stays team/people focused all the way through. They show more of it as they go, but I would much rather see a behind the scenes documentary that focuses on the race. It was still a good watch, but you could start a drinking game around a few things non race related and get toasted because they spend so much time on them.

On 8/8/2020 at 9:18 AM, RPM said:

Clark Duke directs (1st feature) and co-stars. I really like his quirky characters (Last Movie Star, I'm Dying Up Here) and this was no exception. Also has Liam Hemsworth, Eden Brolin (barrel racer from Yellowstone), John Malkovich and Vince Vaughn. 

Ha.  Watching it now.  Barry (frat boy) looked kind of familiar.  Now I know why.  It's Juston Street.

eco challenge

Spoiler

I liked the series especially with being able to watch the elite athletes and more regular teams.

i simultaneously loved and hated watching the team with the Alzheimer’s patient. Maybe he felt some sense of accomplishment but they were dragging him the last couple days while he was in excruciating pain. I felt the son was practically abusing his dad but not calling it quits sooner. 

Finished up the worlds toughest race show. I think the show finally hit its stride in the last episode.

random thoughts. 

• I understand episode limitations with 50+ teams on the course, but filming some teams at the end showed there were good people, characters and stories that they missed.
  • Bear Grylls is ok as the host but i would prefer to see him embed in the non competitive teams for a leg instead of being in the helicopter. Not to help them but provide commentary to the audience.
  • in some ways, the top teams could be dull as they were machines marching practically nonstop through the course. While it’s good to see the top teams, being embedded with more average people is better.  They also spent too much time with the ALS guy, team of older men, and the guy with his 2 daughters. All of those stories should be included but we had too much air time with them.
  • the race itself should do a better job of weeding people out who can’t get through to the first camp.

looking forward to future season. Next years race is planned for Patagonia.

9 hours ago, RPM said:

If he's in it, I'm out. He's the definition of overrated "talent".

He really didn’t play a big part in the overall show. There were a few cringe worthy parts with him like the backflip out of the helicopter, but I didn’t have a big issue with him.

On 8/20/2020 at 8:45 PM, Billy Pilgrim said:

Watched Arkansas- good actors and music. Story dragged. 

I kept waiting for it to really take off, but it just never did. I did wait through the entire movie though, so I guess it was watchable.

On 8/25/2020 at 4:38 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Anyone else have the problem that Amazon keeps recommending shows that you've already seen thru Amazon? 

That and they will recommend shows that I need a separate subscription for after watching a prime show. They need to keep it separate. Tired of getting fooled because I don't have an ACORN sub.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/25/2020 at 4:38 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Anyone else have the problem that Amazon keeps recommending shows that you've already seen thru Amazon? 

Seems like they should know. 

Kinda like all the emails, postcards, phone calls, and text messages reminding me of the census. Don’t you assholes already know that I’ve done it...!

The Battle of Pussy Willow Creek is a kind of cheesy documentary in the Ken Burns style.  But the story it tells is very entertaining.  A real life story of 4 misfits who come together and prevail in one of the most significant battles of the Civil War.  As you watch it, it will be self apparent why this was left out of the high school history textbooks.

• 2 weeks later...
The Battle of Pussy Willow Creek is a kind of cheesy documentary in the Ken Burns style.  But the story it tells is very entertaining.  A real life story of 4 misfits who come together and prevail in one of the most significant battles of the Civil War.  As you watch it, it will be self apparent why this was left out of the high school history textbooks.
LOL. I watched this awhile back. Don't tell me you watched the whole thing not realizing it was a spoof?

On 9/13/2020 at 9:53 AM, pyrohornIII said:

57 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
On 9/13/2020 at 9:53 AM, pyrohornIII said:

LOL. I watched this awhile back. Don't tell me you watched the whole thing not realizing it was a spoof?

Now you gave it away....Lol.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Been watching I’m Dying Up Here, based on the comedy store in the 70’s.  Pretty good show that was showtime originally.  Only two seasons and only on Prime till Oct 1st I think.

That was a Jim Carrey project and I thought it was very good. Gave a pretty inside view of what comic life was like. Brad Garrett is finominole.

• 2 weeks later...

Does Prime have a push thing like Netflix where programs you're currently watching are easily accessible?  I've been having to reenter the program title every time I come back.

(Typing that out felt incredibly pathetic.  Talk about first world problems)

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Wade said:

Does Prime have a push thing like Netflix where programs you're currently watching are easily accessible?  I've been having to reenter the program title every time I come back.

(Typing that out felt incredibly pathetic.  Talk about first world problems)

yeah, they've got the same "add to watch list" type setup, shows under "your videos"  I believe... also should show as last items when log in (Fire devices at least)

• Like 1