Comic Relief: Satirical Tweets and Memes

Hugo Stiglitz

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

GRHorn----------We all laughed heartily at the Smollett debacle, what a fucking disgrace that move by him was.  The Bubba Wallace thing wasn't out of the realm of possibility when it occurred given the shitmounds of humanity that inhabit NASCAR, but yeah---it was blown way outta proportion by both sides (I agree with you there).  

But please tell me you understand the difference between two trivial incidents that happened 1-2 years ago.  And an insurrectional assault on our seat of government where armed people were just a few feet and a few minutes away from executing public officials that just happened 1-2 months ago.  If you can't see the difference, you shouldn't be a parent. 

My daughter stages an attack on herself to get attention.  She deserves the ridicule and punishment.  My daughter overreacts to something that based on historical norms, could have appeared threatening to her.  We're gonna have a long talk about expectations, situational awareness, and individual responsibility of not casting accusations before all the facts are in.  But somebody invades my daughter's place of work and threatens online to kill her?  I'm going to patiently wait for those people to be arrested and sentenced to prison.  I am then going to fill the canteen accounts of the prisoners in their cell blocks with as much money as I can before it sets off a peer-to-peer limit alert in exchange for them beating the people that scared my daughter.  They will beat those people within an inch of their lives.  And after they get back from the prison hospital, they'll do it all over again.  Because there's a difference in threatening to kill somebody and just clamoring for attention.  Within a few months, you'll start to hear the cries for attention from some of these people as the bars clank on them in federal prison and the world makes it know who they are what racial supremacy they stand for.  And they become open targets every single day.  And no white supremacy group is going to be able to protect them inside, because those guys aren't in federal prison, they're in state prisons.  Money talks in there and they're going to be made examples of.  I fully predict, due to their stupidity, heightened profiles, targets on their back, and lack of self-defense prowess...no less than a half dozen Trumper Capitol Attackers die in federal custody before the decade is out.  And I am going to laugh and laugh and laugh.  

Problem -- GR is actually okay with stacks of open threats to kill AOC, including threats by people who entered her place of work, while she was performing a Constitutional function, actually seeking her out for that purpose.  It is a GOOD thing to him.  It makes him smile.  That's the kind of creature you're dealing with.  Make light of people seeking to kill those they disagree with -- that's the kind  of people we share this country with.

Tomorrow morning, I am drafting a letter with counsel to my bank's regulator---the Office of the Comptroller of Currency.  They handle 50-state chartered banks that can reach across state lines and thus require federal regulation.  In that letter, we will notify them proactively that due to the federal threat to our government (including elected officials and regulatory bodies), our federally chartered bank does not wish to be involved in any manner of banking people or businesses who may hold views that could include violence or insurgency against the U.S. Government.  As such, not on written forms, but we will be adding a "know your customer" series of questions to the oral portion of our onboarding for account openings, loans, and other platforms that include asking about supporting the insurrection of our government, discounting the validity of the 2020 general POTUS elections, and operating in the Qanon space.  If the customer/client answers in the affirmative to any of those questions (we're still working on the language), we will not bank them in any form or fashion for they are a threat to the federal banking system and the OCC, of which we are a proud part.  The person or business can't claim discrimination since those factions aren't a protected class.  It's a small move, but a move in the right direction.  Chase Bank is currently working up something similar (obviously they're much larger).  Soon, other federal banks will follow as this is an affront to federal officials.  

These people, their children, and their grandchildren won't be able to get a competitive home mortgage or student loan because of what they believe.  One way or the other, you fucking people are gonna fucking learn.  

On 2/5/2021 at 5:54 PM, immortal13 said:

Screenshot_20210205-184709_Chrome.jpg

I’ve seen this one on fb too so I guess it’s making the rounds but I don’t get it. 

Is it claiming that she wasn’t in the building that was attacked and overrun by thousands of people that hate her, some of whom had guns and some of whom openly talked about killing her?

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I like how GRHorn is doing a bit now.

I like how he compares her to Joss Whedon, who is pretty much finished with the big studios.  Warner Brothers and he parted ways a few months ago on The Nevers, that he created, executive produced, and was basically the showrunner for.

And that was before a bunch of the Buffy people came out accusing him last week.

11 minutes ago, brakeman said:

image.thumb.png.12ff37771f6ed27cc558200f49dba985.png

This isn't real, is it?  Surely, it's a photoshop?  Admittedly I've been avoiding watching the news this week and only reading the highlights. 

He's always been a disgusting human, but in recent years it's like a game to him.  "How disgusting can I possibly get?  How few times have I showered this month?  Has my wife even looked at me today?  Is this beard going to dye itself the color of death and puke?"

Edited by Tom
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

This isn't real, is it?  Surely, it's a photoshop?  Admittedly I've been avoiding watching the news this week and only reading the highlights. 

He's always been a disgusting human, but in recent years it's like a game to him.  "How disgusting can I possibly get?  How few times have I showered this month?  Has my wife even looked at me today?  Is this beard going to dye itself the color of death and puke?"

Real and spectacular

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

So should we start posting old Achewood and Perry Bible Fellowship comics?

I was snowed in and drinking all day.  I'm a lightweight now so it didn't take much.  But thanks for that, I googled 'em and they're pretty funny.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/12/2021 at 5:53 PM, Tom said:

One of them kinky motherfuckers in that set made him he had to get the Vakko hairdo from Riddick to prove his loyalty. Lindsay can talk him through it. 

movie: the chronicles of riddick | Tumblr

On 2/7/2021 at 1:28 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

I’ve seen this one on fb too so I guess it’s making the rounds but I don’t get it. 

Is it claiming that she wasn’t in the building that was attacked and overrun by thousands of people that hate her, some of whom had guns and some of whom openly talked about killing her?

How do we know she even exists?

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

So should we start posting old Achewood and Perry Bible Fellowship comics?

8 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

I was snowed in and drinking all day.  I'm a lightweight now so it didn't take much.  But thanks for that, I googled 'em and they're pretty funny.  

8 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

AHB - excellent suggestion. Thank you - it brought up an artist I followed early on who did well. Awesome.

I go back to Redmeat, Achewood, and PBF every few years, would catch up with them, and apparently it was a while since I looked at Achewood - did not realize it ended in December of 2016.

Toss http://wondermark.com into the mix.

2019-12-19-1504gasoline.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2