LSU is going in dry

texifornia

56 minutes ago, Cajun said:

I left out the really good bits.

"Biology" parties at the Royal Sonesta, sucking Tootsie Rolls from shaved snappers, NOLA cop who sold my roommate blow from the trunk of his police cruiser, Baton Rouge gf who had totally natural size F sweater dogs, etc.  

I remember when I met her.  A set up at the Columns on St. Charles by a Stifel Nicholas broker that used to dig drinking on my tab.  Talked with her maybe 3 minutes and she says, "So, you're a Texas boy, huh?"  I just nodded, still a little on the conservative side so early in the initial whathaveyou.  

She says, "Well, you must have done the Rodeo Cowboy position then?"  

I'm like, "The Rodeo Cowboy what?"

Without batting an eye she hits me - "That's where you're doin' a girl from behind and call her by your ex-girlfriend's name and then see if you can hang on for 8 seconds."

It was on like Donkey Kong from that second on.

Love them Louisiana bitches.

Ahh the good old days of Bank One wholesaling.  Back then.... strip club marketing was a requirement....

21 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Indeed it was.

Strippers, golf balls, and steaks.

Moved a shit-ton more mutual fund business than any power point presentation and/or analyst panel session during due diligence meetings.

Don't forget MFS lobsters freshly flown in, Johnnie Walker Blue, Cuban cigars, and Orlando's finest gentlemen's clubs.....

Guess that's why Kraft likes to get extra attention in Florida.....  🙉 🙈 🙊

Projecting college football's 25 best defensive players in 2019:
1 Chase Young DL Ohio State 
2 AJ Epenesa DL Iowa 
3 Grant Delpit S LSU 
4 Dylan Moses LB Alabama 
5 Derrick Brown DL Auburn

6 Caden Sterns S Texas 
7 K'Lavon Chaisson LB LSU 
8 Paddy Fisher LB Northwestern 
9 Kenny Willekes DL Michigan State 
10 Anfernee Jennings LB Alabama 
11 Jaylon Johnson CB Utah 
12 Bryce Hall CB Virginia 
13 Greg Eisworth S Iowa State 
14 Yetur Gross-Matos DL Penn State 
15 Kristian Fulton CB LSU 
16 Micah Parsons LB Penn State 
17 Alton Robinson DL Syracuse 
18 Evan Weaver LB California 
19 Terrell Lewis LB Alabama 
20 Alohi Gilman S Notre Dame 
21 Isaiah Simmons S Clemson 
22 CJ Henderson CB Florida 
23 Xavier Thomas DL Clemson 
24 Tipa Galeai DL Utah State 
25 Colin Schooler LB Arizona
LSU has 3 on the list...we just have Sterns.  Our offense is gonna have to perform for this game.
Yeah but their offense though...led by a QB who's only SEC good. I think we match up well with them.

On 5/3/2019 at 7:04 PM, Cajun said:

I left out the really good bits.

"Biology" parties at the Royal Sonesta, sucking Tootsie Rolls from shaved snappers, NOLA cop who sold my roommate blow from the trunk of his police cruiser, Baton Rouge gf who had totally natural size F sweater dogs, etc.  

I remember when I met her.  A set up at the Columns on St. Charles by a Stifel Nicholas broker that used to dig drinking on my tab.  Talked with her maybe 3 minutes and she says, "So, you're a Texas boy, huh?"  I just nodded, still a little on the conservative side so early in the initial whathaveyou.  

She says, "Well, you must have done the Rodeo Cowboy position then?"  

I'm like, "The Rodeo Cowboy what?"

Without batting an eye she hits me - "That's where you're doin' a girl from behind and call her by your ex-girlfriend's name and then see if you can hang on for 8 seconds."

It was on like Donkey Kong from that second on.

Love them Louisiana bitches.

Just had dinner at Commander's Palace last week. Great meal. Louisiana is okay by me I guess. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, texifornia said:

I'm sure, given that it's Louisiana, this is going to lead some calm takes about properly rewarding athletes for their labor and the division of the academic and athletics realms of universities.

Only after they fire the professor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Somehow missed this story...

"After LSU fans reportedly drunk Vanderbilt's stadium dry, Derek Mason says, 'No stadium should run out beer' "

Vanderbilt didn’t have enough defense to contain Joe Burrow and the LSU offense Saturday. Vanderbilt also didn’t have enough beer at their home stadium for the visiting LSU fans, as Tigers fans reportedly drank Vanderbilt Stadium dry before the end of the second quarter.

That led to an unusual circumstances for Commodores head coach Derek Mason, who had to answer questions Wednesday about the beer situation at his home stadium. Mason was pretty frank saying “This is Nashville. No stadium should run out of beer.”

Apparently beer trucks did arrive with more beverages during the second half and when that happened, the LSU fans gave a standing ovation to the delivery men.  LSU fans also drank a local Nashville bar out of vodka at 9 a.m., too. So, Tigers fans were certainly on their game early.

On a more serious note, Mason also commented again on how well Burrow played for LSU on Saturday. On Tuesday, Mason said that Burrow was the “best” quarterback he has seen since arriving in the SEC, which obviously raised eyebrows. Mason didn’t back off those comments in his Wednesday press conference, adding that Burrow was “as accurate and in command of an offense” as he’s seen since he began coaching at Vanderbilt in 2014.

He then said he thinks LSU has a chance to play in the SEC Championship Game.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/vanderbilt-football/after-lsu-fans-drunk-vanderbilts-stadium-dry-derek-mason-says-no-stadium-should-run-out-beer/

Edited by LTtxfan

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

https://247sports.com/college/usc/Article/USC-officials-werent-fans-of-Ed-Orgerons-accent-140249367/

Feldman: USC officials didn't like what Coach O "sounded like"

By AUSTIN NIVISON   4 hrs ago

“I think what you have is a guy who has continued to evolve,” Feldman said. “He made a huge jump from when he was at Ole Miss to when he was at USC. I think he’s made a significant jump after that, but I really think it’s a USC issue. You have a lot of people at USC, especially during the Pat Haden regime, who couldn’t get past what Ed Orgeron sounded like. They didn’t listen to the players. They didn’t listen to the staff. At the end of the day, Ed Oregeron is not a country club guy. I think he can relate to just about anyone. The Governor of Louisiana was waiting outside the locker room. He’s very street smart, and I think that’s one of the things that made him a very good recruiter. He can read people very well. I don’t think Pat Haden, who was the decision maker at the time, that’s just not the type of guy he wanted. I don’t think he could get past it.”

Edited by LTtxfan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Heh, that's some fairly obvious and heavy-handed FUD in play.  I especially like the completely unnecessary statements "...and others unaffiliated with the team..." as well as "Initial information suggested bills that were exchanged were novelty." 

The former is irrelevant, as the only concern is the people who ARE members of the team, but LSU is attempting to dilute, deflect, and obfuscate the true details.  And the latter is complete bullshit.

Edited by utee94

• 1 month later...

Not sure LSU offense will handle more staff changes well...

Carolina Panthers: LSU offensive analyst DJ Mangas is joining Matt Rhule’s staff as an offensive assistant, Joe Person tweets. Mangas played and later coached with Panthers offensive coordinator Joe Brady at William & Mary (FCS – VA).