Row the damn boat

JimmyHoffa

Right now, PJ is all hat and no cattle. We figured last year the team would be about a .500 club. Instead, they were 2-7 in league play, and looked woefully unprepared in all of those losses. He made Tim Brewster look like the coaching genius he so clearly wasn't. 

I'd love to be wrong, but as Jerry Reed once said, he who is expecting nothing ain't gonna be deceived...

First post in the new digs

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GopherRock said:

Right now, PJ is all hat and no cattle. We figured last year the team would be about a .500 club. Instead, they were 2-7 in league play, and looked woefully unprepared in all of those losses. He made Tim Brewster look like the coaching genius he so clearly wasn't. 

I'd love to be wrong, but as Jerry Reed once said, he who is expecting nothing ain't gonna be deceived...

First post in the new digs

Yeah, his methods can work as long as the players believe and embrace his cheese filled messages. 

This coming year is a big one for PJ and the boys. 

I am also on record saying his first wife was much more elite than his current. 

Image result for PJ Fleck tracie

Edited by JimmyHoffa

7 hours ago, Otter said:

How can this thread make it 10 posts without pics of his new wife

Ca-6g69VAAAXQD9.jpg

CXlew5BUMAAbAk2.jpg

I bet she does things.

The only problem with that is he's got to keep her from "doing things" with the tennis player down the street.  Oops, sorry Jimbo.  Too soon?

• Like 1

On March 26, 2018 at 5:49 PM, Mikegundy'sMullet said:

If Minnesota is good this year, LSU might fuck up making a run at him after Ed Orgeron is fired for coaching like everyone thought that he would. 

Fleck isn't leaving Minnesota after just two years. Nothing he's ever done or said suggests that he's just looking for the biggest payday asap. I doubt he went through all of the trouble of transferring the rights to "Row The Boat" from WMU to UM just to leave in a few years.

I think he'll be there for at least four years, probably longer, and won't leave before beating Wisconsin and winning the B1G West. That's probably not happening next year. He has a unique approach and it takes a little time to build the culture.

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Fleck isn't leaving Minnesota after just two years. Nothing he's ever done or said suggests that he's just looking for the biggest payday asap. I doubt he went through all of the trouble of transferring the rights to "Row The Boat" from WMU to UM just to leave in a few years.

I think he'll be there for at least four years, probably longer, and won't leave before beating Wisconsin and winning the B1G West. That's probably not happening next year. He has a unique approach and it takes a little time to build the culture.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Reasonable post.  I'm not sure at all. He seems like good people, but I don't know if   Minnesota has the stamina to payout repeatedly over years when multiple big time suitors come calling and decide to money-whip their hope for a next coach. 

Mike Gundy has a unique culture, too, and this is an annual fun thing that we deal with--big programs throwing insane amounts of money at him. If he weren't an a alumn, he would've bailed for Arkansas, Tennessee, Florida, Baylor, or aggy when they offered. 

Time will tell with Fleck. 

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The B1G West isn't the East but they need to get to the same level as Iowa or hell even Nebraska or Northwestern before they can start worrying about Wisconsin year in and year out. 

With Frost at Nebby, I think Minnesota will be fighting with Illinois and Purdue for 4th place in the division year in and year out with a 7-5 or maybe even an 8-4 season if the schedule gods are good to them. Winning the West? I don't see it. 

I'd love to schedule a home and home with them while Fleck is there.

-Easy road trip.  Would be hilarious/awesome to watch TCF Bank Stadium fill with 20,000 drunk Cyclone fans and Dinkytown get completely overrun.

-Battle of former MAC rising stars.  I thought Fleck would make a splash quicker than Campbell (I expected Campbell to be a slower build), and I'm quite glad to be wrong.

-Pay those fuckers back for killing Jack Trice (2009 wasn't revenge enough).