Gym Pet Peeves

Ldogg53

18 hours ago, midtown said:

I'm a swimmer and that was always the draw with lifetime is that their pools are actually pretty great..Ill just have to pay $4 a visit to one of the school district pools

Yeah, I just use the local college pool at two bucks a pop. Locker rooms are a little iffy, but the pool itself is fine. Its also open year round and on weekends, except during semester breaks.

Now for the bitching/rant:

My gym is a mom and pop place in a small town. 24 hours/50 bucks a month, no contract. Its fine for me. Rarely crowded, has plenty of free weights and benches and the few machines I use, and the crossfit idoits have their own, separate space.

BUT,

The rotary torso machine has been broken for months. I finally went into the office and asked when it would be fixed. Office attendant lady said they have repeatedly fixed it, but it keeps breaking. I said that you aren't really fixing it then. She said they keep replacing the part that breaks, but the part keeps breaking. I said how about getting an actual repair guy from the company out here to really fix it. She said the machine is so old that the company won't service them anymore (I suspect this is lie. I think they bought it used, and the company only services the original owner,but whatever). I suggested just buying a new machine. She said no, that's too expensive. I asked how many times do you have to keep buying the same part before it becomes cheaper to buy a new machine? She said she'd pass my concern up to the owners. I asked her to also pass up to the owners the fact that just about the only part of my workout that I can't do at home with a cheap set of weights and a bench is the rotary torso machine.

We'll see if they take my hint.

Also, does anybody know of an equivalent alternative to the rotary torso machine? That controlled rotation has pretty much cured all my lower back issues. I get on it, and I feel my spine stretch and loosen. It also helps with my golf swing I believe. Since its been a few months since I've been on that machine, playing 18 holes starts to fuck with my lower back.  I also do stretching, core strengthening, etc, but none of that seems to help as much as the rotary torso.

If i played baseball, I imagine it would also help with swinging a bat.

23 hours ago, crash_davis said:

planet usually has $10/month memberships.  re 24 hr, fuck $35/month.  costco sells 24hr 2 year memberships for about $400.  

re the nicer places, i go to LA fitness.  it's $50 or $100 down and $30/month.  if you are paying 35/month @ 24hr, then you are getting screwed.  the la fitness on anderson is never that busy, especially compared to 24 hr.

Same, LA Fitness in the Chicago burbs is $25/mo. Great value 

Yeah, I just use the local college pool at two bucks a pop.

Nice to know another swimmer with a strong Username.

Closest drop in price I could find by the new house was $8/swim. So makes since to stay with the city wide Y membership. /expense talk.

Pool locker room entrance exit makes you walk through the shower. Shower is narrow with 4 spigots on either wall. So I put on my business casual extra pleated dockers with the wide ballon seat construction. Dodge old man ass overspray in flip flops then make it to my truck to wipe off my feet and put on socks and boots for the day. Inconvenient thing that’s starting to become a real pet peeve. “Why don’t you park at the regular entrance and walk lazy ass, you’re there to workout?” Pool opens at 5 gym at 5:30.

Guy who jump ropes in the middle of the walkway of a crowded gym. Fuck that guy. I didn’t realize this was one of my pet peeves until recently. Guy at EOS fitness out here in Tempe will just post up right in the middle of the walk way with his jump rope, and there’s always a crowd of people waiting for him to finish, just so they can safely walk by.

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Guy who jump ropes in the middle of the walkway of a crowded gym. Fuck that guy. I didn’t realize this was one of my pet peeves until recently. Guy at EOS fitness out here in Tempe will just post up right in the middle of the walk way with his jump rope, and there’s always a crowd of people waiting for him to finish, just so they can safely walk by.

Grab his rope, and loudly proclaim "your jumprope session is not as important as these girls getting to their stations" ... if you don't get laid from that then you have failed. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Are people at the gym crushing their workouts so hard that they just lack the energy both to use the trash can and to return weights? I went to piss last night, and there were literally 10 wadded up paper towels by the sink. And I see wadded up paper towels, dry cleaner hangers, and other trash all over the locker room. Are you too freaking lazy to throw anything away?

2. Guys who act like their Wal-Mart gym bag is a Louis Vuitton and cannot be on the floor. Instead of taking up a spot with bag on teh floor between his legs, guy has it on the bench like he does not want to get it dirty. Every freaking day. 

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I put them on when I do legs. That way it's easier to take off the 45-pound plates, but not on curl bar. 

Actually, I totally get that... just not when curling.  Of course, curling in the squat rack should be a punishable offense.

this dude has come into my gym a few times in the past couple weeks and he wears jeans when doing squats and deadlifts. the other days he comes he does not wear jeans. He has a bag with him and has elbow wraps and shit like that with him so he is specifically choosing to wear the jeans.  I can't understand for the life of me why you would want to do any type of lifting in jeans     

Years ago, there was this guy who would come in to a gym I used to work out at and bench press wearing jeans and cowboy boots. He was probably 50 or 55 years old.  I probably saw him a handful of times over the couple of years I was at that gym. The only lifts he would do were bench press, incline press, and decline press.

Whatever, he racked his weights, didn't put his shit on a second bench, and didn't grunt excessively loudly so I didn't gaf.

• Like 1

There has recently been a douche coming to my gym wearing fucking leggings, with no shorts covering, and doing upper body workouts.

1. Dude, you're not in the NBA, so you should not wear leggings.

2. If you must on leg day, so be it. But wear some got damn shorts to cover your junk. 

3. You sure as shit don't wear them on chest days.

Edited by lateshow

51 minutes ago, lateshow said:

There has recently been a douche coming to my gym wearing fucking leggings, with no shorts covering, and doing upper body workouts.

1. Dude, you're not in the NBA, so you should not wear leggings.

2. If you must on leg day, so be it. But wear some got damn shorts to cover your junk. 

3. You sure as shit don't wear them on chest days.

Golds on Burnet?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Quagmire said:

So I noticed that when most girls work out their nipples get hard.

So I asked my wife why girls nipples get hard when they work out , she then accused me of being a pervert. Oops

When I watch girls work out my dick gets hard. I guess it's sort of the same thing. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...