Amazon prime recommendations

Washpark

On 5/20/2019 at 4:04 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

I tried watching the Expanse. Made it through 3 or 4 eps. Couldn't continue. What am i missing? Does it get better?

Same here. Tried twice to get into it. I know my excuse is chicken shit, but what bothered me was that the time frame and technology didn't sync up with me, nor did the premise.

No way you could do what there were doing without more advanced technology, anti-gravity, inertia shielding, etc. I know I know. 

Humans wouldn't be doing that nasty ass work either. And who would want to live on Mars and in the outer belt under those conditions? 

Edited by Dolemite

3 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Same here. Tried twice to get into it. I know my excuse is chicken shit, but what bothered me was that the time frame and technology didn't sync up with me, nor did the premise.

No way you could do what there were doing without more advanced technology, anti-gravity, inertia shielding, etc. I know I know. 

Humans wouldn't be doing that nasty ass work either. And who would want to live on Mars and in the outer belt under those conditions? 

I'm willing to give a show one (but only one) suspension of disbelief.

On 5/10/2019 at 11:03 PM, MillerEP said:

New season of the expanse should be dropping in a couple months, so I recommend anyone who hasn’t seen them yet to catch up soon.

If the Rosinante has a Amazon logo on it, I'm out! (probably not, but still)

On 5/10/2019 at 8:02 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Been waiting for this. I know the premise of the show is a bit goofy but it doesn't bother me. I mean my favorite show is about a high school teacher who becomes a big player in the meth game with zero experience so meh. I just want to be entertained.

I started Bosch and Sneaky Pete at the same time. Enjoyed both. Bosch seemed a little formulaic in the beginning but once it got established, it got very good.

just started season 3, and it’s been meh after 2 episodes.  Seeing as how episode 2 ended though, I’m hoping that’s the pick me up this season needs

16 hours ago, Pancho Negro said:

just started season 3, and it’s been meh after 2 episodes.  Seeing as how episode 2 ended though, I’m hoping that’s the pick me up this season needs

I finished season 3 last week. It was pretty meh. I didn't hate it but it did not grab me like the first 2 seasons.

Just finished episode one - loving it so far.

I haven’t read the book, I downloaded the audiobook but I’m saving for after I finish the series.

David Tenant and Michael Sheen are fantastic together. They have great chemistry and play really well off each other.

And Jon Hamm as Gabriel and the bureaucracy of both Heaven and Hell is a really great element.

• Like 3

On 5/25/2019 at 6:56 AM, Dolemite said:

What do you mean? All the science geeks geeked out about how realistic it was. 

I think the only really out there tech they have is the Epstein drive (essentially a way to get a fusion reactor to be efficient enough and small enough to power the engines enough to accelerate at sustained speeds of several Gs), and there’s a little short story in one of the later episodes about how that came to be. 

Just finished the Night Manager.  Plugging it again because I'm sure a lot of folks missed it like I did and it was exceptional.  Same lady who directed Bird Box.  She's bowed out of S2, which I've read is under development with no ETA as of yet, but I'm curious to see how they're able to continue the story with little original source material, or if they morph it into another JLC book.   

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Lazarus Bocanegra said:

Just finished the Night Manager.  Plugging it again because I'm sure a lot of folks missed it like I did and it was exceptional.  Same lady who directed Bird Box.  She's bowed out of S2, which I've read is under development with no ETA as of yet, but I'm curious to see how they're able to continue the story with little original source material, or if they morph it into another JLC book.   

agreed, it is fantastic!

I finished Goliath season 2 last week. I don't know what the hell I was watching, its like it switched genres midseason and a high school drama teacher wrote the last 2 episodes. It was terrible.

Started up with Good Omens over the weekend and its been great so far.

On 5/20/2019 at 8:59 AM, Post Oak said:

Tried Fleabag.  Gave it a few episodes.  Didn't care for it.  Might come back to it later.

Liked ABC Murders.  Knew I would as soon as I heard Malkovich was playing Hercule Poirot

Ok. S2 is outstanding. Glad I stuck with it