For all of yall complaining about the LHN:

GreenspointTexas

20 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Such a terrible broadcast. The insane amount of commercials. Suck ass yuk monkey announcers. Constant studio updates. Give me Fox any day over fucking ESPN.. 

Fox is absolute trash at broadcasts. All the replays that they do that super zoom on the ball carrier so that you can't see anything else on the field drive me insane. It's completely built to attract people that know nothing about sports. Tons of commercial breaks as well. 

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Fox is absolute trash at broadcasts. All the replays that they do that super zoom on the ball carrier so that you can't see anything else on the field drive me insane. It's completely built to attract people that know nothing about sports. Tons of commercial breaks as well. 

I never said Fox was great quality. I just said give me them over ESPN. Fuck their shit ass broadcasts. 

Except for 4 minutes, Baylor outplayed Texas all game.  It's basically a fluke that Brewer, whose whole family, including his dad, who was a quarterback at Texas, was watching, didn't win the the game with the most potent passing attack in all of college football since the greatest USC team of all time.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Could XII schools be looking into getting a conference mobile app..?

The Big 12 Network Cometh ? Sorta?

There's an evolution coming of sorts it seems for how the Big 12 pushes its content.or maybe atleast trying to create the perception of a network

Last August The Big 12 announced Mobile App which I think by an large went unnoticed  The trademarks around the service were finally approved in January and I suspect we'll be hearding about this when the spring meetings come to pays

https://www.patreon.com/posts/big-12-network-24716657

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I don't like the name of our conference. I never liked hanging on to the derivative Big and now the number is absurd. 

I would like the idea (depending on configuration), in a PAC-XII merger, to rename as SouthWest Conference...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Could XII schools be looking into getting a conference mobile app..?

(Expanded kopp0e's post & article)

"There's an evolution coming of sorts it seems for how the Big 12 pushes its content.or maybe at least trying to create the perception of a network

Last August The Big 12 announced Mobile Appwhich I think by an large went unnoticed  The trademarks around the service were finally approved in January and I suspect we'll be hearding about this when the spring meetings come to pays"

Unlimted and Unsurpassed 

IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Downloadable wallpaper graphics for mobile phones and computers; downloadable television programs featuring sports events, news and entertainment in the nature of collegiate athletic and sporting events distributed via the internet and wireless communications; downloadable audio and video recordings featuring sports events, news and entertainment in the nature of collegiate athletic and sporting events; pre-recorded video tapes, video cassettes, and dvds featuring sports events, news and entertainment in the nature of collegiate athletic and sporting events; downloadable application software for accessing current news and original video programming relating to sporting events, game highlights and live scores, statistics and standings for mobile phones and mobile devices 

IC 035. US 100 101 102. G & S: Association services, namely, supporting and promoting the interests of colleges participating in intercollegiate athletic programs; promoting the standards of scholarship, sportsmanship and equity interests of colleges; promoting the goods and services of others by arranging for sponsors to affiliate their goods and services with college athletic competitions and contests; promoting athletic contests and competitions; association services; namely, promoting the interests of colleges participating in various sports attractions

IC 038. US 100 101 104. G & S: Television broadcasting; broadcasting in the form of transmitting live or taped sporting and scholastic events and transmitting news, scores and information featuring sporting and scholastic events via the global computer network, telephone networks and communication networks

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, presenting and organizing athletic competitions and contests; online computer services, namely, providing news, scores and information featuring sporting events via the global computer network; television show production; ongoing television programs in the fields of athletic competitions and contests and scholarship, sportsmanship and collegiate activities; television news shows; online computer services, namely, providing news, scores and information featuring sporting and scholastic events via the global computer network, telephone networks and communication networks

"All of the above sounds like a network to me. The Big 12 will be only Power 5 league without a traditional network once the ACC network officially launches this summer.   I think the Big 12 is breaking with the traditional model here. If this app is going to show live sports and new productions its going to have to be a pay service."

Edited by LTtxfan

(Expanded kopp0e's post & article)
"There's an evolution coming of sorts it seems for how the Big 12 pushes its content.or maybe at least trying to create the perception of a network
Last August The Big 12 announced Mobile Appwhich I think by an large went unnoticed  The trademarks around the service were finally approved in January and I suspect we'll be hearding about this when the spring meetings come to pays"

Unlimted and Unsurpassed 
  IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Downloadable wallpaper graphics for mobile phones and computers; downloadable television programs featuring sports events, news and entertainment in the nature of collegiate athletic and sporting events distributed via the internet and wireless communications; downloadable audio and video recordings featuring sports events, news and entertainment in the nature of collegiate athletic and sporting events; pre-recorded video tapes, video cassettes, and dvds featuring sports events, news and entertainment in the nature of collegiate athletic and sporting events; downloadable application software for accessing current news and original video programming relating to sporting events, game highlights and live scores, statistics and standings for mobile phones and mobile devices 
IC 035. US 100 101 102. G & S: Association services, namely, supporting and promoting the interests of colleges participating in intercollegiate athletic programs; promoting the standards of scholarship, sportsmanship and equity interests of colleges; promoting the goods and services of others by arranging for sponsors to affiliate their goods and services with college athletic competitions and contests; promoting athletic contests and competitions; association services; namely, promoting the interests of colleges participating in various sports attractions
IC 038. US 100 101 104. G & S: Television broadcasting; broadcasting in the form of transmitting live or taped sporting and scholastic events and transmitting news, scores and information featuring sporting and scholastic events via the global computer network, telephone networks and communication networks
IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, presenting and organizing athletic competitions and contests; online computer services, namely, providing news, scores and information featuring sporting events via the global computer network; television show production; ongoing television programs in the fields of athletic competitions and contests and scholarship, sportsmanship and collegiate activities; television news shows; online computer services, namely, providing news, scores and information featuring sporting and scholastic events via the global computer network, telephone networks and communication networks

"All of the above sounds like a network to me. The Big 12 will be only Power 5 league without a traditional network once the ACC network officially launches this summer.   I think the Big 12 is breaking with the traditional model here. If this app is going to show live sports and new productions its going to have to be a pay service."
So they gonna pay me to watch it?

Maybe this was discussed on another thread, but since this one was bumped I thought this should be included

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2019/01/29/texas-texas-tech-surpass-20-million-media-rights-revenue-documents-show

Tech reported $21.1 million in media rights, while Texas earned $20.7 million.

That shouldn’t happen, right?

34 minutes ago, Rusty Shackelford said:

Maybe this was discussed on another thread, but since this one was bumped I thought this should be included

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2019/01/29/texas-texas-tech-surpass-20-million-media-rights-revenue-documents-show

Tech reported $21.1 million in media rights, while Texas earned $20.7 million.

That shouldn’t happen, right?

According to the article the overage was due to Basketball.  Tech earned over $5M from hoops.  Perhaps the contract we have in B12 is the more appearances you make on TV, the more you earn?  We suck and Tech has been a top 10-15 the all year (and for a few years actually).  Without rehashing old stories, isnt that a roundabout reason Neb left?  We got good/great in FB about the time they sucked and were on TV all the time, and thus earned a shit load more than everyone else.   I have no problem with Tech out earning us if its b/c their BB team is much better.  Shows we need Shaka to step up.

On 2/16/2019 at 9:58 AM, RomaVicta said:

I'm more of an irony guy. The A&M means nothing in Texas A&M. The 12 means nothing in Big 12, yet A&M is the one who left the conference. They're actually a perfect fit.

So, a&m updates/changes the name of their university by retaining the "a", the "&" and the "m", yet telling us those characters no longer stand for anything, but not dropping them from their name.  Oh, I see, they can't drop those characters without becoming "TEXAS".   They have kind of "aggyed" their name up.  Whoop-de-do.

Anent conference names... XII is pronounced "zee" - not enough syllables for a decent chant or song. "Big Zee" cants okay, but is too inviting of a "RO", and not a boat in sight.

No, I thought of "Heartland" or "Fly-Over", but there are problems there, as well. 

The bestest name of all would "TATO Conference". "TATO" is much stronger than "S-E-C", and more meaningful: "Texas And Them Others" sums it up perfectly.

19 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Anent conference names... XII is pronounced "zee" - not enough syllables for a decent chant or song. "Big Zee" cants okay, but is too inviting of a "RO", and not a boat in sight.

No, I thought of "Heartland" or "Fly-Over", but there are problems there, as well. 

The bestest name of all would "TATO Conference". "TATO" is much stronger than "S-E-C", and more meaningful: "Texas And Them Others" sums it up perfectly.

There is already a D2 Heartland Conference. St. Ed’s is a member in good standing.

ESPN would approve of Fly-Over Conference, though, seeing as how Bristol, CT is such a wonderful town.  

Edited by ImissWallyPryor