Avengers 4 - *Insert Preferred Title Here*

Viper

Lots of speculation and guessing on the title. There was a description of the trailer that showed up on Reddit and was then taken down.

https://www.cbr.com/report-avengers-4-trailer-description-surfaces-online/

The Avengers 4 title and any possible footage are arguably the most sought-after material in Hollywood at the moment, and now, we may have a brief taste of what’s to come.

A detailed description of the movie’s first trailer debuted on Reddit before it was mysteriously removed after going viral. While all this must be taken with a grain of salt, it’s worth noting that posts rarely get removed from Reddit unless a complaint is upheld, in which case, massive spoilers and leaks would count once, say, Marvel Studios lodged a formal complaint.

According the the description, the footage opens with Chris Evans’ Captain America and Robert Downey Jr.’s Iron Man reuniting in Wakanda, and also contains highly-anticipated sequences of Hulk training to fight Thanos, Wong contacting Doctor Strange’s soul, M’Baku leading Wakanda, the likes of Shuri, Rocket and Nebula building new tech, Clint Barton as Ronin in Japan, Scott Lang and Iron Man traversing the Quantum Realm, Thor and Valkyrie reuniting, Loki and Thor in what appears to be a time-travel sequence fighting off the Chitauri, Cap getting a new shield from Iron Man and last but not least, Brie Larson’s Captain Marvel with her glowing fists getting ready for battle.

The crown jewel, though, seems to be a sword-wielding Thanos recognizing that an Infinity Gem has disappeared from his Gauntlet, armoring up with a smile on his face for a second round following Infinity War. Well, that and the report suggesting that when the film’s title credit is revealed, it’s Avengers: Annihilation (which CBR has speculated on in the past).

Either way, if this footage does turn out to be real, it seems the Russo brothers will be delivering yet another epic against the Mad Titan to close out Phase Three of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The fourth Avengers film is set to be released on May 3, 2019, but beyond the general cast, nothing is known about the plot, the villains, or even the name of the film. Directed by Joe and Anthony Russo, Avengers: Infinity War stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Scarlett Johansson, Paul Bettany, Anthony Mackie, Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Olsen, Tom Holland, Benedict Cumberbatch, Chadwick Boseman, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Tom Hiddleston and Josh Brolin, among others. The film hits theaters April 27.

Not sure I like Annihilation, but it's mostly because I really enjoyed that comic storyline and the story in Avengers 4 would have nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Fanboys woild spooge if Silver Surfer showed up.  Probably motion-capped by Andy Serkis.  

And  I’m guessing the Ant-Man/Wasp movie did tie right into Captain Marvel.  

I wonder if they had enough time to use characters they hadn't planned on using in this movie?

10 minutes ago, BERT said:

I wonder if they had enough time to use characters they hadn't planned on using in this movie?

They just wrapped a bunch of small reshoots last week, so if they did, it would be in passing as far as interacting with the main MCU characters .  More of a stinger perhaps.  

I could see them tossing a few people into the background though.   They do have enough time to put together a two-minute stinger.   And I’m sure Feige has thought about it over the years.  

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, The People’s Elbow said:

Trailer out tomorrow or just another shitty rumor?

No way.

I wonder if they hold this one until Super Bowl.  ~3 months before premier and the biggest TV event in America.  They hype is already huge, not like they need 6 full months of hype.