Comic Relief: Satirical Tweets and Memes

Hugo Stiglitz

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

If he wins in November, then it be great if you didn't give us another shit democrat candidate.

Given the choice of a Subway meatball sandwich and a turd on a bun most people would reluctantly choose to "eat fresh". Apparently Republicans can't come up with anything better than said turd and if Democrats don't come up with the best damn sandwich in the history of man they and their sympathisers would rather eat shit.

Edited by Grade of D as in David
Typo
  • Like 1

Guest Lobo

I got wholly confused.  All due respect to you USAF folks (have two relatives who are NCO)...I lost track at Chief Master Sergeant and then his shit just turned into some sort of Kushner acid trip at the Sig Ep house.  

On 5/15/2020 at 7:11 PM, EMAWesome said:

You are going to have to listen to Dan Bongino's podcast and in particular the part where he posts the the FISA surveillance law on screen.  He puts all the pieces together.  I'll give you a hint though.  Flynn was never unmasked.  There were no unmasking requests between the time the phone call was made and when the Obama administration is made aware of the call.  That is because there is one person in the country who can authorize an electronic surveillance request for a year without a FISA application.  That person is the President of the United States and can only be done if the Attorney General signs off that there is not a substantial chance of an American's communication being caught up in it.  I know the question you are going to ask and Bondino answers it.  The request wasn't to survey Flynn it was to survey the Russian ambassador.  However Flynn was in the Domincian Republic at the time of the call and they knew it.   If they went through the records all they had to do was look for a call to the Dominican Republic from the Russian ambassador.  Who else would he be calling in the Dominican Republic?

I'm going to shoot straight with you.  There's no way I'm seeking out and listening to some blowhard NRA TV/Fox News charlatan's podcast and giving him any views or my time.  You can tell me in your own words if you'd like, but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume like birtherism and Lock Her Up, it's round III of people like you swallowing and repeating nonsense from Trump's reoccurring election year media tour of bullshit and gaslighting. 

• Like 5

It's certainly his right to do so, but Emaw definitely holds the record for the most asinine & boring crap posted in this thread.  We assume you have Cheeto dust on your lips?

He’s absolutely worthless. Best just to scroll by.
  • Like 2

If Rick Bright is a "whistleblower", how come everyone can see pictures of his face plastered everywhere and no one gets kicked off of twitter, youtube or facebook for saying his name?
spacer.png

The Washington Post on MSN.com · 1h

spacer.png

Coronavirus whistleblower Rick Bright testifies
CNN · 6h

spacer.png

Ousted HHS official Rick Bright says US must 'unleash' the voices of …
USA Today · 2h

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

If Rick Bright is a "whistleblower", how come everyone can see pictures of his face plastered everywhere and no one gets kicked off of twitter, youtube or facebook for saying his name?
spacer.png

The Washington Post on MSN.com · 1h

spacer.png

Coronavirus whistleblower Rick Bright testifies
CNN · 6h

spacer.png

Ousted HHS official Rick Bright says US must 'unleash' the voices of …
USA Today · 2h

Have you considered that he "outed" himself?

Guest Lobo

to be fair, DDT is nowhere near as harmful as Carson made it out to be.  You shouldn't spray kids with it on their person, but plenty of solid science that said that a continued and responsible use of the chemical would have curbed mosquitoes and would have saved vastly more children from dying of malaria than it would have harmed.  Same reasoning used for picking up all the land mines in parts of Africa.  Sure, some kids stepped on them and died, but once they were all dug up, militias and genocide gangs roamed free in some cases and laid waste to entire tribes and ethnicities over the course of the 1990's/2000's.  White women from the West should sometimes chill the fuck out and let scientists, not social do-gooders, make plans for Africa/Asia.  

Having said that, yes...Eagles are dying because the seaweed they consume is not fair trade and possibly laced with Chinese lead. 

15 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Same reasoning used for picking up all the land mines in parts of Africa.  Sure, some kids stepped on them and died, but once they were all dug up, militias and genocide gangs roamed free in some cases and laid waste to entire tribes and ethnicities over the course of the 1990's/2000's.  White women from the West should sometimes chill the fuck out and let scientists, not social do-gooders, make plans for Africa/Asia.  

What? This was a thing?

Guest Lobo

You really don't remember the big campaign in the 90's/00's to get rid of all the landmines in Africa.  Yes, they were all dangerous and many hurt innocent people but many villages/tribes  (NOT ALL, NOT MOST, but many) opted to keep theirs on the outskirts of town for protection from invading militias because the villagers knew where they were and navigated around them or would flag them so they could peacefully wander/hunt/travel.  But when word of trouble from neighboring areas came, they'd remove the markings.  Anyway, it wasn't anywhere near as big as malaria obviously but it did save a few tribes from getting out and out slaughtered because the invaders would get a dozen guys blowed up and just kinda think "yeah, not worth it).  Anyway, it's a small story but the huge story was Western White Women with savior complexes decided all landmines should be lifted out and then you get fun shit like Darfur (not directly, but the removal of mines didn't help.)))

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

You really don't remember the big campaign in the 90's/00's to get rid of all the landmines in Africa.  Yes, they were all dangerous and many hurt innocent people but many villages/tribes  (NOT ALL, NOT MOST, but many) opted to keep theirs on the outskirts of town for protection from invading militias because the villagers knew where they were and navigated around them or would flag them so they could peacefully wander/hunt/travel.  But when word of trouble from neighboring areas came, they'd remove the markings.  Anyway, it wasn't anywhere near as big as malaria obviously but it did save a few tribes from getting out and out slaughtered because the invaders would get a dozen guys blowed up and just kinda think "yeah, not worth it).  Anyway, it's a small story but the huge story was Western White Women with savior complexes decided all landmines should be lifted out and then you get fun shit like Darfur (not directly, but the removal of mines didn't help.)))

Do you have any evidence of this? I have never heard of any village / area opting to keep land mines, and didn't see anything searching on a few different engines. I am certainly not a mine expert (cue pawn shop meme) but this seems like an odd way to say "hey, mines are sometimes ok".

Blaming this on "white women in America" likewise seems pretty misplaced. Even regarding DDT, Carson / Silent Spring did not call for banning of DDT, and she is not to blame for malaria. She advocated the use of pesticide where the people affected were informed / gave consent and impact to environment was considered.I get your political leanings and how that may lead to disdain for emotion over facts but that doesn't mean you need to have your facts correct.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

to be fair, DDT is nowhere near as harmful as Carson made it out to be.  You shouldn't spray kids with it on their person, but plenty of solid science that said that a continued and responsible use of the chemical would have curbed mosquitoes and would have saved vastly more children from dying of malaria than it would have harmed.  Same reasoning used for picking up all the land mines in parts of Africa.  Sure, some kids stepped on them and died, but once they were all dug up, militias and genocide gangs roamed free in some cases and laid waste to entire tribes and ethnicities over the course of the 1990's/2000's.  White women from the West should sometimes chill the fuck out and let scientists, not social do-gooders, make plans for Africa/Asia.  

Having said that, yes...Eagles are dying because the seaweed they consume is not fair trade and possibly laced with Chinese lead. 

Always loved this James McMurtry verse from "12 o' clock Whistle"

the boys were chasing the city truck
spraying DDT
it kept the mosquitoes down
"that stuff won't hurt 'em none"
I heard the neighbor lady say
"encephalitis, now that can ruin your day"

• Like 2

On 5/17/2020 at 7:26 PM, ROFL BOX said:

It's certainly his right to do so, but Emaw definitely holds the record for the most asinine & boring crap posted in this thread.  We assume you have Cheeto dust on your lips?

Actually, I negged almost every post of his on this page.  Why?

Because none of them are funny and they are just a cover for his weirdo views.   He's very stupid.  At least he confines himself to this page rather than trying to engage in a discussion where he can't hold up his end of the conversation.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to find his Bongino post and neg that.  

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

On 5/18/2020 at 10:34 PM, EMAWesome said:

spacer.png

Dude, asbestos was an accepted material choice at one time.  

What Is Regulatory Capture?

Regulatory capture is an economic theory that says regulatory agencies may come to be dominated by the industries or interests they are charged with regulating. The result is that an agency, charged with acting in the public interest, instead acts in ways that benefit the industry it is supposed to be regulating.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

I'm 27, I had no idea that even was an issue. Yeah, it'd be smarter to have them in.

23 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I'm 27, I had no idea that even was an issue. Yeah, it'd be smarter to have them in.

I am going to call BS on that, at least on a general rule. There are not enough resources paid to mine removal and it causes loss of use of land, loss of life and limb, and long-term environmental effects. They are expensive and dangerous to remove, so it is not usually done, but status quo is also not great.

And maybe I'm wrong - maybe existing mines really are a deterrent from an invasion. How many lives were lost due to malnutrition, lack of money for school so having to work in dangerous conditions, etc. Again, not trying to force a policy anywhere but an attempt to be made to look at full picture.

Going back to the DDT example, if a village does not want land mines removed, take that into account. Skip to the next village. For DDT - inform locals, make attempt to shield them / their food supply from effects, and I (and Carson) doesn't have objection.