Comic Relief: Satirical Tweets and Memes

Hugo Stiglitz

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/1/2021 at 7:42 PM, UpperWestside said:

Laughter can at times be a sign of how someone reacts when they feel nervous. This seems to be an internal mechanism that Vice-President Harris has for that. I can relate to it because there are times in my life where I have laughed when I was nervous as well as in some other situations where it seemed like the laughter came out almost as an instant reaction that was involuntary. Some of her laughter seems to be involuntary. I believe we have some people who are therapists and psychiatrists who can explain this more in-depth.

I’m not real sure why her laughing seems to be a way used to make fun of her though. If there are some actual policy positions she holds that deserve ridicule or scorn let’s hear them. 

That’s a bit rich. Kamala has history of coming off as flippant or dismissive on issues she hasn’t done her homework on.  She gets caught off guard and defaults to the laugh.  It’s a defensive reflex for sure and she often comes across as unserious when she shouldn’t. 

Yeah, I like that guy at the protest.  

Also, I went to Panera the other day and asked for the "Big Bag of Soup" but all they had was clam chowder.  

What I wouldn't give to have been at just one closed-door Trump briefing.  30 minutes of walking him through every threat posture at every protest around the nation, possible outcomes, and possible action items.....and the guy just stares off into space and says, "So they're using cans of soup?  Damn savages"  And the staffers just look at one another, "That's his takeaway?  The soup thing?"  

Edited by Lobo

34 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

How sad does your life have to be to write an OpEd that one of your favorite things in the world, puns on a child's ride, can no longer be enjoyed because now all you can think about is the racist Native American character that is missing. This shit is bleak:

Disney is in the process of taking the woke scalpel to the Jungle Cruise. Trader Sam is out because he might offend certain people. Every grown-up in the room realizes that Trader Sam is not a representation of reality and is meant as a funny and silly caricature. It is no more based in racism than every Disney caricature of an out-of-touch white American dad.

The next time I ride Jungle Cruise I will not be thinking about the gloriously entertaining puns of the skippers, I will be thinking about Disney’s political agenda. That’s a mood killer.

Poor bastard. I know there is a thread on the site about Disney World, I haven't read it so I don't know the vibe. No offense to anyone but grown adults who make Disney a huge part of their identity are weird as shit to me.

My daughter is just getting old enough where she would enjoy a theme park and I'm dreading it. I'll value seeing her face light up and her excitement whenever we go but as soon as she grows into being old enough to enjoy real travel we are never going back. I can't imagine an annual trip with teenagers to Disney World or thinking that trip was actually about me and not my kid. 

• Like 1