YETI Cancels IPO

Fucking this.  I have one (my wife got it for me as a gift -- not what I would have suggested, but I'm hard to shop for), and it's a pain in the ass to haul anywhere.  And wheel kits for them are like $150.  Ridiculous.

I know the guy that sells the wheels at coolerextras.com. His reasoning was if someone will drop $300+ on a cooler, they’ll pay $150+ for wheels. He was right. He sells a fuck load of them. Some of his wheels push $500 and bros buy them.

NRA statement:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180424/alert-yeti-adds-insult-to-injury

If it wasn’t bad enough that YETI dropped The NRA Foundation as a client, now they’re calling us liars because we informed our members and friends of their actions.

The NRA Foundation has over 1,100 “Friends of NRA Committees” around the country. These committees host banquets and auctions that are attended by hundreds of thousands of guests each year.  These events raise funds to support charitable causes and programs.  The NRA Foundation supports the needs of  youth programs for education, safety and training, as well as law enforcement needs, shooting ranges and conservation programs. 

For many years we have purchased coolers from YETI for our auctions. We have auctioned off many thousands of YETI coolers each year. YETI recently dropped The NRA Foundation as a client.  Not only would they not take our orders for more coolers, they forced us to cancel orders already in the system that they said they would not fill.

Three days after we notified you of YETI’s decision to drop The NRA Foundation, YETI issued their prepared statement in which they admit they dropped us but claim they simply eliminated the discount program and dropped other (unnamed) organizations as well.  That’s news to us. 

Perhaps the people writing YETI’s damage control statements are not talking to the people who enforced YETI’s decisions and refused our orders. We had even offered the YETI Roadie in one of our sponsorship levels for 2018 – which we’ve had to cancel. 

We told you the truth.  

YETI’s attempts at damage control is to say our statement is not accurate.  Shame on you again YETI.  You know you made a mistake.  A big one. Now you must live with your mistake. 

• Like 1

If it wasn’t bad enough that YETI dropped The NRA Foundation as a client, now they’re calling us liars because we informed our members and friends of their actions.

they simply eliminated the discount program and dropped other (unnamed) organizations as well.  That’s news to us. 

"They're calling us liars" "oh wait, information we didn't have when we released our statement".

14 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I clicked on this thread and realized I'm not an NRA member, nor do I own a Yeti, so.....whatever. 

Most people are in the same boat as you. The NRA's days and influence are numbered. And I say that as someone who supports the 2nd Amendment. They have become a fringe group who come off as loons to a majority who is tiring of their schtick.

55 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

I think that the NRA knows that a large portion of their money comes from the right wing triggered at everything crowd and they have to play to that base. I'm pretty pro gun rights (with some exceptions) and liked the old NRA. Sad to see it get sucked into the polarizing world of politics. 

How long ago was this? As far back as I can remember they were always heavily politicized. 

*would be late 90’s when I started paying attention to things of that sort. 

1 hour ago, Larry T. Spider said:

I think that the NRA knows that a large portion of their money comes from the right wing triggered at everything crowd and they have to play to that base. I'm pretty pro gun rights (with some exceptions) and liked the old NRA. Sad to see it get sucked into the polarizing world of politics. 

I think you've got the wrong wing.  And for fuck sake, don't CR this shit...

6 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

How long ago was this? As far back as I can remember they were always heavily politicized. 

*would be late 90’s when I started paying attention to things of that sort. 

Really good, in depth discussion in this podcast.  A bunch of assholes took over the NRA in the late 70s and turned it into the band of nutcases it is today.  Also, another nutcase who convinced Scalia and his cronies about the "individual" rights part of the 2nd Amendment, and total disregard for the "militia" part.

https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/radiolab-presents-more-perfect-gun-show

Edited by 'stache

13 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

I’ve never understood how a cultural movement ever became centered around a cooler. 

“Damn! My drink is still cold! This is amazing and deserves a sticker on my truck!”

Never understood the tumblers.  Vacuum insulated bottles have been around my whole life.  Dad had a "thermos" to keep drinks hot.  I guess it was the yeti cooler that made the yeti cup popular.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

I’ve never understood how a cultural movement ever became centered around a cooler. 

“Damn! My drink is still cold! This is amazing and deserves a sticker on my truck!”

It's crazy.  Overnight they convinced a bunch of people that they need to tailgate with a bear proof cooler that can hold ice for a week even though you are just going to take that Ice and dump it on the ground at the end of the day.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 11:21 AM, PilotsError said:

Those of us who support the NRA don't give a fuck about nuance.  A discount program, all association...doesn't matter.  We reject ANY infringement on gun rights, and any movement away from the NRA is a political statement that you support gun confiscation.  Ergo, go fuck yourselves.  

I haz confusion. This is coming from a guy who hates law enforcement. 

47 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

It's crazy.  Overnight they convinced a bunch of people that they need to tailgate with a bear proof cooler that can hold ice for a week even though you are just going to take that Ice and dump it on the ground at the end of the day.

I bought a Yeti back in 2006 for my bay boat. But that was before they doubled their prices. And the sole reason I bought it was so I could stand on it while sight casting for reds. 

I still have that cooler. And never use it.  I grab my Coleman on wheels. 

15 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

When your business model is to convince a bunch of rubes that they need a $400 cooler, don't be surprised when someone else turns that same bunch of rubes against you.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 'stache said:

Really good, in depth discussion in this podcast.  A bunch of assholes took over the NRA in the late 70s and turned it into the band of nutcases it is today.  Also, another nutcase who convinced Scalia and his cronies about the "individual" rights part of the 2nd Amendment, and total disregard for the "militia" part.

https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/radiolab-presents-more-perfect-gun-show

It's pretty sad, really.  I can remember a time when it was an organization that supported shooting sports.  Period.  Including the marksmanship medals won by ringmeat kids at summer camps all across the country.  The American Rifleman used to be a great magazine.

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

When your business model is to convince a bunch of rubes that they need a $400 cooler, don't be surprised when someone else  shoot yourself in the dick and turn that same bunch of rubes against you.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's pretty sad, really.  I can remember a time when it was an organization that supported shooting sports.  Period.  Including the marksmanship medals won by ringmeat kids at summer camps all across the country.  The American Rifleman used to be a great magazine.

Tis a shame the USofA had to go an get all political on them.

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

When your business model is to convince a bunch of rubes that they need a $400 cooler, don't be surprised when someone else turns that same bunch of rubes against you.

Used to be that the rubes (on both ends of the political spectrum) had little voice and we called them the town loony. With social media, the rubes can unite and are a powerful force.

However, the powerful force is like a fucking hurricane. It's unpredictable and uncontrollable while it's spewing filth.

2 hours ago, Falling Down said:

Tis a shame the USofA had to go an get all political on them.

Listen to the podcast I posted.  The USA didn't do anything to them.  A small group of members decided to take over leadership and insert themselves into the 2nd Amendment debate, and then over time went full retard.  

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Somewhere I've still got a nice enameled rifle safety pin, still pinned to the cardboard that it came with. Has a shooters safety message on it. I got is as a kid in the 60's or maybe 70's. sigh.

3 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

so how many guns must someone have to be the target demographics of 2A nutjobs?

At least 4, apparently. 

Of course, if you really want to be in the target demographic, you also have to check some other boxes (thinks guns are "a great investment", watches MMA, susceptible to slippery slope arguments and various other logical fallacies, owns a truck worth almost as much as their home, etc.)  

10 minutes ago, Heavy 6 said:

I like how the thread shifted from discussions over an overpriced lifestyle brand to an NRA bash / purse fight.

Well, it's kinda like the Battle of the Network Douchenozzles.

As rojo noted above, if you market to a bunch of ignorant bros, don't be surprised when they go all ignorant bro.

3 hours ago, Celery Man said:

That's the point.  He's not hardcore.  Regular core.  And that's no longer what the NRA represents.

pretty much what i was going to point out. posrep.

the thing is, cabowabo is displaying the exact kind of attitude that gets us dana loesch. 

When you're naive enough to pay this much for a cooler, you're naive enough to listen to somebody telling you to blow it up outta protest.  

I'm gonna go put a Coleman sticker on my Tahoe and pretend to be 'outdoorsy' 

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

When you're naive enough to pay this much for a cooler, you're naive enough to listen to somebody telling you to blow it up outta protest.  

I'm gonna go put a Coleman sticker on my Tahoe and pretend to be 'outdoorsy' 

Better:  Coleman pissing on a Yeti sticker.

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Dana needs to ratchet back a couple of shades on her Clairol/Loreal.  Color 666, Wicked Witch of Southlake, isn't doing her any favors.

Disagree.

I loathe her.

But the hair color DEFINITELY works.

Oh, and she's an attention horse for sure:

Paul Guyot, whose production credits include NCIS: New Orleans, The Librarians,and Leverage and who wrote for Felicity and Judging Amy, says Loesch once pitched him a sitcom idea starring herself. As Guyot remembered in a tweet (see it below), the pitch involved “ ‘A hot young mom who does far right radio show.’ Said her age & looks would make 1 side hate her & 1 love her so everyone would watch. Was obsessed w the potential fame & money. I turned her down.”

Edited by Brisketexan