Gym Pet Peeves

Ldogg53

2 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

I hate it when you walk a track that has certain directions depending on the day of the week (clockwise on Monday, Wednesday, Friday...counterclockwise on all other days) and a handful of people completely ignore it. Mainly the elderly. 

Stupid question amnesty request:  Why would the direction on a track change based on the day of the week?  Why not have the direction stay constant?  [Disclosure: I'm not one of the elderly.]

4 hours ago, South Austin said:

Regarding video, I've never had that request, but a couple weeks ago a woman walked up to me in the middle of a workout and asked me to take photographs of her from the front, sides and back.  I'm sure it was part of before/after photos to track her progress, but my personality type thinks its odd to ask a random stranger to take pictures of you in the middle of a gym. 

Was she hot?

37 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Some lady's emotional support dog took a shit on the gym floor the other day.

A guy at my lifetime had a Belgian that was a support animal.  It was so badass and well trained.   I can't understand why anyone would need one at the gym other than maybe seizures or severe PTSD.  Dude was pretty damn ripped and in shape.  

4 hours ago, South Austin said:

Regarding video, I've never had that request, but a couple weeks ago a woman walked up to me in the middle of a workout and asked me to take photographs of her from the front, sides and back.  I'm sure it was part of before/after photos to track her progress, but my personality type thinks its odd to ask a random stranger to take pictures of you in the middle of a gym. 

Dude .. She wanted to fuck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pancho Negro said:

Forgot to mention...

Some lady's emotional support dog took a shit on the gym floor the other day.  The lady had no idea it ran off. 

FML. 

I would write a sternly worded letter to management concerning my emotional distress to dog poop. 

22 hours ago, South Austin said:

Stupid question amnesty request:  Why would the direction on a track change based on the day of the week?  Why not have the direction stay constant?  [Disclosure: I'm not one of the elderly.]

My gym does that. Not sure why, but they do. 

So here's one take:

If you are going to walk on an indoor track for several days or more, it is best to switch directions. By walking clockwise one day and counterclockwise the next, you will help avoid orthopedic problems that can result from continually rounding corners in the same direction.

Some clubs have even incorporated clockwise and counterclockwise days into their club's track schedule. This is particularly important if the track you're walking on is banked (slanted), because the leg on the down side will be subjected to extra stress.

https://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/diet-fitness/exercise/how-to-plan-a-walking-route3.htm

On 5/22/2019 at 10:57 AM, South Austin said:

Dude. 

On 5/22/2019 at 12:34 PM, HenryJames said:

11607520.jpg

One less dumb mother fucker doing curls in the squat rack.

On 5/22/2019 at 1:06 PM, South Austin said:

Serious track runners can get injuries always circling the same way. Hip on the inside leg, I believe.

3 hours ago, BayouBill said:

What's been your overall impression of GVT? I've never tried it before but been thinking about it.

It's not bad.  Took some getting used to though.  I modified it and only did 7x7 week 1, 8x8 week 2, and have been doing 9x9 the last few weeks.  Most everything I've researched has said to not do more than 4-6 weeks of GVT then take a few months off, so this is my last week doing it. 

I've gained a little and have leaned out, but I've also been doing more HIIT after my workouts. 

• Like 1

Bonus to joining the Planet Fitness near my house.  Its actually two doors down from my liquor store so the guilt kicked in and instead of going straight to get some tasty beverages I stopped in and worked out for an hour.  Double bonus the liquor store offers 10% discount to gym members.  

I try and lift 4-5 days a week.

I've been going to the same Golds for 3 years now.

I see this same dude there probably 75% of the time I'm there ever since I started at this location.

I have never seen him do a single lower body exercise.

EVER.

22 hours ago, BayouBill said:

I try and lift 4-5 days a week.

I've been going to the same Golds for 3 years now.

I see this same dude there probably 75% of the time I'm there ever since I started at this location.

I have never seen him do a single lower body exercise.

EVER.

I bet he's not the only dude your checking out and keeping tabs on.  Phaggot.

Edited by RollLeft

• 3 weeks later...

So some dude has an anti-gravity phone case so he can stick his phone onto the metal on the machines. 

Some lady sees this and has been trying to stick her phone on the machines for nearly 10 minutes now. I thought by the 8th time it dropped she would have realized why, but nope...she’s still trying.

Oh damn now she’s moving the phone to various spots on the machine. Still drops.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

So some dude has an anti-gravity phone case so he can stick his phone onto the metal on the machines. 

Some lady sees this and has been trying to stick her phone on the machines for nearly 10 minutes now. I thought by the 8th time it dropped she would have realized why, but nope...she’s still trying.

Oh damn now she’s moving the phone to various spots on the machine. Still drops.

Possible cross post with wives thread...?

On 6/14/2019 at 1:18 PM, Pancho said:

2rhobr.png

• Like 1

I've been at the same LA Fitness for about 9 months now.  I go in the mornings as soon as they open (5 on weekdays, 8 on weekends) so I don't have to deal with the douchers.  However, there is always this one girl in there every morning I'm there that just stinks.  Just massive BO.  She uses all machines and you can smell her from 20 feet away.  Does 1/8th reps on everything and does probably 30 reps per set.  Counts her rep numbers so that even a person on the other end of the gym can hear her.  Annoying as shit.