Amazon prime recommendations

Washpark

14 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Covert Affairs originally aired on USA network.  Spy thriller with Pieper Perabo, if you forgive some plot lines and wtf why didn’t they just do this, it’s a addictive show.  

Would this be along the lines of a Burn Notice, White Collar, Person of Interest kind of show? 

18 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Believe much of the animation was done in Austin. 

Yes, Minnow Mountain in Austin did part of the animation.  A company in the Netherlands also contributed, but, although I have heard, I didn't get exactly how it was all done.  With shooting and vocals in LA, it is an example of how the Internet makes world cooperation possible.

Co-creator and writer Kate Purdy grew up in San Antonio, thus the setting of the series.

• Like 1

I'm finally getting around to S2 of Mrs. Maisel. There's a lot I like about this show, but at the same time far too often the characters are wholly unlikable. And why won't anyone ever just tell someone what they think? They hem and haw and take forever to get to the point (Midge/Abe in Paris, Midge telling her family about the comedy on Yom Kippur, and for God's sake) and it annoys me to no end. 

They Shall Not Grow Old is on my Prime.  (Though it may be on my HBONow app via Prime.)  Either way.  It's pretty groundbreaking.  There was a thread on here earlier this year.  Peter Jackson colorized a bunch of WWI footage.  The colorization combined with the jerkiness of the film speed is kind of creepy at times because it's just slightly off. The stories and historical significance are cool ... and sad.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2019 at 11:35 AM, williemackgarza said:

Sneaky pete was great season 1.
Now its plain awful.

I stopped watching about halfway through S2. Turrible

On 10/13/2019 at 1:25 PM, Post Oak said:

Watching Carnival Row.  Didn't think I would like it but I do.  It's interesting enough.  Would recommend 

I started watching thinking I would love it. I was wrong. Very, very, wrong.

11 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Well, handing in the man card, but the first couple of Modern Loves were pretty good I thought.  Woody Allen rebranded with more normal, likeable characters.  Anybody past middle age is going to "get" a lot of this.

Caveat.  Have only seen the first two.  I heard it gets pretty inconsistent.

Episode 3 is brilliant.

• Like 1

Yeah, Episode 3 is incredible, and I usually hate Anne Hathaway.   Episodes 2, 5, and 7 are pretty good to great.  The first and last episodes were just OK.  Episode 4 (tennis) was a waste of time and episode 6 (dad) was cringey and creepy and bad.   

Guzmin is creepy as fuck, second only to daddy complex. 

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:25 PM, Post Oak said:

Watching Carnival Row.  Didn't think I would like it but I do.  It's interesting enough.  Would recommend 

I was surprised by how good it ended up being.  First episode was slow.

So there is an actual weekly column in the NY Times, that people share their personal love stories and the paper publishes 1 per week and this show has picked 8 of those and turned them each into 30 minute shows? Is that what's going on with Modern Love? Has it been a column for years and they picked 8 stories out of hundreds or thousands of these already published stories? 

1 hour ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

So there is an actual weekly column in the NY Times, that people share their personal love stories and the paper publishes 1 per week and this show has picked 8 of those and turned them each into 30 minute shows? Is that what's going on with Modern Love? Has it been a column for years and they picked 8 stories out of hundreds or thousands of these already published stories? 

I think so, although too lazy to google.  

Yeah, Episode 3 with Hathaway -- can't say I enjoyed it but holy shit was not really expecting that.  

16 hours ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

That's pretty much it.  Like every other show, some episodes are better than others but all in all it's a good watch.  Episodes are only 30 minutes so that's good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watched about half of Dirtbag The Legend of Fred Beckey last night. Might finish it tonight depending on whether or not the baby goes down early. It's about one of the greatest unknown mountain/rock climbers in North America. He has more first ascents than anybody else on this continent,  yet nobody outside of the hard core climbing community knows who he is because he lived most of his life as a bum traveling around from place to place climbing.