Gym Pet Peeves

Ldogg53

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2018 at 12:48 PM, irishtexan said:

I've got an acquaintance who I follow on instagram and he posts a selfie or a video of him lifting nearly every damn day. I often wonder how much time he spends each day recording himself, and if he feels any shame doing this publicly. He includes about a thousand gym hashtags to try to get more people to like his posts, but typically he only gets about a dozen or so likes and a few other gym dorks commenting to get him to go like their shit. The whole thing is so narcissisticly absurd

That's 95% of instagram and 75% of facebook in a nutshell.

Couple of roided jackasses in my new gym who like to grunt and groan and moan for all the world to hear, using weights my 32-year old non-roided ass can lift, in between long sets of flexing and staring into the mirror - even if they’re in the middle of the gym floor and the nearest mirror is twenty feet away.

Throwing down the bar bell as hard as you can after a lift. I was at the Fairmont-Austin hotel in early April and this moron in the fitness center didn't just drop it. Half way down he would throw it to the floor. People two floors down must have felt it.

In Chicago earlier this week, hotel didn't have gym so free pass to LA Fitness. Get done working out and head to the locker-room to piss before I left.

Of course there were 3 fat old guys naked just having a normal conversation, two standing by their lockers and the third well this fucker is combing his fucking hair in front of the sinks with nothing on. Seriously would it kill you old fucks to put a pair of underwear on or a fucking towel while doing shit OTHER than getting dressed? 

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

What about couples at the gym that do the same exercises and kiss between every set?

Theres this girl and guy that look straight out of a douche his/hers catalog that work out like this daily

That's ridiculous. Sounds like you should crop dust them.

• Like 1

What gyms do y’all lift at? One of my pet peeves is definitely when someone doesn’t rack the weights and also guys who crave attention (the ones that yell while squatting or power cleaning). I don’t mind grunts, especially if it’s with a heavier weight, but yelling with 45 pounders? Fuck outta here.

Edited by Longboard Horn

People who are too busy to be working out.  Every day this goofy looking guy walks in reading a stack of papers double sided in 8 point font.  He's reading as he's walking to the locker room--never looks down.  He puts the papers in his locker and reads them the entire time he's changing clothes.  He reads them on the way to the reclining stationary bikes.  He never stops reading and never breaks a sweat but peddles away for 30 minutes.  He keeps reading on the way to the sitting area in the men's locker room and continues to read while he sits down and "cools off."  He puts the papers in his locker and reads them while he gets ready to shower.  After the shower he reads them while he's getting ready.  As he's walking out, without looking down, he reads them the entire way out of the gym.  Every damn day.

Edited by HouTex

My gym is not too fancy. Just the basics, treadmills, bikes, elliptical, etc. and then a lot of free weights and a lot of machines. 

On the incline leg press machine some fucker puts on two 45-pound weights, that are welded together, one on each side so they are in a sense 90-pound plates, and then never takes them off. Ever. I know 90 pounds is not too much to lift but I'm sure there are some folks who can't use the machine because this lazy fuck won't strip down the machine. If they are on when I want to do the machine I take the 90s and hide them so he has to go searching.

Gym owner has asked him many times not to do that. So far with no success.

3 hours ago, HouTex said:

People who are too busy to be working out.  Every day this goofy looking guy walks in reading a stack of papers double sided in 8 point font.  He's reading as he's walking to the locker room--never looks down.  He puts the papers in his locker and reads them the entire time he's changing clothes.  He reads them on the way to the reclining stationary bikes.  He never stops reading and never breaks a sweat but peddles away for 30 minutes.  He keeps reading on the way to the sitting area in the men's locker room and continues to read while he sits down and "cools off."  He puts the papers in his locker and reads them while he gets ready to shower.  After the shower he reads them while he's getting ready.  As he's walking out, without looking down, he reads them the entire way out of the gym.  Every damn day.

While it's not necessarily a pet peeve I do get a chuckle at the folks reading a book on a stationary bike.  If you are that bored maybe get off the bike and do something else, or crank up the intensity.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

My gym is not too fancy. Just the basics, treadmills, bikes, elliptical, etc. and then a lot of free weights and a lot of machines. 

On the incline leg press machine some fucker puts on two 45-pound weights, that are welded together, one on each side so they are in a sense 90-pound plates, and then never takes them off. Ever. I know 90 pounds is not too much to lift but I'm sure there are some folks who can't use the machine because this lazy fuck won't strip down the machine. If they are on when I want to do the machine I take the 90s and hide them so he has to go searching.

Gym owner has asked him many times not to do that. So far with no success.

Racking and unracking a 90lb plate seems like a beating.  I don't really think it would have much practicality in an average joe gym.

On 6/25/2018 at 11:06 PM, kingkoopa6 said:

Girls who wear shirts around the booty...

big pet peeve of mine 

E31143_F6_6_BEF_4122_8_A7_F_283_C4_CF16_
40_F9302_A_382_E_4_D9_A_973_C_FAB2_FBF63
62_F59200_AE35_4212_8712_2_BF16_B5_D0_CB

Is this really just to ward off dude's glares? Because it's effective and incredibly annoying. There's one girl I've seen doing this at my gym, and she has an ass that is absolutely worth staring at. It's a damn shame. And she's one of those that comes into the gym to pretty much do legs/glutes and abs and not a single thing else. Ass sweat? Hole in the pants? wtf.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2018 at 2:12 PM, Gene Parmesan said:

Racking and unracking a 90lb plate seems like a beating.  I don't really think it would have much practicality in an average joe gym.

Friday I was getting to the leg press machine and there were the 90s again. The only plates on each side. So I took them off, took them into the one side room where there are extra racks for dumbbells and I got the 90s behind the racks. Today when I went the 90s were still in the room behind the dumbbell racks and against the wall. A small, and probably temporary, victory.

There is one guy who comes. He's probably about 65 and I think he was a pretty strong guy back when he was a young man. He was an iron worker. But he comes in and talks on his damn phone all the time. Loud enough so everyone can hear all the while only doing one, two or three sets in a half hour. Just shut up and lift.

And damn those people who put their towel down on a bench, or a machine, and don't do but two sets in 15 minutes or so because they spend too much time talking.

• 3 weeks later...

Classic gym douche today..Sweatpants but the best part is he had his sweatpants pulled up so you could see his yoga pants coming out of the bottom.   And it gets better.  Full pull over hoodie but it gets better.  He had the hoodie over his head.  But wait.  It gets better.  He was wearing his headphones OVER his hoodie.  Anyone want to guess what kind of headphones?