Video Game Deals

hornfan785

7 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Well, I only have intel i5-7300U.  Witcher 3 says it requires intel pentium 4.  I don't know all the ins and outs of the processors, but I'm not sure mine will be able to handle it well enough.  

Jesus. I can't imagine trying to run that game on a pentium 4. That's an ancient processor at this point. What are your full specs? May help some of our recommendations.

But yes - at a glance I think that processor would struggle with Witcher 3. 

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2022 at 7:53 PM, UT_OB1 said:

Alright follow needs, I just reinstalled Steam on my computer and need help finding a game. 

I don’t have a huge collection of games. When I find a game I play it a lot. Loved and played the shit of all the Diablos, Dragon age (yes, I enjoyed 2, fight me), Ff1-3 and 7, Star Ocen, Ni No Kuni, shit tons of all cid’s civilizations (probably an unhealthy amount), magic the gathering, and currently waste a lot of time playing Hearthstone. 

Im not much of a FPS or racing game person, Skyrim and Oblivion were kind of meh for me, although I could at least tolerate skyrim, didn’t really enjoy assassins creed 3 (only one I played), I’m always down for a Mario replay but it won’t hold my attention for 20 hours straight like a civ replay would. 

Alright, put all that in your algorithms and spit out a suggestion for me. In the meantime I will probably install all the updates for Inquisition from the last 4-5 years and start a replay

Well the obvious recommendations are ff 9, 10, and 12. 8 is also great but it's a bit different from the others. All 4 have remasters on steam. I'm assuming you mean 4 and 6 by 2-3. If you haven't played Chrono Trigger before then I recommend that as well. Seems like it's been rereleased on just about every electronic device known to man so it's probably on steam.

Can't think of anything quite like ni no kuni, but if you're into action jrpgs, Tales of Vesperia is solid. A lot of people like the Ys series but I haven't played it. 

The trails of cold steel series is excellent and will take a long ass time to finish. It's 4 games and there's two other Trails series that are sorta prequels but sorta happen concurrently too in other parts of the game world. All in all it's an epic story that spans 10 or 11 games and counting. I'd start with cold steel 1 if you're interested. 

If you want a twist on civ, there's a recent game called humankind I tried that was pretty good.

Since you like Dragon Age, you might dig Mass Effect. It's one of my favorite trilogies ever and they put out a remaster recently that is very well done.  I also recommend Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2. Theyre remaking kotor 1 though so you might want to wait for that. All these are from Bioware except knights 2.

Edited by Bevo14

9 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

Well the obvious recommendations are ff 9, 10, and 12. 8 is also great but it's a bit different from the others. All 4 have remasters on steam. I'm assuming you mean 4 and 6 by 2-3. If you haven't played Chrono Trigger before then I recommend that as well. Seems like it's been rereleased on just about every electronic device known to man so it's probably on steam.

Can't think of anything quite like ni no kuni, but if you're into action jrpgs, Tales of Vesperia is solid. A lot of people like the Ys series but I haven't played it. 

The trails of cold steel series is excellent and will take a long ass time to finish. It's 4 games and there's two other Trails series that are sorta prequels but sorta happen concurrently too in other parts of the game world. All in all it's an epic story that spans 10 or 11 games and counting. I'd start with cold steel 1 if you're interested. 

If you want a twist on civ, there's a recent game called humankind I tried that was pretty good.

Since you like Dragon Age, you might dig Mass Effect. It's one of my favorite trilogies ever and they put out a remaster recently that is very well done.  I also recommend Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2. Theyre remaking kotor 1 though so you might want to wait for that. All these are from Bioware except knights 2.

8 hours ago, Hozz said:

I ran Witcher 3 on a first gen i5.  Graphics card at the time was I think a 970.  It ran great at 1080P.

Echo the Mass Effect rec.  One of the greatest franchises in RPG gaming.

Don't forget to check out https://www.nexusmods.com/ if you get any of these older games (Mass Effect, Knights of the Old Republic, Witcher, Fallout series). Fallout 1 is close to unplayable without the Fixit patch, same with Fallout 2 and the Restoration Patch.

On 2/6/2022 at 8:57 PM, ztejas said:

Jesus. I can't imagine trying to run that game on a pentium 4. That's an ancient processor at this point. What are your full specs? May help some of our recommendations.

But yes - at a glance I think that processor would struggle with Witcher 3. 

But it would run Minecraft.  And Stardew Valley.

It's been mentioned many times in this thread, but https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/ always has a free game or two available (scroll down to free games) and some of them are very good and/or were premium in past years, and would run on older hardware.

Basically a few free games a month.  And @UT_OB1 if you have Amazon Prime, every month they have a selection of free games - https://gaming.amazon.com/home

So you could build up a game library fairly quickly without any costs.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hozz said:

I ran Witcher 3 on a first gen i5.  Graphics card at the time was I think a 970.  It ran great at 1080P.

Echo the Mass Effect rec.  One of the greatest franchises in RPG gaming.

7300u is a laptop version that I think is slower than all the normal even first generation i5s. It's just a 2.6GHZ dual core. 

On 2/4/2022 at 6:53 PM, UT_OB1 said:

Alright follow needs, I just reinstalled Steam on my computer and need help finding a game. 

I don’t have a huge collection of games. When I find a game I play it a lot. Loved and played the shit of all the Diablos, Dragon age (yes, I enjoyed 2, fight me), Ff1-3 and 7, Star Ocen, Ni No Kuni, shit tons of all cid’s civilizations (probably an unhealthy amount), magic the gathering, and currently waste a lot of time playing Hearthstone. 

Im not much of a FPS or racing game person, Skyrim and Oblivion were kind of meh for me, although I could at least tolerate skyrim, didn’t really enjoy assassins creed 3 (only one I played), I’m always down for a Mario replay but it won’t hold my attention for 20 hours straight like a civ replay would. 

Alright, put all that in your algorithms and spit out a suggestion for me. In the meantime I will probably install all the updates for Inquisition from the last 4-5 years and start a replay

Based on your affinity for Diablo and RPG’s, some isometric RPG’s worth checking out:

Wasteland 2/3

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Pillars of Eternity 1/2

• 1 month later...

Humble Bundle has Europa Universalis IV base and all DLC except for the last one, Origins, for $20. That's a helluva deal. There are maybe 4 1/2 days left on this.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/europa-universalis-iv-complete?hmb_source=&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_1_layout_type_threes_tile_index_1_c_europauniversalisivcomplete_bundle

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Viper said:

Are you me? 

At this point, we might as well just buy critically acclaimed games that came out years ago and are cheap now, so that if anybody sees our libraries, they'll think "wow, they have an amazing collection of games and they have good taste" all the while hoping they don't click on any and see that we've played them for like 0.2 hours.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

At this point, we might as well just buy critically acclaimed games that came out years ago and are cheap now, so that if anybody sees our libraries, they'll think "wow, they have an amazing collection of games and they have good taste" all the while hoping they don't click on any and see that we've played them for like 0.2 hours.

So you've seen my Fallout 4 statistics... 

• Like 2

Don't forget New Vegas. Probably the most important of all, at least to most people.
I still think fallout is the most important. Everything about it was near perfect for its time. New Vegas is fantastic and a lot of it was lifted straight from the Van Buren (original fallout 3) design docs before it was taken over by Bethesda.

Steam sale related, the steam deck is on sale and I'm thinking about getting it.
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...