Amazon prime recommendations

Washpark

Tried to watch The Sound of Metal with the wife this week because it looks good but I couldn’t make it past about 15minutes...

I have tinnitus and the effect they were using in the movie even in just the first act was fucking with my head. That movie felt like it was triggering a bad day out of the blue, even after we started watching something else my ears and head were fucking with me.

Told my wife jokingly that I’m gonna have to watch it muted with subtitles if I ever plan on finishing it.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

I wanted something entertaining but kind of chill last night.  A rewatch of The Detectorists fit the bill.  So well done. 

Simon and Garfunkel always deliver.

Just saw @Post Oak beat me to it, great minds, etc.

No doubt you and I @Mach 1 are the civilized aristocrats in this primitive horde

6 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Tried to watch The Sound of Metal with the wife this week because it looks good but I couldn’t make it past about 15minutes...

I have tinnitus and the effect they were using in the movie even in just the first act was fucking with my head. That movie felt like it was triggering a bad day out of the blue, even after we started watching something else my ears and head were fucking with me.

Told my wife jokingly that I’m gonna have to watch it muted with subtitles if I ever plan on finishing it.

Thanks for the heads up.  I have it as well (thanks US Army, or shitty fucking Walkman knockoff headphones, or both!).

I was intrigued by it, and it's in my queue, but will have to keep it muted.  May have to get the wife to watch so she knows just what the hell it's like, and why I get pissed when something really sets it off.

4 hours ago, Bushwood said:

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (MXC)

This was one of my daughter's favorite shows when she was about 5.  She didn't understand any of the innuendo in the commentary; just liked watching people fall.

She was home from grad school over Christmas and we watched some.  After about 10 minutes, she said "I can't believe y'all used to let me watch this."

On 1/25/2021 at 5:51 PM, MirrOlure said:

So how much of this show (Zero Zero Zero) is in Spanish or Italian? Seemed like 80% of Episode 1. That was too much for me

There's a lot more english later. It was a very good series, but also dark and depressing. It definitely shows the evil side of the drug industry in a more specific way than other series like Narcos, which was also excellent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

Watched The Hundred-Foot Journey about a Indian cook and his family moving to France.  It’s predictable but it’s a feel good fun watch and it’s only on prime till the end of the month.  

You left out the main reason to watch... Helen Mirren.

Edited by RPM

Endeavour is a fantastic show. I am in the middle of season two and really like the cast. Qyburn from Game of Thrones is the police chief of Oxford City and the show is built around DC Endeavour Morse. The season is four episodes and each is 90 minutes long. It’s a PBS Masterpiece Theatre show and what I appreciate about it is how the two main characters interact and relate almost as a father and son duo. I am really enjoying the British shows I have watched and the acting is just superb.

Fantastic show indeed.

Is Inspector Morse available anywhere? I haven’t been able to find it.
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2021 at 10:53 PM, Orale said:

There's a lot more english later. It was a very good series, but also dark and depressing. It definitely shows the evil side of the drug industry in a more specific way than other series like Narcos, which was also excellent. 

Completely agree with this. 

On 1/15/2021 at 11:00 PM, Brothahorn said:

If you haven't already watched it try Inspector Morse. Endeavor is the prequel.

I saw a lot of PBS as a kid because we did not have cable, but it was either the educational shows or later on I got into "Are You Being Served?" which is still one of the funniest shows I have ever watched. It was way ahead of its time.

I am definitely going to watch Inspector Morse though. Right now I just began season six of Endeavour. Season five was amazing. I cannot think of anything about that season that was not done really well. The storylines are interesting and they give you just enough of their personal life without bombarding you with it. But yes I will watch the original once I finish season seven. I find the British detective shows to be extremely well done. I like Morse and DI Thursday the most out of the characters. You can feel the chemistry they have with each other. 

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 1

They have a three episode season 7 that shows up on Prime. It's available for purchase for 7.99 for all three episodes. I bought it and am going to start watching it tonight. 
Watch Endeavour, Season 7 | Prime Video (amazon.com)

I thought there was something weird with that when I tried it. Like they aren’t real episodes or something.

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

I thought there was something weird with that when I tried it. Like they aren’t real episodes or something.

They're there. I watched two of the three thus far. Seeing the character development of Bright and Thursday in these two episodes has been interesting to watch, among other things. 

For documentary/educational shit, cop a buzz and check “The Reef” out. It’s PBS stuff and pretty decent.

Semi aside here, but what’s up with the “prime” shit that is sponsored or whatever the fuck by IMBD and has fucking commercials? Ran across one of those the other day and said fuck this noise. Wasn’t a great show or anything, and would have watched without the commercials. Add those fucking commercials in though and I didn’t care enough to watch it that damn bad.