NLCS- Dodgers v Brewers

Sbbruin

1 minute ago, Pimphand said:

Let's go ahead and mix in trading for Yelich & Realmuto along with taking Kris Bryant over Appel while we're at it.

No thanks.   I’m good with the Astros as they are.  No what ifs.  No woulda couldas.  Every move made led to where they are.  Who knows what the butterfly effect would have been otherwise?

12 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I didn’t remember that Hader was in the deal when the Astros traded for Gomez and Fiers. Add him and JD Martinez and we’re talking 1927 Yankees

while we could very well still have hader (though fiers did really help us last year), the story i've seen all day with the "what ifs" for jdm are kinda dumb.  he's been on 3 teams since the astros, and the most recent one paid him a bunch of money.  zero probability of him being an astro this season, even if we didn't cut him.  or, if you want to say we somehow paid him a bunch of money, then we likely don't have verlander, may not have had beltran last year, etc etc blah blah.

14 minutes ago, kevwun said:

3 innings for hader seems dumb

If you're going to pitch him 1, you might as well pitch him 3.

But I'm not sure why they pitched him 1.  

Kinda agree with HG -- maybe Counsell decided "This is how we're going to run this if we get an early lead on Kershaw," … and didn't deviate off that plan even though that lead was very comfortable and Kershaw was already out of the game.  Nah, that still doesn't make any sense.  

I mean, tomorrow's game is much more of a sure thing for Milwaukee because they're starting... Wade Miley???

• Fuck You 1

30 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I get that, but you have to realize this is game 1 and you have a comfortable lead.

i'm not condoning it, i'm trying to figure it out as well.

i wouldn't worry as much about burning him, i would worry about dodger hitters seeing too much of him and having that come back to bite you in the ass in a few days a la bregman/kenley.

110 pitches for the Brewer pen so far tonight.  It’s exactly what HG said earlier.  So what if they hold on to win tonight?   The Dodgers have gotten a lot of good looks at a pen they will see plenty of in this series.  And now they’ve drawn blood.  This is a bad night for the Crew even if they win.