Amazon prime recommendations

Washpark

The Boys may be absolutely fucking awesome.  I can’t tell yet, but it is getting there.  I am on episode two, but seems miles more fun than Umbrella Academy, which wasn’t bad.  It’s Watchmen if Watchmen didn’t insist on itself.  

I liked the first episode. Just started episode two.

Elisabeth Shue is still hot.

5 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Question about episode 2, and a spoiler (I don’t know how to do spoilers)

When Translucent has his final scene, wouldn’t his skin contain that? Seems like he should just keel over. 

Yeah probably but we wouldn't get the great visual

Just watched the first two eps.   This is great so far.

Edited by d2o

6 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Question about episode 2, and a spoiler (I don’t know how to do spoilers)

You see the eye next to font size in the toolbar? Highlight what you want spoilered and click that.

23 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

I liked the first episode. Just started episode two.

Elisabeth Shue is still hot.

Its funny.   In one of her first scene the first thing I noticed was how hard her nipples seemed.    Then later they have her pumping breast milk.   That's great method acting. hahahahah

35 minutes ago, d2o said:

Its funny.   In one of her first scene the first thing I noticed was how hard her nipples seemed.    Then later they have her pumping breast milk.   That's great method acting. hahahahah

I am now interested in watching this program. 

The Boys is the best thing I have seen in a while.  Completely over the top with seemingly nothing off limits in terms of where they take the characters and story.  I love the casting but especially Karl Urban and the dude playing Homelander.  Must watch TV IMO and I am psyched that it already got renewed for a second season.

3 hours ago, Hozz said:

The Boys is the best thing I have seen in a while.  Completely over the top with seemingly nothing off limits in terms of where they take the characters and story.  I love the casting but especially Karl Urban and the dude playing Homelander.  Must watch TV IMO and I am psyched that it already got renewed for a second season.

I couldn't get over Homelander looking so much like Bradley Cooper as Sack Lodge.  The baby with the laser eyes was something.

On 7/26/2019 at 11:51 PM, CooterBrown said:

At first I thought he killed them both. The more I thought about it, I think he drowned her to get what he wanted. It fits in with the subtle selfishness of his character.

Wait, wut?   Didn't they just splash around and have innocent fun in the water? 

Wait, wut?   Didn't they just splash around and have innocent fun in the water? 

He had no interest in swimming until he saw the sign that banned all swimming due to dangerous currents. He smiled when he read the sign and then joined her. At first I thought he killed them both but with him wanting to move back to Boston and keep his kids there, I think he drowned her.

On 7/29/2019 at 3:46 PM, seven said:

I thought homelander was the dude from the Americans for like 2 episodes. 

Shit,I briefly thought he was from Saved by the Bell, the first time I saw a trailer.  

The Boys is amazing.  Best comic book show by far.  Pacing, writing, and casting is perfect.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

7 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Mother's Milk reminds me of The Rock.  A lot of the same expressions and a similar charisma.

Didn't recognize Lily from Hell on Wheels at first.

I swear MM sounds EXACTLY like Denzel at times.

Warsaw '44.  Surprisingly good.  It's a mix of Enemy at the Gates, Schindler's List, and, at times A Thin Red Line.  The latter being that there are a few scenes that veer off into a more artsy theme.  (If you've seen A Thin Red Line you'll know what I'm talking about.)  Also, the women in this movie are gorgeous... and there's boobs.

It's subtitled, btw.

Guess I found The Boys thread here.  I was searching...

Just finished it (in 3 days). Very good. I got past the cheesy hero uniforms and such quick. I like the plot that they have going w a supe company.  

Banshee was the shit so I was all in when I heard he was a main actor here.  Although Banshee action was better than this show. He apparently has always been a supe with all those fights he was in on Banshee. 

Needed some female nudity though to balance the universe. This is what Thanos would want.

On 7/26/2019 at 6:34 PM, idigTexas said:

I just finished season 3 of Unforgotten.  It is not on Prime yet, but seasons 1 and 2 are, and all 3 are excellent.  If you like British crime dramas, add it to your list. 

Just watched 1 and 2 and liked it a lot. Thanks for the rec. Why is season 3 the only season on there that isn't free? Haven't looked to see if PBS has on demand or streaming where I could watch it. Guess I could just pay the 15 to watch it on Prime. 

22 minutes ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

Just watched 1 and 2 and liked it a lot. Thanks for the rec. Why is season 3 the only season on there that isn't free? Haven't looked to see if PBS has on demand or streaming where I could watch it. Guess I could just pay the 15 to watch it on Prime. 

It was released relatively recently.  It may be on the Prime Masterpiece channel if you have that, otherwise it should hit Prime eventually. 

In?

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/event-horizon-series-amazon-1203291883/

Amazon and Paramount Television are developing a series adaptation of the 1997 sci-fi horror film “Event Horizon,” Variety has learned.

The film was directed by Paul W. S. Anderson and written by Philip Eisner. The titled referred to a spaceship that disappeared after testing an experimental gravity drive capable of creating an artificial black hole that was meant to allow the ship to travel to distant points in the galaxy. A rescue crew and the gravity drive’s inventor are sent to investigate after the ship mysteriously reappears, only to discover that the ship traveled to a hellish dimension outside of the known universe that infects it with a sinister sentience, leading to multiple deaths.