0-5 Nebraska @ 2-3 Northwestern

mdmost

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

I actually think Frost will turn out to be a good hire, but it's always fun to laugh at the Huskers.

I like Frost, but I don't think he or anyone else will turn out to be a "good hire" for Nebraska. The fan base wants a level of national relevance its going to be very hard to sustain at Lincoln anymore.

Yea, I think it's going to be difficult for Frost to meet his fanbase's expectations.  I think he will get them to a measure of competitiveness but their new paradigm won't allow them back into the blue bloods of college football.  If he does, hat's off to him, but I think 10-3 is an excellent year for the Corn with 8-5ish type season being Frost's norm.... if he stays.

6 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

I like Frost, but I don't think he or anyone else will turn out to be a "good hire" for Nebraska. The fan base wants a level of national relevance its going to be very hard to sustain at Lincoln anymore.

I think they believe they should be at least as good as Wisconsin year in and year out. I agree with that. They should be better than Wisconsin year in and year out.

They should expect to compete for the B1G West every year and sometimes win a conference championship. I think Frost gives them the best chance to get there. We'll see what happens but there wasn't a more perfect hire at the time. If he can recruit, he'll win. 

They need to learn how to win. Crazy as that sounds we did too. Losing is a disease that can take over a team. It's all the old coaches speak shit- "doing the little things", etc. 

Frost has some guys that don't want to put in the work and are OK with losing. No, they don't want to lose but they don't do the little things needed to get the W in games like that.