Gym Pet Peeves

Ldogg53

just bring the gym back, man. I’ll wear my mask. I’ll always stay 6 ft apart from anyone. I’ll use one of the 10 hand sanitizer dispensers that you have throughout the gym every 5 mins, and I’ll always make sure to wipe down my machines in detailed fashion. But if some shit like that happens to me one more time, I might just have to accept the fact that I’m going to be fat as fuck when all of this is over. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

I might actually venture into my gym in a couple weeks.  I want to see if the gradual opening around town results in any spike in reported COVID cases.  If not, I'm usually at the gym by 5am, so social distancing is more easily a product of few people in the gym that early.  I just wonder how sanitized the equipment will be from the prior day's use, given it's a 24-Hour Fitness.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the start of Week 3 back at the gym

- I haven’t worn gloves in (good lord) years, but I started 3 weeks ago.  I think I’m the only one, so I no longer see the point. 

- On the up side, I do give people credit for wiping shit down after they use it, and that includes the grubby ass high schoolers who have no idea what they are doing.

- the lockerrooms are open and have always been open. 

- so are the showers, the pools, and the saunas both wet and dry

- something weird happened—the bench and incline bench machines weren’t blocked off at all the first 2 weeks of the opening but then all of a sudden last Thursday, they put police tape around every other bench.  My thought is either they got in trouble or someone got the COVID.  They do have stickers on all cardio equipment that implies people should skip every other machine, and that has worked out well. 

- 97% aren’t wearing a mask.  The people who work there rarely wear a mask—it’s weird because I’ve seen them with it fully on but they take it off or pull it down to talk to people. 

I’ll be glad when people start going on vacation again, because it’s been crazy busy this week. 

Our CR Lifetime is way less busy. Almost zero masks for customers, but staff wear them. No gloves except me (I like to wear them. Keeps me from tearing calluses). No showers or sinks in locker room. A few spray stations scattered around. Overall, it's great. Less people. everything important open

10 minutes ago, TexMex Horn said:

Our CR Lifetime is way less busy. Almost zero masks for customers, but staff wear them. No gloves except me (I like to wear them. Keeps me from tearing calluses). No showers or sinks in locker room. A few spray stations scattered around. Overall, it's great. Less people. everything important open

there's a cloak room Lifetime? fuck that

LA Fitness opened on Monday. Went around noon on Mon and Tue. Mon there were about 20 people, Tue there were only 8. Only saw one person working out with mask. Most everyone wiped their stations after. If I see someone not wiping their shit in multiple stations I will definitely say something to the staff.

18 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

LA Fitness opened on Monday. Went around noon on Mon and Tue. Mon there were about 20 people, Tue there were only 8. Only saw one person working out with mask. Most everyone wiped their stations after. If I see someone not wiping their shit in multiple stations I will definitely say something to the staff.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ehh, I'll be a Karen. I can tolerate selfish pricks who don't restack their weights. I can tolerate self indulgent assholes who sit at a station or bench fucking around on their phones for long ass stretches of time in between sets. What I cannot tolerate is completely selfish pricks who spew their covid fluids all over shit that can infect others. Don't be an asshole, wipe up your filth. 

6 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

ehh, I'll be a Karen. I can tolerate selfish pricks who don't restack their weights. I can tolerate self indulgent assholes who sit at a station or bench fucking around on their phones for long ass stretches of time in between sets. What I cannot tolerate is completely selfish pricks who spew their covid fluids all over shit that can infect others. Don't be an asshole, wipe up your filth. 

I guess my gym polices itself, and if someone does any of that shit they will hear it from a member. if they are new (and there are lots of them RN)  it will be polite. typically it's a pretty tight ship- dumbbells racked in order, plates racked by size, bars stripped etc.     

I guess my gym polices itself, and if someone does any of that shit they will hear it from a member. if they are new (and there are lots of them RN)  it will be polite. typically it's a pretty tight ship- dumbbells racked in order, plates racked by size, bars stripped etc.     

Dumbbells and plates racked properly? What is this magical place?
  • Like 1

Went to my first "hot yoga" class since before spring break shut everything down.

The place only allowed 8 people to reserve. (only 6 came to class). We were all 6 feet apart, everyone had to have a temp check prior to entry and wear masks into the studio. (you could take mask off during class)

Was a little slice of normalcy.

71963a2b800abc05cae5e6136cfd79bf.jpg
  • Like 1