Gym Pet Peeves

Ldogg53

In fairness to the chick in front of the dumbbell rack, it looks like there's hardly anybody there, so she probably isn't in the way.  And she's giving everybody in the rest of the gym a nice look at her ass, which appears to be her best feature (that's a low bar).  But on second thought, fuck her -- that's by far my biggest annoyance at the gym.

12 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Slamming the weights, especially if it's the 20 pound dumbbells 

This always gets me. There area a couple of habitual offenders at my gym. It's like they think it doesn't count as a set if you don't drop the weights when you're finished.

Edited by Seasick Sailor

On 3/27/2018 at 10:42 AM, Potatohead said:

In fairness to the chick in front of the dumbbell rack, it looks like there's hardly anybody there, so she probably isn't in the way.  And she's giving everybody in the rest of the gym a nice look at her ass, which appears to be her best feature (that's a low bar).  But on second thought, fuck her -- that's by far my biggest annoyance at the gym.

The gym was fairly empty, but that's still no excuse as it means she had plenty of space to do her exercises anywhere else.  Including the sit down shoulder press seats where should could just brace herself on the back of it. 

No matter what you don't fucking block people's access to the equipment. 

12 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

I’m honored that my thread was started up again.

I will submit the 3 guys who decided to show up with a speaker blaring their own music that they carried around. Douchebags. They make headphones for a reason.

Holy fuck. Do you work out at my gym?  There is a group of 3 dudes who do this every day at mine.  They come in around 4:30pm or so. 

Curious what the consensus is on this. I track my workouts on my phone so I'm better sets I've got it out. I have it set to give an alarm after a minute between sets. Is that too long to be sitting there "jacking around on my phone"?

Edited by Llogg

24 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Curious what the consensus is on this. I track my workouts on my phone so I'm better sets I've got it out. I have it set to give an alarm after a minute between sets. Is that too long to be sitting there "jacking around on my phone"?

I think 1 minute is acceptable. Way better than the guys who leave for 5 to 10 minutes and then get mad when you are using the equipment.

24 minutes ago, Llogg said:

I do the same thing.  One minute between sets with an alarm.  Check shaggy, I mean surly, in the interim.

2 hours ago, Llogg said:

You're good.  Shit with a lot of my lifts I'm plenty more than a minute between.  Doing heavy shit that fast would be like doing cardio. 

8 hours ago, Ldogg53 said:

Holy fuck. Do you work out at my gym?  There is a group of 3 dudes who do this every day at mine.  They come in around 4:30pm or so. 

The gym doubles as their entertainment center since all their money went into their membership . 

13 hours ago, BayouBill said:

You are not strong if you load up weight and only go down 4 inches on bench. Looking at you, bandana boy.

With your “spotter bro” doing upright rows and yelling “It’s all you”

Edited by dufus

On 3/26/2018 at 9:15 PM, Ldogg53 said:

And this shit. Putting the treadmill as steep as possible and then grabbing on to pull yourself up.  Cheating idiots.  

uEDdfsT.jpg[/img]

And relatedly, people using stairclimbers and hanging all over the handrails.

11 hours ago, In re UofA said:

This is pervasive and is annoying. Not sure why.

Because people are lazy as fuck and like cheating their exercises.   Honestly the guy in the pic I took wasn't all that bad.  Sometimes people look like they're hanging on for dear life and lean back as far as possible to avoid having the incline affect them.  So dumb. 

Yesterday.  Lunch time.  Lifetime locker room is packed.  I come back into the locker room and some 70 yr old dude has his bag taking up half the of one bench, he's sitting on the other bench next to him, dressed in gym clothes and answering emails.  Whatever. I pile my dirty clothes and hit the sauna/shower I come back and he's still there, still on his phone.  There is hardly any bench at all so I lay my bag next to his and throw my dirty clothes on my bag and they kind of fall onto his bag.  He finally looks up and looks around and say "guess I should stop answering emails"  I replied.  "yeah, that's a good idea"  Idoit. 

People do that all the time.  Why do you want to sit in a small space, full of sweaty dudes and cocks and hangout?  

Edited by midtown

There's a motherfucker at my gym that does the same shit. I go to a small gym whose main focus is boxing/kickboxing classes, but they have full gym equipment and offer cheap memberships accessing only the gym shit. There is only one small bathroom bench that could MAYBE seat three people at once. About 12 lockers. Three showers. Small changing area. There's an old dude that goes there works out with a trainer to stretch and do shit with 20lb dumbells. He takes 30 minute showers, brings in a speaker to listen to his own shitty music very loudly while showering, and spreads his shit out over the entire and only changing bench. I have to move his shit out of the way so I can sit down and change out of my gym clothes.  I want to murder this idiot.

32 minutes ago, midtown said:

Yesterday.  Lunch time.  Lifetime locker room is packed.  I come back into the locker room and some 70 yr old dude has his bag taking up half the of one bench, he's sitting on the other bench next to him, dressed in gym clothes and answering emails.  Whatever. I pile my dirty clothes and hit the sauna/shower I come back and he's still there, still on his phone.  There is hardly any bench at all so I lay my bag next to his and throw my dirty clothes on my bag and they kind of fall onto his bag.  He finally looks up and looks around and say "guess I should stop answering emails"  I replied.  "yeah, that's a good idea"  Idoit. 

People do that all the time.  Why do you want to sit in a small space, full of sweaty dudes and cocks and hangout?  

I'm probably in the minority, but I hate when people use their phones in the locker room at all. Those things have cameras, and I don't need anyone taking surreptitious pictures of my junk.

1 hour ago, midtown said:

By "bag" do you mean a literal bag, or his ballsack?  With the olds in the gym it could go either way. 

Haha, Homercles! That reminds me of one time I played at Preston Trail.  Odd thing about that place is that their locker room and 19th hole are all one big area.  They had a big buffet table right next to a bunch of lockers and some old dude was reaching across the table just like in your photo grabbing a cookie or something.

Uh, no thanks, I'll just order off the menu.

Haha, Homercles! That reminds me of one time I played at Preston Trail.  Odd thing about that place is that their locker room and 19th hole are all one big area.  They had a big buffet table right next to a bunch of lockers and some old dude was reaching across the table just like in your photo grabbing a cookie or something.
Uh, no thanks, I'll just order off the menu.
Yep, they had to put up a note to not come out in just a towel or naked to get something to eat (then return to the poker game in the locker room).

Shit. I posted it in the old thread, but I used to work out at a Blast Fitness that had hand dryers installed on the wall. The old dudes would go over and punch the button and basically mount the wall to dry themselves. Horrific.

You are not strong if you load up weight and only go down 4 inches on bench. Looking at you, bandana boy.
Would this bandana boy happen to be at the Lifetime in San Antonio? There's a guy who rocks a bandana there who loads up 225 and only goes down 4 inches on one side, 3 inches on the other. Always crooked. Never a full rep.

16 minutes ago, Eastwood said:
On 3/28/2018 at 8:38 AM, BayouBill said:

Would this bandana boy happen to be at the Lifetime in San Antonio? There's a guy who rocks a bandana there who loads up 225 and only goes down 4 inches on one side, 3 inches on the other. Always crooked. Never a full rep.

No this guy reps the newer Golds in Round Rock. He gets at least one head shake from someone every time i see him there. Dudes also coming in strong with the compression socks past the knee, spaghetti strap tank, arm sleeve (just one arm), dyed black goatee, and neon orange shoes.