Surly Podcast #7 10/11/18

immamac

9 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

ok i went and checked out the shaggy game thread for the ou game and saw there were 164 total posts and was like, "wtf??!!"  then i scrolled through and saw that literally 163 of the 164 posts were by the same poster.  hilarious.

He's too lazy to make a sock to talk to.

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

PLAY THE WHOLE PHONE CALL

CAPS!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

But are they wrong?

I would disagree with their assessment of Riley's motives with OU, yes.  Semantics, but he's not a Leach clone.

The content of proper rivalrous banter is plenty entertaining.  The homer factor is expected.

Also, the guy who is not Blacklab cusses way too fucking much.

Edited by slorch

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

I would disagree with their assessment of Riley's motives with OU, yes.  Semantics, but he's not a Leach clone.

The content of proper rivalrous banter is plenty entertaining.  The homer factor is expected.

I think the point they were getting at was more of the blueprint than that of a disciple. High-powered offense and fuckall for defense? Yeah, that seems like techification to me. Everyone knows tech will put out a strong offense, but the defense generally leaves much to be desired.  since 2002, tech average defensive rank was 85.5. In 2015 and 2016, they were ranked 127 of 128 and 128 of 128, respectively. Granted, this conference has a heavy focus on offense which skews how much a defense will encounter. But my point is that defense and tech are almost antonyms.

I'd just like to point out that Leach has had a top 25 (16 both years) defense the last two years.  I hear "Leach doesn't care about defense" all the time and it's just wrong.  He's winning at Wazzu by having a O/D balanced program.  

On 10/14/2018 at 2:24 PM, tejas60 said:

got damnit blacklab. when Kevin asked what he should do, you should have said, "you should go fuck yourself.".

The fucking balls of that guy.  I have been sued once.  And I want nothing more than the person who sued me to die in a fiery car crash.  But slowly and painfully.  Clinging to life for weeks and ultimately succumbing to the agony.  I prevailed because it was a baseless suit, but fuck him, and fuck Kevin.

Three thoughts:

1. Fuck Kevin indeed. I’ve been sued. It sucks. 

2. Where did you play golf, BL?

3. Is Immamac a small-dicked smarmy cocksucker in real life, or just on the radio?

1 hour ago, Rex Kramer said:

Three thoughts:

1. Fuck Kevin indeed. I’ve been sued. It sucks. 

2. Where did you play golf, BL?

3. Is Immamac a small-dicked smarmy cocksucker in real life, or just on the radio?

In real life my dick is much bigger than on the radio.

• immamac unfeatured and unpinned this topic