For all of yall complaining about the LHN:

GreenspointTexas

I guess this is where I can bitch about something on the LHN (yes, I get it, other schools would kill for such a channel, yada yada yada).

Watching Texas-Oklahoma 1980 matchup, and as a semi old timer who remembers the game well, I was really looking forward to watching the story of the game, how Donnie Little took over the fourth quarter with a series of QB draws the moronic Sooners failed to figure out were coming, play after play.

But the brilliant fucks who decide what to show edited out practically  the entire penultimate drive that sealed the game, including Donnie dominating (they left in the.FG), instead leaving in the sloppy final drive with timeouts and penalties.

Now get off my lawn!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Watching Texas-Oklahoma 1980 matchup, and as a semi old timer who remembers the game well, 

If you remember a football game well from 1980 you are a straight up old timer.

Edited by F250
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens with LHN in the next few years. My hope is CDC shakes a few things up and makes the channel more viewable and use it more to our advantage. 

I’m not sure he has the power to do much.  It’s ESPN’s network.  I am sure the University has some say on general things, but it’s the folks in Bristol who have the real say on how the channel is structured and what it shows.  

The University is closer to licensor than an owner.  

2 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I’m not sure he has the power to do much.  It’s ESPN’s network.  I am sure the University has some say on general things, but it’s the folks in Bristol who have the real say on how the channel is structured and what it shows.  

The University is closer to licensor than an owner.  

Yeah I said CDC but you're right, he may not have say in the matter. Just wish someone on UT side would do something.

When other elite programs' pro days are being broadcasted on ESPN live and we can't even get an edited 1 hour special on our own fucking channel, something's fucked about that. 

LHN is fine.  Could be better if we’d tell the ncaa to get fucked and televise high school games.  

I watch probably 40 hours of programming a year on it.  So out of my 600 whatever channels it’s up there as one of my most watched.  

It’s not designed to be a channel you watch all fucking day long.  

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, F250 said:

If you remember a football game well from 1980 you are a straight up old timer.

Funny, I don't feel like an old timer.

But, about the game.  I watched this last night also, and had forgotten about this play, but LES KOENIG WAS ROBBED!!!  Didn't matter ultimately, because we still won, but the final score should have been 24-13, not 20-13.

58 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

LHN is fine.  Could be better if we’d tell the ncaa to get fucked and televise high school games.  

I watch probably 40 hours of programming a year on it.  So out of my 600 whatever channels it’s up there as one of my most watched.  

It’s not designed to be a channel you watch all fucking day long.  

But... All The Livelong Day...

45 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

Funny, I don't feel like an old timer.

But, about the game.  I watched this last night also, and had forgotten about this play, but LES KOENIG WAS ROBBED!!!  Didn't matter ultimately, because we still won, but the final score should have been 24-13, not 20-13.

And the only way we even saw that play last night was because the original broadcast aired a replay. LHN cut out that entire drive except for the field goal. 

When I watch, I see the same Longhorn Extra commercial with Collin Johnson in every break. Has that episode not even aired yet? It’s been months.

LHN isn't all that bad, but it could be a hell of a lot better. 

My initial expectations when we first started looking into it seriously - well, hopes, really - were that we would have a full-on network with everything on it, not just a sports channel seen only on the obviously moribund "cable" distribution. 

I'm not sure that we couldn't do it now, as long as the new UT Network doesn't cover NC2A sports. Anyone have any insight on that?

• 5 months later...

Fyi....  Tough sports and LHN TV News....

PlayStation Vue Shutting Down Streaming TV Service Jan 30th, 2020

Had only 500k subscribers but was a great way to get LHN for streamers..... 😠

Guess the following streaming sports options left, but not sure of LHN availability??

DirectTV Now      2.5mill subscribers

SlingTV                 2.5mill

YouTubeTV          1.5mill

(Hope ESPN+ starts showing LHN???)

43 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Guess the following streaming sports options left, but not sure of LHN availability??

Besides PlayStation Vue, what other streaming options are folks using for LHN that they recommend ?? 

Edited by LTtxfan

43 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Damn

2 hours ago, AnTiM said:

I love it when the guy says "Due to time restraints, we move ahead to further action", then they go straight to a commercial or three.

They still use Jane Slater for this sometimes, and she left three years ago.

I’m using HuluLive as my carrier now, and have to watch LHN thru the ESPN app, so no DVR, just live streaming. What has pissed me off the most lately is returning from the LaTech and Kansas games, wanting to watch the postgame show (I seem to recall they used to replay it immediately after it aired live), only to have them re-air the pregame show. Who in the hell ever wants to rewatch a pregame show? I’m a former TV guy, I get it, you worked hard on a two-hour show and hate that it’s one and done, but that’s the way it is. 

Like Timmy told George when he double dipped, take one dip, and be done with it.

14 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I’m using HuluLive as my carrier now, and have to watch LHN thru the ESPN app, so no DVR, just live streaming. What has pissed me off the most lately is returning from the LaTech and Kansas games, wanting to watch the postgame show (I seem to recall they used to replay it immediately after it aired live), only to have them re-air the pregame show. Who in the hell ever wants to rewatch a pregame show? I’m a former TV guy, I get it, you worked hard on a two-hour show and hate that it’s one and done, but that’s the way it is.  Like Timmy told George when he double dipped, take one dip, and be done with it.

Forgot about HuluLive subscription and then just using ESPN App to watch LHN games.... THX @Vito Andolini

So with PlayStation Vue shutting down their streaming services on Jan 30th, anybody know if LHN is somehow available thru DirectTVNow,  SlingTV, or  YouTubeTV ??  

(Maybe if ya have their subscription you can watch LHN games thru the ESPN App??)

Edited by LTtxfan

14 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

LT, I haven’t tried using the Hulu subscription to try and access LHN thru the ESPN app, as I still have a family member login with ESPN on traditional cable. Not sure if the Hulu would work, but doubtful since LHN isn’t included with HuluLive. 

Oh... thanks for clarification!!

55 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

They still use Jane Slater for this sometimes, and she left three years ago.

I’m using HuluLive as my carrier now, and have to watch LHN thru the ESPN app, so no DVR, just live streaming. What has pissed me off the most lately is returning from the LaTech and Kansas games, wanting to watch the postgame show (I seem to recall they used to replay it immediately after it aired live), only to have them re-air the pregame show. Who in the hell ever wants to rewatch a pregame show? I’m a former TV guy, I get it, you worked hard on a two-hour show and hate that it’s one and done, but that’s the way it is. 

Like Timmy told George when he double dipped, take one dip, and be done with it.

Thanks for the tip. I have Hulu Live TV, and I have been signing up for the free trial on Playstation Vue whenever I want to watch LHN. I assumed the ESPN app would only work for LHN if it was offered by your provider. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

13 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Thanks for the tip. I have Hulu Live TV, and I have been signing up for the free trial on Playstation Vue whenever I want to watch LHN. I assumed the ESPN app would only work for LHN if it was offered by your provider. 

IMWP, as I later noted to LT, I’m not sure your Hulu login will work for the ESPN app, I’ve had a preexisting login associated with a traditional cable account from a family member I started using years ago when the LHN first started, and wasn’t available on DirecTV (which I’ve since dropped). I’ve never tried logging in with the Hulu account. Sorry if I got your hopes up, and also Bob Cole.

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Yes

wait no

I dunno

Thanks....

Wait....

Nevermind... 😀

Repost:   So assuming you have ESPN access with your TV streaming service (DirectTVNow, SlingTV, YouTubeTVdoes anyone know if the ESPN App sign-in is  also available to watch LHN games ??

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

So assuming you have ESPN access with your TV streaming service (DirectTVNow, SlingTV, YouTubeTVdoes anyone know if the ESPN App sign-in is  also available to watch LHN games ??

I've had YoutubeTV for a long time now and my credentials don't work in the ESPN app for LHN.  I only can watch the networks YTTV has, which is every ESPN network other than LHN.

There is hope on the horizon though.  A new streaming provider looks like it's going to have LHN at launch.  Vidgo.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/vidgo-a-new-live-tv-service-for-cord-cutters-is-coming-soon-here-are-our-first-impressions-after-testing-it-out/

They only have a limited plan at $15 right now without sports channels but the full launch should be arriving prior to Playstation Vue's sunset.  The screenshots at the link above show LHN in the guide.

• Like 1

So assuming you have ESPN access with your TV streaming service (DirectTVNow, SlingTV, YouTubeTV) does anyone know if the ESPN App sign-in is  also available to watch LHN games ??

Direct TV now has LHN on the service.

Sling and YouTube tv do not.

If it's not on your streaming service, logging on and streaming on the ESPN app will not work.

This is the first year I've had no cable during the season, I researched and tested all of these options.

Thanks....
Wait....
Nevermind...

Repost:   So assuming you have ESPN access with your TV streaming service (DirectTVNow, SlingTV, YouTubeTV) does anyone know if the ESPN App sign-in is  also available to watch LHN games ??

Sling and Psvue (which i use) are the only ones im aware of that have LHN.

Having said that, rumors are Sony is losing shitloads on Psvue and wants to sell it to one of the streaming/live tv services. Coincidence? I think not..

Thanks....
Wait....
Nevermind...

Repost:   So assuming you have ESPN access with your TV streaming service (DirectTVNow, SlingTV, YouTubeTV) does anyone know if the ESPN App sign-in is  also available to watch LHN games ??

Having said that, rumors are Sony is losing shitloads on Psvue and wants to sell it to one of the streaming/live tv services. Coincidence? I think not..

Thanks....
Wait....
Nevermind...

Thanks....
Wait....
Nevermind...

This is why I haven't cut the cord yet..  I have verizon fios, and the ultimate package comes with LHN (only SD unfortunately). However I'm able to use my ESPN access (or it could be ESPN plus since I subscribe to that too) to stream LHN in HD on my PS4.  I'm still waiting for a service to have LHN, all sports packages and a decent channel lineup so I can cut the cord too. Seemed like I was going to get a la carte to death if I cut it

This is why I haven't cut the cord yet..  I have verizon fios, and the ultimate package comes with LHN (only SD unfortunately). However I'm able to use my ESPN access (or it could be ESPN plus since I subscribe to that too) to stream LHN in HD on my PS4.  I'm still waiting for a service to have LHN, all sports packages and a decent channel lineup so I can cut the cord too. Seemed like I was going to get a la carte to death if I cut it
Pretty much this.

I pay 130 a month for dtv and get all the channels except the 500s which are movie channels. I will cut it when it becomes simple and saves me money.
  • Like 2

Pretty much this.

I pay 130 a month for dtv and get all the channels except the 500s which are movie channels. I will cut it when it becomes simple and saves me money.