Ldogg53

Gym Pet Peeves

9 hours ago, crash_davis said:

they are great for people who want to lift too heavy weights with really bad form. the constriction on range of motion for your body is great for injuring joints, tendons and muscles.  

whoever smith is, fuck you for being an asshat.

Hey cool, crash read some clickbait articles on the internet that said "Smith Machine so dangerous.  What about my balancing muscles?!?!!" and has been running with it.

My gym pet peeve is people who think you can't get bigger and stronger with progressive overload through any type of resistance training and think you have to free weight squat to build legs.  If only somebody had told Dorian Yates he had to squat to build any muscle, he wouldn't have been laughed out of Mr. Olympia competitions for his chicken legs. 

8 hours ago, Tom said:

My gym pet peeve is people who think you can't get bigger and stronger with progressive overload through any type of resistance training and think you have to free weight squat to build legs.  If only somebody had told Dorian Yates he had to squat to build any muscle, he wouldn't have been laughed out of Mr. Olympia competitions for his chicken legs. 

Lunges, bro.

On 10/21/2019 at 1:49 PM, midtown said:

Mine has squat racks and dumbells. No barbells that I recall. Why not just stop by and see what they have

squat racks and no barbells?  interesting. 

internet meme comes to life. I was the only one in the gym, until newbie guy walks in followed by the "personal trainer".

In a matter of 50 minutes, he and his trainee combined for at least 125 "bros".  I really need to invest in some headphones. 

13 minutes ago, BladeRunnerRock said:

internet meme comes to life. I was the only one in the gym, until newbie guy walks in followed by the "personal trainer".

In a matter of 50 minutes, he and his trainee combined for at least 125 "bros".  I really need to invest in some headphones. 

Bro, I found the perfect headphones for you on Amazon.

51fEVwIfeJL._SX569_.jpg

On 11/1/2019 at 3:59 PM, BladeRunnerRock said:

you need to settle down and have a brotein shake. 

On 10/25/2019 at 9:46 PM, Tom said:

Hey cool, crash read some clickbait articles on the internet that said "Smith Machine so dangerous.  What about my balancing muscles?!?!!" and has been running with it.

So the lesson here is take a bunch of steroids if you want muscle growth.

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

So the lesson here is take a bunch of steroids if you want muscle growth.

Well, the lesson here is that planet fitness fucking blows.  

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Can I do Smith machine lunges at Planet Fitness?

Sure, and after you've injured yourself, you can lean up against it while eating free pizza and texting.  Win/Win

1 hour ago, Parliament said:
4 hours ago, HenryJames said:
Can I do Smith machine lunges at Planet Fitness?

So long as you don't grunt.

Not sure if serious or if that's supposed to be another dig at Planet Fitness, but yes. 

No worries.  Feel free to keep the grunting at the local Gold's and 24H Fitness.  Half of the things mentioned as pet peeves in this thread, including but not limited to grunting and attention seekers, is actually enforced at PF and they get shit on for it.  Can't win I guess.

Edited by Tom

Not really a pet peeve, but it makes me chuckle a bit when someone comes into the gym smelling like they have spent 8 hours at an airport sealed smoking room, and then they go for cardio.