Official Surly - Texas vs Baylor Game Thread

Vertigo

welp it's just too close to call.  it's 50/50 right now that the line out west is going to drop to the south.

if it only develops 10 miles further south it will train over downtown for 30 minutes minimum, with lightning likely.

if it stays on it's current path at it's current development, nothing south of leander/georgetown.

This Florida/Vandy game needs to speed up, don't need this overlapping past 2:30.

In that game there was a scrap and the Vanderbilt coach went running all the way across the field to confront the Florida coach. They were screaming at each other and had to be restrained. That was crazy

2 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Damn it feels good to be expecting a win

expect nothing. expectations are for suckers and con artists selling snake oil. if you want something, you have to go and take it. expecting to win means that we think the other team is just going to come in and not even try. that just isnt ever going to happen, especially for Texas. this team has to go in ready to dominate the man in front of him regardless of what he wants to do. this is "take no prisoners" territory.

20 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Damn it feels good to be expecting a win

I don’t expect a win. Fuck that entitlement. I expect the team to come out motivated, disciplined, and focused on today’s game. I expect them to fight back when hit in the mouth and play to their highest potential.

If they do that, we’ll win. But they better fucking earn it every week. 

10 minutes ago, The People’s Elbow said:

I don’t expect a win. Fuck that entitlement. I expect the team to come out motivated, disciplined, and focused on today’s game. I expect them to fight back when hit in the mouth and play to their highest potential.

If they do that, we’ll win. But they better fucking earn it every week. 

the only way to win is by taking it from someone else who thinks its his.

• Like 1

expect nothing. expectations are for suckers and con artists selling snake oil. if you want something, you have to go and take it. expecting to win means that we think the other team is just going to come in and not even try. that just isnt ever going to happen, especially for Texas. this team has to go in ready to dominate the man in front of him regardless of what he wants to do. this is "take no prisoners" territory.

The old “our fans better be focused or the players will blow it” logic.

1 minute ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

The old “our fans better be focused or the players will blow it” logic.

...no, im not bill in sinton. im referring to the team. we as fans dont have any influence over the game unless you happen to be in the stadium and can add to the energy from the fans in attendance.