ballers

pepper brooks

Didn't see a thread and I can probably see why.  I have enjoyed that show for what it is.  Generally, cool cars, hot chicks often scantily clad or unclad, sports, and some humorous hijinx.  This season was kind of a beating.  There wasn't much of any of that.  It tried to be a "statement" show and maybe they could have pulled that off in the right doses or setting, but most of the good humor and cool shit was completely absent.  Really disappointed it went the way it did.  

It’s definitely an unsatisfying end to an unsatisfying season. Kinda seems like the rock may not be back. Maybe wrong on that, but if you’re thinking the finale may ave the season don’t get tour hopes up.  I had it on, but wasn’t really even watching after about 5-10 minutes of the same shit. 

53 minutes ago, RPM said:

Rob Corddry is the main reason I watch. That guy is comedy gold.

This.

1 hour ago, McCroskey said:

Only storyline of the season I liked was Charles running the Rams, by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And while I enjoyed it it was beyond even Hollywood leeway laughable for a guy that was a borderline OL turned car salesmen would be running a team a few years after retiring. Just beyond idiotic. 

It's the sports version of Entourage and as awful as Entourage was at least it was mildly entertaining, this has been going downhill since the middle of the first season. This season was beyond awful. 

wow, i honestly didn't even know it was currently airing.  i haven't watched since season 2 and kind of forgot about it.

i've seen no advertising, no commercials, and no billboards (and i live right on the sunset strip, where every current show or movie has a billboard).

guess it was a good decision.

20 hours ago, C-Man said:

I've got the season finale left but I feel like I'm punching the clock watching these days. I don't find it all that enjoyable anymore.

Ditto. I watched the first few episodes of this season and bailed. It used to be mindlessly entertaining. That is no longer the case. It's just boring, and like someone else said, a beating. It's trying to be something that it is most clearly not. 

Edited by lateshow
  • Like 1

I didn't watch this year because last year got so ridiculous that I could no longer suspend disbelief.  It was originally kind of like Entourage-type fantasy but last year it decided to turn all that up to 11.

I even tried to watch the first episode this season, but suddenly Rock's character is getting a nomination to HoF from last season's villain and it's clear they were going to fuck.  And I can't get past the idea that Charles the nice idiot is the full GM of the Rams just one year out of his NFL career.

• 9 months later...

Looks like Season 5 is a couple weeks away.  As bad as last season was I feel like ive invested in 4 seasons, I might as well give it a few episodes to see if they return to being a mildly funny show with cool cars, hot chicks and sports, or if they want to continue trying to be a serious show making a statement.  If they continue to path of season 4, i'm bailing.  quickly.  

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:36 AM, RPM said:

As long as Rob Corddry is still on, I'll watch.

he's certainly a bright spot on the show, but even he couldn't save last season.  Let's hope they get back on track and use his full potential.  THis show has a low bar to reach for entertainment, they shouldn't try to be something they're not.  

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, bamachine said:

I missed the last few episodes of the prior season(Dish lost HBO and I eventually switched to DirecTV), how did Strasmore get fuck you money?

This.  I also fail to remember (although previews seem to indicate he is going to have to raise it from folks).  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2019 at 10:21 PM, Pig Bellmont said:

Any explanation would be better than guessing. All of a sudden he’s a billionaire with multiple houses?

Watched the second episode last night and it was pretty much cleared up. He and the brothers followed through and (I guess) took on the NCAA and earned piles and piles of money. It's probably better they don't get into specifics because they'd likely trip all over their dicks trying to explain it. Seems like this season is off to a little better start than last.

• 2 weeks later...