Amazon prime recommendations

Washpark

On 6/12/2019 at 11:05 AM, irishtexan said:

Just finished Fleabag last night. It was fucking fantastic. And both seasons done in under 6 hours. Phoebe Waller-Bridge is very, very talented.

Please tell me you are a chick?? I can understand Bama Chick loving it, but good God.... Look, if you were a chick raised by a dysfunctional family, I think i get it, but it was a beating for me just to get past the first episode and I found no laughs.

• Like 2

Please tell me you are a chick?? I can understand Bama Chick loving it, but good God.... Look, if you were a chick raised by a dysfunctional family, I think i get it, but it was a beating for me just to get past the first episode and I found no laughs.

I thought it was good. Sorry our opinions don’t align. Not sure why you would feel the need to personally attack me because I liked a tv show you didn’t like. You be you, dude.
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Turkleton said:

Lighten up Francis 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, irishtexan said:

I thought it was good. Sorry our opinions don’t align. Not sure why you would feel the need to personally attack me because I liked a tv show you didn’t like. You be you, dude.

Being Surly, Mea culpa....

Edited by Turkleton

On 6/13/2019 at 7:57 AM, BBQ2Bayou said:

I'm not huge on Westerns, but I do like some. I'm guessing most people here would recommend Deadwood the series? Seems like most people that watch TV would recommend it. 

Only if you would be interested in one of the best shows ever written. If not, then look elsewhere. 

On 6/16/2019 at 1:56 AM, irishtexan said:

It's better than good.

Especially with Moriarty (the priest). 

I’m a straight 40 something male and I thought it was excellent. My gf and I watch a lot of TV and Season 2 is one of the best comedy series I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Any watching Too Old to Die Young?  It is, um, to steal a phrase from the Roma thread, deliberately paced.  It’s Nicolas Refn so the beta is gargantuan on it. 

Also, watch the trailer for The Boys.  Looks like The Watchmen, but without the self importance.  

• Like 1

Any watching Too Old to Die Young?  It is, um, to steal a phrase from the Roma thread, deliberately paced.  It’s Nicolas Refn so the beta is gargantuan on it. 
Also, watch the trailer for The Boys.  Looks like The Watchmen, but without the self importance.  

Man, I tried the other night but I couldn’t make it through the first episode. Maybe I will try again. I can tell you that taking any medication that makes you drowsy before attempting to watch this show will result in failure. Unless your goal is to sleep.

I started Good Girls Revolt this week because I'll watch about anything that deals with journalism. It's fine... nothing special... has some Mad Men qualities, based on the period, but without the quality of writing or acting. They only did one season so I'll finish it, but had it continued I'm not sure I would have stuck around for the long haul. Obviously that is a ringing endorsement.

May have been mentioned in the past, but the Gymkhana Files was pretty good. You get a good behind the scenes look at Gymkhana 10 and some pretty bad ass vehicles. That led me down a rabbit hole of Amazon recommendations including the Fish Guyz (I liked it for what it is), Dream of Dakar, Tough Rides, and a few other car/truck shows. Flipping over to the Grand Tour now to see if I want to catch up on it. I need to make my way back over to some series.

If not for Tennant. Good Omens would be a steaming pile. 

If you dont know much about WWI I would recommend The First World War.

Incredible footage, full of personal accounts, recordings of veterans, and amazing details Id never known of. Especially how the world powers drew all their colonies into the shit show.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 9:57 AM, BBQ2Bayou said:

I'm not huge on Westerns, but I do like some. I'm guessing most people here would recommend Deadwood the series? Seems like most people that watch TV would recommend it. 

I would highly recommend it. If you don't, You are a sorry ass COCKSUCKER!!!

Edited by Alex Karev
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Alex Karev said:

I would highly recommend it. If you don't, You are a sorry ass COCKSUCKER!!!

This post omits the required 7 "fucks" and needs 3 more "cocksuckers" to fucking accurately fucking describe fucking Deadwood.  Cocksucker.

The word "fuck" and its derivatives are used 2,980 times throughout the series. - IMBD 

I believe that'd be 83 times per episode.

On 6/19/2019 at 10:08 PM, Hook1997 said:

On episode 5 of season 2 of Fleabag, it’s entertaining enough to keep watching but those thinking it’s great?  I don’t get that.  It’s depressing and sad with a sparse couple chuckles here and there...  

That's where I'm at.

On 7/10/2019 at 3:04 PM, BBQ2Bayou said:

On the 6th or 7th episode and really digging it. Didn't even know Raylan was in it. That's a bonus. 

He was Bullock before Raylan came along.

On 7/10/2019 at 2:10 PM, gernblansten said:

This post omits the required 7 "fucks" and needs 3 more "cocksuckers" to fucking accurately fucking describe fucking Deadwood.  Cocksucker.

The word "fuck" and its derivatives are used 2,980 times throughout the series. - IMBD 

I believe that'd be 83 times per episode.

Seems low.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

At first I thought he killed them both. The more I thought about it, I think he drowned her to get what he wanted. It fits in with the subtle selfishness of his character. 

Rob's selfishness is in no way subtle, but while he has often openly talked about violently killing Sharon (and vice versa), he has never given any indication that he would actually physically harm her.  His over-the-top dark sarcasm is a defining characteristic, but underneath it, he is a softie who loves his wife and children. 

The darkest ending I imagined was them both getting caught in an undertow and carried out to sea, with either both accepting it calmly or it being a tragic accident.  I decided that wasn't happening when the camera showed them swimming back to shore, and they clearly weren't struggling or getting farther from it.