FF trade strategy

Baboontyme

How do you all approach trade strategies? Not so much evaluation, but when you want to upgrade a position?

I have a decent squad in my 12 team PPR league, but my RB2 is weak and is hurting me (Jordan Howard). I have a strong RB1 (Conner/Bell), strong WR/TE1 (Green) strong WR/TE2 (Jeffrey) and a number of strong guys I can rotate at WR/TE3. Good QB with Newton. Also have Clement who is looking like he might be my RB2 going forward. 

Most of the teams in the league are pretty conservative in regards to trading. Some of the younger guys are more open to it. One of those guys, discussed parameters of Howard + AJ Green for David Johnson and one of his WRs but his best WRs are Baldwin and TY Hilton (both have been hurt). 

So I'm just curious how you FF guys approach going into trades. Do you look to package your shitty player (Howard) with a top player like AJ Green to get 2 decent players back? Do you look for buy low guys that might be on the block? (I made an attempt at Dalvin Cook this week for Howard or Clement and Jeffrey but was rebuffed). I feel like I have a lot of guys who would look really good as every week WR/TE3s in this league but you can almost stream those guys. 

Looking to get creative here. Mired in mediocrity. Maybe I just wait for Bell to come back. 

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/4418-2018-fuck-ffb-startsitwaiversfas/&page=7&tab=comments#comment-630425

There's a thread for all things fantasy football.  Rather than having 50 threads on different transactions, they are all posted there...and you're more likely to get help there.

Edited by slorch

If it's like my league, wait till Slorch offers a trade.  When you compare it on multiple sites and find that it is rated very even, with a third party website even commenting how difficult it was to pick the winning side of the trade, act offended that Slorch was trying to get one over on you.

I have offered 10 different trades this season with only 2 of them receiving counter offers.  The counter offers were complete bullshit like offering Sterling Shepard and Zach Ertz for Davante Adams and McCaffrey.  Yeah dude, I'm all over that shit...like white on rice.

Last year i was involved in every trade in our league.   Nobody else comes up with offers.   Fuck em.

As far as trade approach, and maybe I am absolutely wrong on this- but the third party website feedback bolstered my confidence; you have to put something in the trade to make the other guy say yes.  There should be risk for both owners.  There should be wins for both owners.  If you are trying to upgrade a particular position, you have to offer equivalent "equity" at another position.

Yeah, so many people basically only want to trade if it clearly benefits their team - hey let me trade my bench guys or guys I'm gonna cut to get a guy I'm gonna start every week.  One guy in one of my leagues always tries to work the "pu pu platter" where he gives you 3 mediocre guys for one stud.  That can work in the right spot, where the team with the stud is decimated other than that player, and there are no good options on waivers, so now the team giving up the stud is downgrading one starting spot, but upgrading the other two.  But this guy always offers guys that are waiver-equivalent, without regard to whether the team with the stud needs desperately to improve depth.