LSU is going in dry

texifornia

so Greedy and one OL leaving early, anyone else?  Their QB sucks and UT will stop their lame offense.  I'm very confident about a Texas win. 

no OL have declared; it’s a DL who declared...Ed Alexander, second string who’s been fighting injuries for 2+ years and missed about 6-7 games this year.

still waiting on Thanos (Devin White) to decide...won’t be surprised at whatever he chooses.

Greedy’s spot will go to incoming frosh Stingley, who’s already working out with the team and from all accounts lives up to the hype. if DW declares it’ll be a loss but we’re thick at LB and will still be above average. but there’s no replacing Thanos...period. Alexander’s absence won’t be felt on the DL. otherwise, everyone but Battle (situation safety) returns on D. so as of right now 22 of 24 on the 2-deep return.

we lost one OL to graduation, the rest of the two deep return...return all our skill guys save Brossette, but we’re definitely upgrading RB with John Emery and Ty Davis coming in so he won’t be felt either.

there’s a couple others who may declare (Lawrence, Divinity and Lewis) but no one expects them to go.
  • Like 1

LSU has a great DC in Aranda.  I'll take Orlando but this is a really close match up.  They also have a lot of talent.  Tigers' last 4 recruiting classes were ranked: #2, #7, #15 and #5.  Still more talent than the Horns but it's getting closer.  The biggest liabilities are a very conservative offense and an average QB.

27 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

no OL have declared; it’s a DL who declared...Ed Alexander, second string who’s been fighting injuries for 2+ years and missed about 6-7 games this year.

still waiting on Thanos (Devin White) to decide...won’t be surprised at whatever he chooses.

Greedy’s spot will go to incoming frosh Stingley, who’s already working out with the team and from all accounts lives up to the hype. if DW declares it’ll be a loss but we’re thick at LB and will still be above average. but there’s no replacing Thanos...period. Alexander’s absence won’t be felt on the DL. otherwise, everyone but Battle (situation safety) returns on D. so as of right now 22 of 24 on the 2-deep return.

we lost one OL to graduation, the rest of the two deep return...return all our skill guys save Brossette, but we’re definitely upgrading RB with John Emery and Ty Davis coming in so he won’t be felt either.

there’s a couple others who may declare (Lawrence, Divinity and Lewis) but no one expects them to go.

Plus K'lavvion Chaisson will be  back from injury.

LSU has a great DC in Aranda.  I'll take Orlando but this is a really close match up.  They also have a lot of talent.  Tigers' last 4 recruiting classes were ranked: #2, #7, #15 and #5.  Still more talent than the Horns but it's getting closer.  The biggest liabilities are a very conservative offense and an average QB.

Burrow is tough as fuck and a helluva leader. his stat line against our one common opponent is practically equal to Ehlinger, and we played UGA when they were full strength.

Ehlinger - 19/27, 169; rushing 21/64

Burrow - 15/30, 200; rushing 13/66

he’s not the most talented, but he’s a true leader. and that’s a quality that’s far more important than a stat line.

Agree on Burrow.

He's got a lot of grit and is sneaky good.

He reminds of when I play golf with my cousin.  Nothing during the round jumps out and makes me think, "damn!", but back in the clubhouse I'll be damned if the mutherfucker didn't shoot a 74.

That's Burrow.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting to watch Class Size projections and attrition.

Aug 15th, 2018:  

Of the 81 scholarship players on LSU's roster, only nine are seniors in their final year of eligibility. When that group plays out their final season this fall, the scholarship total will dip down to 72.  If the Tigers wanted to sign a full recruiting class of 25 players (2019 Class), that would put the scholarship total entering next spring at 97. Translation: 12 more players would need to leave the roster, in addition to the seniors on this year’s team, for LSU to stay under the 85-man limit in the 2019 season.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/LSU-Tigers-football-scholarship-numbers-2018-season-25-man-signing-class-120700120/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today: 

2019 LSU Class Currently with 21 Commits

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

Edited by LTtxfan

• 2 months later...

Looks like LSU AD is out..... possible replacements:

• Aggy AD Scott Woodard favorite
  • SEC Assoc Commissioner Herb Vincent has LSU ties
  •  UCF AD well thought of
  • UH AD may also be a candidate
  • Long shot..... Clemson AD was at LSU before.... Dan Radakovich 

New AD for LSU from aggy..... HaHaHa

Now a minor rumor for a new LSU football analyst...

LSU: Inside USC’s Scott Wolf is reporting former USC defensive line coach Kenechi Udeze is set to join Ed Orgeron’s staff as a defensive analyst. Orgeron coached Udeze when he was at USC. Sources tell FootballScoop this move has been discussed in Baton Rouge; but has not been finalized at this time. Based on what we are hearing, it seems there is a realistic potential this ultimately happens; but at this time nothing has been finalized.

Previous article on the former USC DL Coach known for being a great recruiter below....

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Article/USC-football-DL-coach-Kenechi-Udeze-out-at-USC-coaching-changes--125446605/

From above article:  "This will be a blow to USC's recruiting in the short term seeing as Udeze was one of USC's most dogged recruiters. Udeze helped bring in arguably the best defensive line class in the nation last cycle with five-star defensive tackle  Marlon Tuipulotu, five-star Tufele, four-star JUCO DE transfer Caleb Tremblay and three-star gems Brandon Pili and Lichtenstein."

Edited by LTtxfan

Projecting college football's 25 best defensive players in 2019:

1 Chase Young DL Ohio State 
2 AJ Epenesa DL Iowa 
3 Grant Delpit S LSU 
4 Dylan Moses LB Alabama 
5 Derrick Brown DL Auburn

6 Caden Sterns S Texas 
7 K'Lavon Chaisson LB LSU 
8 Paddy Fisher LB Northwestern 
9 Kenny Willekes DL Michigan State 
10 Anfernee Jennings LB Alabama 
11 Jaylon Johnson CB Utah 
12 Bryce Hall CB Virginia 
13 Greg Eisworth S Iowa State 
14 Yetur Gross-Matos DL Penn State 
15 Kristian Fulton CB LSU 
16 Micah Parsons LB Penn State 
17 Alton Robinson DL Syracuse 
18 Evan Weaver LB California 
19 Terrell Lewis LB Alabama 
20 Alohi Gilman S Notre Dame 
21 Isaiah Simmons S Clemson 
22 CJ Henderson CB Florida 
23 Xavier Thomas DL Clemson 
24 Tipa Galeai DL Utah State 
25 Colin Schooler LB Arizona

LSU has 3 on the list...we just have Sterns.  Our offense is gonna have to perform for this game.

2 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Projecting college football's 25 best defensive players in 2019:

1 Chase Young DL Ohio State 
2 AJ Epenesa DL Iowa 
3 Grant Delpit S LSU 
4 Dylan Moses LB Alabama 
5 Derrick Brown DL Auburn

6 Caden Sterns S Texas 
7 K'Lavon Chaisson LB LSU 
8 Paddy Fisher LB Northwestern 
9 Kenny Willekes DL Michigan State 
10 Anfernee Jennings LB Alabama 
11 Jaylon Johnson CB Utah 
12 Bryce Hall CB Virginia 
13 Greg Eisworth S Iowa State 
14 Yetur Gross-Matos DL Penn State 
15 Kristian Fulton CB LSU 
16 Micah Parsons LB Penn State 
17 Alton Robinson DL Syracuse 
18 Evan Weaver LB California 
19 Terrell Lewis LB Alabama 
20 Alohi Gilman S Notre Dame 
21 Isaiah Simmons S Clemson 
22 CJ Henderson CB Florida 
23 Xavier Thomas DL Clemson 
24 Tipa Galeai DL Utah State 
25 Colin Schooler LB Arizona

LSU has 3 on the list...we just have Sterns.  Our offense is gonna have to perform for this game.

meh...

agree with Delpit, but Chaisson needs to prove himself and though a 5 star and a damn good corner, Fullton won't be our corner with the best numbers this year...that'll be Darryl Stingley, Jr.

Jacob Phillips (MLB with 87 tackles in 2018) deserves more props, and even more deserving than that is our OLB opposite Chaisson, Michael Divinity.  

Divinity is a legit fucking hoss...he's fast as fuck off the edge.

16 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

meh...

agree with Delpit, but Chaisson needs to prove himself and though a 5 star and a damn good corner, Fullton won't be our corner with the best numbers this year...that'll be Darryl Stingley, Jr.

Jacob Phillips (MLB with 87 tackles in 2018) deserves more props, and even more deserving than that is our OLB opposite Chaisson, Michael Divinity.  

Divinity is a legit fucking hoss...he's fast as fuck off the edge.

Hopefully none of them kill a guy in a parking lot this year.

• Haha 1

On 4/23/2019 at 7:53 AM, LTtxfan said:

New AD for LSU from aggy..... HaHaHa

Now a minor rumor for a new LSU football analyst...

LSU: Inside USC’s Scott Wolf is reporting former USC defensive line coach Kenechi Udeze is set to join Ed Orgeron’s staff as a defensive analyst. Orgeron coached Udeze when he was at USC. Sources tell FootballScoop this move has been discussed in Baton Rouge; but has not been finalized at this time. Based on what we are hearing, it seems there is a realistic potential this ultimately happens; but at this time nothing has been finalized.

Previous article on the former USC DL Coach known for being a great recruiter below....

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Article/USC-football-DL-coach-Kenechi-Udeze-out-at-USC-coaching-changes--125446605/

From above article:  "This will be a blow to USC's recruiting in the short term seeing as Udeze was one of USC's most dogged recruiters. Udeze helped bring in arguably the best defensive line class in the nation last cycle with five-star defensive tackle  Marlon Tuipulotu, five-star Tufele, four-star JUCO DE transfer Caleb Tremblay and three-star gems Brandon Pili and Lichtenstein."

LSU made the hire..... Kenechi Udeze as a defensive analyst, who's also a strong recruiter

LSU adds former USC All-American Kenechi Udeze as defensive analyst, rejoins Ed Orgeron

BY BROOKS KUBENA   APR 26, 2019 - 1:01 PM

Ed Orgeron has added a familiar face to his coaching staff, hiring Kenechi Udeze as a defensive analyst on Friday.  Udeze, who spent the last three seasons as the defensive line coach at Southern Cal, is listed on LSU's official coaching staff, as part of a analyst staff that has swelled to 11 members.  Udeze was an All-American defensive end at USC from 2001 to 2003, when Orgeron was the Trojans defensive line coach. Together, they helped USC win a share of the 2003 football national championship.

This is the latest addition to LSU's support staff, which added longtime defensive coordinator Kevin Cosgrove in March.  Udeze was the No. 20 overall pick by the Minnesota Vikings in 2004, where he played four seasons before beginning a career in college coaching.  He started as a strength coach at the University of Washington from 2009-2012, during the time when now-LSU athletic director Scott Woodward was the athletic director in Washington.  Udeze then became spent two seasons as an assistant in the NFL, with the Seattle Seahawks as an assistant defensive line coach in 2012 and the Minnesota Vikings in 2013, where he was a part of an NFL minority coaching fellowship.  Udeze then became the assistant strength and conditioning coach at the University of Pittsburgh from 2014-15 and USC in 2015.

Edited by LTtxfan

LSU having a strong spring in Recruiting..... Thanks to Fud post with summary (below)

Fud:  So LSU currently has 4 OOS commits who are .98s or higher, including two kids from California, one from DC, and one from Virginia

The recent commitment run over the last month or so they've gone on includes:

3/23: WDE Demon Clowney, #135 ranked prospect in the country, Maryland
4/10: DB Lorando Johnson, #178, Texas
4/19: LB Josh White, #286, Texas
4/20: Jermaine Burton, #35, California

4/27: WR Rakim Jarrett, #19, Washington DC
4/29: LB Antoine Sampah, #32, Virginia

Pretty surprising and remarkable to me

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/LSU-Tigers-football-analysts-offense-defense-2019-season-who-are-they-129786037/

Nine analysts now listed on LSU coaching staff

By SHEA DIXON Mar 6, 2:46 PM

LSU head coach Ed Orgeron has made a point to build up his football staff in recent offseason, meaning adding more coaches to the room beyond the NCAA’s limit of 10 on-field assistants.

So far, Orgeron has done just that.

One of the most recent additions is a former defensive coordinator in Kevin Cosgrove, who has coached in the Power Five realm for more than 20 years. Cosgrove was most recently the defensive coordinator at New Mexico for the past five seasons, but also worked as a defensive coordinator at Wisconsin with head coach Barry Alvarez and at Nebraska with head coach Bill Callahan. In 2002, he was named the Big 10’s Coordinator of the Year.  Cosgrove will serve as a defensive analyst under defensive coordinator Dave Aranda and his staff, giving that side of the ball four analysts moving into the start of spring practices on Thursday.

Lead analyst Ronnie Wheat has been on staff the longest of the group, serving as Aranda’s right-hand man while helping oversee both the linebackers and overall defense. Wheat is a Mississippi native who graduated from Millsaps in 2008.

Like Cosgrove, August Mangin is another addition to the defensive analyst group this offseason. A former walk-on at LSU from 2005-09, Mangin was part of the 2007 BCS National Championship team, and he later spent 2012-13 working on LSU’s staff under then head coach Les Miles. Mangin returned to LSU after spending the 2018 season at Alabama, where he worked with the special teams unit. He had been at Northwestern State the prior four seasons.

Aaron Schwanz is back on staff after working with the defense during the 2018 season. The Wisconsin native, who graduated from Wisconsin-Oshkosh in 2009, worked under Aranda when they were both at Wisconsin. Prior to LSU, he spent multiple years on staff at Southeastern Louisiana.

On the offensive side of the football, five analysts are now listed on the LSUSports.net website.

The most recent addition on that side of the ball was DJ Mangas, a 30-year old who became the second-youngest offensive coordinator in Division I at William & Mary, where he spent the past two seasons. Mangas played and coached with new LSU passing game coordinator Joe Brady at William and Mary.

Orgeron also added former Tulane staff member and NFL offensive line coach Mark Hutson to the analyst team on the offensive side. Hutson, a two-time All-American at Oklahoma and third round selection in the 1988 NFL Draft, had been with the Cleveland Browns since 2016. He’s now coaches 22 years at the college level and six years in the NFL.

Blaine Gautier remains on staff working with the offense after graduating from Louisiana-Lafayette in in 2012. The Louisiana native set a handful of records while playing quarterback with the Ragin’ Cajuns, including yards passing (2,958), passing touchdowns (23) and completion percentage (.628).

Jorge Munoz is also back on staff as an offensive analyst after spending last season in Baton Rouge. Prior to working at LSU, Munoz served in a number of different offensive roles during his 10 years in in Lafayette. His jobs included pass game coordinator/quarterbacks coach (2008-10), receivers coach (2011-15), offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach (2016) and wide receivers coach (2017).

The youngest analyst on staff is Tyler Spotts-Orgeron, an LSU graduate who has been working on LSU’s staff since Miles was the head coach. Spotts-Orgeron is Orgeron’s oldest of three sons. Spotts-Orgeron is back working with the offense this spring.

Edited by LTtxfan

On 1/11/2019 at 11:09 AM, idigTexas said:

Username checks out, not that I disagree.

Here's the story - When I signed up way back on Hornfans I was working for Bank One mutual funds wholesaling the territory of AR, MS, and LA.  I lived in Mandeville, across Lake Pontchatrain from NOLA.

I was trying to come up with a username and "Cajunhorn" just popped into my head.

It stuck and here we are.  Born, raised in south Texas and came out of the womb two steppin' to GS with a Lone Star in one hand and a fuckin' tamale in the other.  I fear the Chupacabra, not the Rougarou mi amigo negro.

So, actually, username probably doesn't really check out.  

/csb

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Cajun said:

Here's the story - When I signed up way back on Hornfans I was working for Bank One mutual funds wholesaling the territory of AR, MS, and LA.  I lived in Mandeville, across Lake Pontchatrain from NOLA.

I was trying to come up with a username and "Cajunhorn" just popped into my head.

It stuck and here we are.  Born, raised in south Texas and came out of the womb two steppin' to GS with a Lone Star in one hand and a fuckin' tamale in the other.  I fear the Chupacabra, not the Rougarou mi amigo negro.

/csb

That story sucked

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Cajun said:

/csb

Well Bank One is gone.....

So as Paul Harvey said... What's "the rest of the story"??

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Well Bank One is gone.....

So as Paul Harvey said... What's "the rest of the story"??

Rest of the story?

Well, about two weeks before Katrina we (all the One Group Funds wholesalers) got the call - "JP Morgan just aquired us and you need to bring your laptop to the Airport Hilton on Tuesday to meet with JP's Honcho in charge of Regional VPs."  

You don't have to wait for that talk to know the score.  Gonzo.  They had their own wholesaling force and basically, were just after One Groups assets and, more importantly, Jaimie Dimon, our CEO.

They gave me a nice severance and I moved back to TX lickity split.  About 8 days after getting to my place near Canyon Lake, Katrina's eye passed 14 mi due east of where I lived there.  Thanks for firing me JP!

No telling if I'd be typing this CSB today had those guys not canned my sorry ass.

So, THAT's the rest of the story...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Eggo said:

That story sucked

I left out the really good bits.

"Biology" parties at the Royal Sonesta, sucking Tootsie Rolls from shaved snappers, NOLA cop who sold my roommate blow from the trunk of his police cruiser, Baton Rouge gf who had totally natural size F sweater dogs, etc.  

I remember when I met her.  A set up at the Columns on St. Charles by a Stifel Nicholas broker that used to dig drinking on my tab.  Talked with her maybe 3 minutes and she says, "So, you're a Texas boy, huh?"  I just nodded, still a little on the conservative side so early in the initial whathaveyou.  

She says, "Well, you must have done the Rodeo Cowboy position then?"  

I'm like, "The Rodeo Cowboy what?"

Without batting an eye she hits me - "That's where you're doin' a girl from behind and call her by your ex-girlfriend's name and then see if you can hang on for 8 seconds."

It was on like Donkey Kong from that second on.

Love them Louisiana bitches.

Me, I got sum dem Kay John ree latives. Dey livin' in Breaux Bridge an' Plaquemine - not dat parish, dat town 'cross the rive from batt on  rouge -  an' den sum down Algiers. I dig wut you sayin' 'bout dem gals. Hooo-eee!  Laissez les bon temps rouler!