Video Game Deals

hornfan785

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 10:35 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 - Complete - Free through Epic, through October 1st.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/rollercoaster-tycoon-3-complete-edition/home#

I randomly saw this and got it.  Pretty, pretty good.  Missed all the rest of the free offers, of those noted above.

• Fuck You 1

21 hours ago, zork said:

I randomly saw this and got it.  Pretty, pretty good.  Missed all the rest of the free offers, of those noted above.

Epic is always releasing free games, and some pretty decent ones to boot.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/free-games

Abzu is going to be Oct 8 - 15.  I've seen the image on Steam a million times, and even had it on my wishlist.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...

Halo 5 free through Monster Energy.

https://earnrewards.com/monsterhalo

1. Create an account or log in to an existing account

2. Confirm your account via email, if creating a new account

3. Follow the link within the confirmation email. Scroll down and click Redeem Free Download

4. You will then be sent a unique code to redeem on the MS Store

• 2 weeks later...

If you have Xbox Gamepass they recently added Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, and Day of the Tentacle, playable on PC, XBoxOne, and Series X/S. They're all the remastered versions.

Some of the best old school Lucas Arts adventure games ever made. Worthy of a trip down nostalgia lane, or for you youngins...a chance to experience the height of 90s adventure games.

Edited by Hawndoh

If you have Xbox Gamepass they recently added Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, and Day of the Tentacle, playable on PC, XBoxOne, and Series X/S. They're all the remastered versions.
Some of the best old school Lucas Arts adventure games ever made. Worthy of a trip down nostalgia lane, or for you youngins...a chance to experience the height of 90s adventure games.
Grim Fandango is widely considered the greatest adventure game ever made. That's a fantastic deal for those games.

I own them all but of the 90s Lucas Arts adventure games I've never played day of the tentacle. Guess I should get on that.
  • Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 7:16 PM, vtaenz said:

Just get better...

OR, watch good players, it's what I do. PotatoMcWhiskey, SaxyGamer, PravusGaming, and FilthyRobot (doesn't play much anymore) are all the ones I will watch to learn how to play the game better. I always pick up something new here and there when watching.

This is a late reply, but starting in March or so I've really gotten into TheGameMechanic. Just prefer him to the other civ6 streamers. I have learned so much from watching though, I was really ignorant about a lot of civ's mechanics. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Where does the time go? Another year, another Steam Winter Sale. Started today and runs until noon (Central) Jan. 5.

Lots of great deals and lots of meh "bargains." Either way, there's something for every palate. Enjoy.

The problem with every Steam sale now is I own almost everything and haven't played it. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

The problem with every Steam sale now is I own almost everything and haven't played it. 

The industry cranks out so many games these days, I can't keep up.

But instead of picking up new releases for $60, I wait until they are twenty bucks or less. There's plenty to play in the meantime.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Epic Games has Surviving Mars free now through March 18

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/surviving-mars#

This is a fantastic game - bought it on sale at Steam with a bunch of the DLC.

Those of you that read Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars Trilogy, it'll scratch a bit of that itch.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Saints Row: The Third: Remastered - free on Epic through Sept. 2

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/saints-row-the-third-remastered

Void Bastards free for today until 10am

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/void-bastards

Yooka-Laylee also free for today until 10am

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/yooka-laylee

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Where and how can I get a PS5? Preferably two of them? I want to get ahead of the holiday rush (and I might be late).

if you have money you can find some for resell for a couple of hundred dollars premium. Lowest right now is around $718

https://stockx.com/sony-ps5-playstation-5-blu-ray-edition-console-white

If you want to pay retail price you can follow a restock alert twitter like https://twitter.com/mattswider to get alerted when certain retailers are likely to have new stock in.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/7/2021 at 2:45 PM, Viper said:

if you have money you can find some for resell for a couple of hundred dollars premium. Lowest right now is around $718

https://stockx.com/sony-ps5-playstation-5-blu-ray-edition-console-white

If you want to pay retail price you can follow a restock alert twitter like https://twitter.com/mattswider to get alerted when certain retailers are likely to have new stock in.

I ended up buying one today for $799. Is that too much? Dumb? Fair?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Tiny Tina Assault on Dragon Keep DLC is now a standalone being given free on Epic Games Store. https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/tiny-tinas-assault-on-dragon-keep-a-wonderlands-one-shot-adventure

It was a fun DLC for Borderlands 2, so much so that they now have a full game based around it coming out soon called Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Looks like Steam's annual Winter Sale just kicked off. Not what it used to be, but definitely some deals to be had for PC gamers.

Recs:

Any "classic" RPG you might have missed, including the entire Dragon Age and Fallout lineups. Just hours and hours of fun.

was hoping the Final Fantasy pixel remasters would be on sale. The Fallout games are on sale and great if anyone wants to try those.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Alright follow needs, I just reinstalled Steam on my computer and need help finding a game. 

I don’t have a huge collection of games. When I find a game I play it a lot. Loved and played the shit of all the Diablos, Dragon age (yes, I enjoyed 2, fight me), Ff1-3 and 7, Star Ocen, Ni No Kuni, shit tons of all cid’s civilizations (probably an unhealthy amount), magic the gathering, and currently waste a lot of time playing Hearthstone. 

Im not much of a FPS or racing game person, Skyrim and Oblivion were kind of meh for me, although I could at least tolerate skyrim, didn’t really enjoy assassins creed 3 (only one I played), I’m always down for a Mario replay but it won’t hold my attention for 20 hours straight like a civ replay would. 

Alright, put all that in your algorithms and spit out a suggestion for me. In the meantime I will probably install all the updates for Inquisition from the last 4-5 years and start a replay

Alright follow needs, I just reinstalled Steam on my computer and need help finding a game. 

I don’t have a huge collection of games. When I find a game I play it a lot. Loved and played the shit of all the Diablos, Dragon age (yes, I enjoyed 2, fight me), Ff1-3 and 7, Star Ocen, Ni No Kuni, shit tons of all cid’s civilizations (probably an unhealthy amount), magic the gathering, and currently waste a lot of time playing Hearthstone. 

Im not much of a FPS or racing game person, Skyrim and Oblivion were kind of meh for me, although I could at least tolerate skyrim, didn’t really enjoy assassins creed 3 (only one I played), I’m always down for a Mario replay but it won’t hold my attention for 20 hours straight like a civ replay would. 

Alright, put all that in your algorithms and spit out a suggestion for me. In the meantime I will probably install all the updates for Inquisition from the last 4-5 years and start a replay

19 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Do you like other ARPGS besides Diablo or have you checked any out? Path of Exile has some unique features and you can play for free. 

There's a newish game similar to civ called Humankind. I haven't played it but it's gotten positive reception.

Have you ever played the Witcher? 

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Do you like other ARPGS besides Diablo or have you checked any out? Path of Exile has some unique features and you can play for free. 

There's a newish game similar to civ called Humankind. I haven't played it but it's gotten positive reception.

Have you ever played the Witcher? 

Have not played Witcher but very much enjoyed the Netflix series. I think I like some arpgs, but I’m not sure I’ve played a lot.  I think I’ll give Witcher a try. Thank you!

35 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Have not played Witcher but very much enjoyed the Netflix series. I think I like some arpgs, but I’m not sure I’ve played a lot.  I think I’ll give Witcher a try. Thank you!

Assuming you have a decent rig. Just start with the Witcher 3 it's the best. You don't need the expansions until you finish the base game.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

greedfall

fallout 3/4/New Vegas

On 2/4/2022 at 8:23 PM, ztejas said:

Assuming you have a decent rig. Just start with the Witcher 3 it's the best. You don't need the expansions until you finish the base game.

Well, I only have intel i5-7300U.  Witcher 3 says it requires intel pentium 4.  I don't know all the ins and outs of the processors, but I'm not sure mine will be able to handle it well enough.