Getting into the army

Jade

On 10/12/2018 at 1:36 PM, Jade said:

Took my walk of shame about a month ago. I had broken up with Matt and his new girl kept wanting to fight me. I really tried avoiding her. I got up earlier so I could get to chow sooner I changed my route to class left campus on the weekends. I got cornered in the bathroom and her girls watched the door. I didnt throw the first punch but I swung back. Someone recorded it and we got busted. I did walk away with a medical records certification though

Would you want back in?

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It was the "above the collar" that got him.  We even talked about having one of my plastic surgeon buddies excise the stupid fuckng thing.   My dad, (former Marine) said "fuck the Marines, go talk to the Army" so that's what he did, and walla...

24 minutes ago, Jade said:

Please

I have a relationship with Rescare. Tell me your name and story (ie. how long you have left to finish, career path, etc.). I'll be traveling for a few weeks so it will probably take a decent length of time to get back with you and I may need a reminder. No promises but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Took my walk of shame about a month ago. I had broken up with Matt and his new girl kept wanting to fight me. I really tried avoiding her. I got up earlier so I could get to chow sooner I changed my route to class left campus on the weekends. I got cornered in the bathroom and her girls watched the door. I didnt throw the first punch but I swung back. Someone recorded it and we got busted. I did walk away with a medical records certification though

This is like an episode of The Wire. This is America , you have a record your only options are the drug trade or the sex trade.

Edited by Michael Knight

4 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

What does this mean?

That you're most likely going to be on a ship eating ship food and sleeping in a (possibly still warm) rack instead of god awful MREs and the ground or whatever.

E:  Unless you're a seal, seabee, corpsman, or one of those rapid response security dudes that's unlucky enough to get deployed for operation bomb useless dirt, etc.  Then you get all the downsides of being in the Navy AND the Army/USMC!  Sweet!

Edited by MadBurgerMaker

14 minutes ago, MadBurgerMaker said:

That you're most likely going to be on a ship eating ship food and sleeping in a (possibly still warm) rack instead of god awful MREs and the ground or whatever.

E:  Unless you're a seal, seabee, corpsman, or one of those rapid response security dudes that's unlucky enough to get deployed for operation bomb useless dirt, etc.  Then you get all the downsides of being in the Navy AND the Army/USMC!  Sweet!

ah got it.  i have a few friends in the naval service, 2 of them were on ships but 2 of them were stationed in FOBs for long periods of time.

7 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

ah got it.  i have a few friends in the naval service, 2 of them were on ships but 2 of them were stationed in FOBs for long periods of time.

There are actually quite a few jobs where you can end up deployed somewhere that sucks and doesn't involve a ship, depending on the command you end up with, but really for most things odds are you're going to the fleet.

You people saying AF must not have a lot of experience with them lately. They are one of the tougher ones to get in; if you got rejected by the Army you have no shot in the AF (or Marines for that matter).

Also, never would have guessed GilBang's son had a neck tat. Why would you allow your ostensibly under 18 year old son in your home get a freaking neck tat? No judgment, really, just curious. I came home once from the mall when I was 13 with an earring from Claire's and my dad whipped my butt. I think I'd have to really evaluate some things if my son went off and a) thought it was okay to get a neck/face tattoo or b) disrespecting me and my house to such a degree that he would get a neck/face tattoo.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I like how you say “no judgement” right after passing judgement. Fuck off with that shit. 

I’m not judging gilbang, judging his son as disrespectful if he was underage and got a freaking face tat or neck tat under his dads roof (assuming his dad is a normal dad and not smoking pot with his son encouraging him to get it)

I would try to get the misdemeanor expunged, as that is likely fairly easy.  If I could get that done I might try the same for the felony.  Of course if you have the resources for that you might not be as drawn to the military to begin with.  

In a related story I met a young kid this Summer working a job at the coast as a bar back/bus boy.  The job seemed well below what he seemed to be able to do, and I encouraged him to shoot a little higher.  I offered him a little cash construction work as the season was winding down and August and he confessed that basically he was facing a felony marijuana possession charge and was going to turn himself in to the police in his hometown.  The kid was in ROTC in all of high school and was recruited and he just decided he wanted to play a little bit.  HUGE mistake.  He was hoping that maybe he could get the DA to let him enlist, but I was thinking that those sorts of deals don't happen without a hot war going on.

18 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

You people saying AF must not have a lot of experience with them lately. They are one of the tougher ones to get in; if you got rejected by the Army you have no shot in the AF (or Marines for that matter).

Also, never would have guessed GilBang's son had a neck tat. Why would you allow your ostensibly under 18 year old son in your home get a freaking neck tat? No judgment, really, just curious. I came home once from the mall when I was 13 with an earring from Claire's and my dad whipped my butt. I think I'd have to really evaluate some things if my son went off and a) thought it was okay to get a neck/face tattoo or b) disrespecting me and my house to such a degree that he would get a neck/face tattoo.

He was in his 20's, living on his own, and got some stupid ass tat on his back.  I don't like tats.  I have none. 

My son is the best man I know hands-down.  From E1 to  E7 in just over 7 years.  Two combat tours.  He's a hell of a soldier and an even better man. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

He was in his 20's, living on his own, and got some stupid ass tat on his back.  I don't like tats.  I have none. 

My son is the best man I know hands-down.  From E1 to  E7 in just over 7 years.  Two combat tours.  He's a hell of a soldier and an even better man. 

In his 20's? He had a college degree and went enlisted?

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Like a tramp stamp?

med-1409152731-1381584779-00032.jpg

16 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

His grandfather's name on his shoulders, like a player's name on a football jersey.   2 parts of it show above the collar on a T shirt.  Violation of USMC policy.

It it's in old English then it sounds like a badass tattoo

On 10/13/2018 at 9:09 PM, Bevo said:

I have a relationship with Rescare. Tell me your name and story (ie. how long you have left to finish, career path, etc.). I'll be traveling for a few weeks so it will probably take a decent length of time to get back with you and I may need a reminder. No promises but it doesn't hurt to ask.

ISWYD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ed0b3a73233647e3c1e9ab7c4ff55e38.jpg

On 10/15/2018 at 6:47 AM, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Dude, fucking Rocko got into the Air Force.  How hard can it be?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1