Video Game Deals

hornfan785

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Black Friday deals are trickling out, some notable ones I've seen so far:

Mario Odyssey and BOTW finally get price drops. $29.99 @ Target.

Borderlands 3 will be $27.99 @ Best Buy.

1TB PS4 Slim w/ Last of Us Remastered, God of War and Horizon: Zero Dawn for $199.99  @ various outlets.

1TB XBox One X w/ Jedi: Fallen Order for $349.99 @ Best Buy or same price for one with Gears 5 and a $40 gift card @ Target.

• 2 weeks later...

Ps plus annual subscription for $40 again this year.

Lots of bF sales have already started.

$100 of PS4 bundles and $40 DualShock controllers.

The PS4 with three really good games (horizon zero dawn, the last of us, god of war) for $199

BO4 is $30
Modern Warfare is $40
Spider-man $15
Days gone $20

Keep forgetting to post this, but the "Steam Autumn Sale" is underway and ends Tuesday. Think it used to just be a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale, but Valve has apparently extended it a bit.

Tempted to pick up a couple of titles, but hesitant to do so because they might be even cheaper when the big Winter Sale starts. Probably wouldn't get to them until next year, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

gamestop , at least today, had a free xbox 1 controller if you bought an xbox 1 x for 349.99.  There were a few bundled game options to choose from:

jedi

nba

very few of fallout 76. (I bought this one since my son is getting the jedi version for christmas)

Now I will have two xbox one x's and my old standby xbox 360 with external drive.  Gotta figure out how to optimize them all together in the coming weeks. 

• 2 months later...

Heads up to fellow PC master race members:

During this time of social distancing, Steam has very quietly (and smartly) rolled out an unofficial Spring Sale of sorts. It's not as extensive as the Winter or Summer sales, but it keeps growing by the day and covers a relatively large amount of titles.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

explain pantheon exploit

why am I not surprised you are curious about game exploits? haha

when you are choosing your pantheon, if you hit esc right when/a split second after you hit confirm, it will give you the pantheon bonuses and let you select again, essentially letting you stack up pantheon bonuses multiple times. There's lots of different things you can do off of this, but one of the most fun/game breaking is playing as Peter/Russia, building a Lavra surrounded by tundra, then found the dance of the aurora pantheon to get the bonus +1 faith for tundra tiles surrounding holy sites. use the glitch to found about it about 20-30 times and get 500+ faith a turn from your holy site.

Then you use that faith to buy great scientists until you get Hildegard of Bignen which lets a holy site generate science equal to the faith output. Then all of a sudden you are generating 1000+ science per turn in 2000BC. From there, you can choose how you want to win the game.

this video explains it well.

I wasn't sure if you could select multiple pantheons or if it only worked if it was just one repeated over and over again. It's pretty much broken multiplayer unless it's with friends you can trust not to use it.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 12:42 PM, nineliveslost said:

Thanks for the explanation. I forgot about that one... I know this is going to sound odd , but i dont like the out right cheats. I prefer the subtle "help" when things get side ways on me in Civ

Just get better...

OR, watch good players, it's what I do. PotatoMcWhiskey, SaxyGamer, PravusGaming, and FilthyRobot (doesn't play much anymore) are all the ones I will watch to learn how to play the game better. I always pick up something new here and there when watching.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 7:16 PM, vtaenz said:

Just get better...

OR, watch good players, it's what I do. PotatoMcWhiskey, SaxyGamer, PravusGaming, and FilthyRobot (doesn't play much anymore) are all the ones I will watch to learn how to play the game better. I always pick up something new here and there when watching.

Holy shit, small world. I'm actually friends with PotatoMcWhiskey, been gaming with his Irish ass for for over a decade.

Edited by MillerEP

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/31/2020 at 10:22 AM, Viper said:

Rumor that epic will have Witcher 3 for free soon too

If they did, I missed it, but I've accumulated like 20 free games through Epic.

Not a bad idea for those into video games to refresh this every few days: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/

Right now Stranger Things 3: The Game is up for free, along with another.

15 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Steam's annual Summer Sale kicked off earlier today. Fairly broad range of titles/franchises heavily discounted. Others, not so much.

You know how I know their Summer Sale kicked of?

When I started getting emails like "25 games on your Steam wishlist are on sale" and "17 games on your Steam wishlist are on sale".

If I can get my 7 year-old started playing these games now, he might get through all of the games I own and have rarely played by the time he's in his 40s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

You know how I know their Summer Sale kicked of?

When I started getting emails like "25 games on your Steam wishlist are on sale" and "17 games on your Steam wishlist are on sale".

If I can get my 7 year-old started playing these games now, he might get through all of the games I own and have rarely played by the time he's in his 40s.

I added 6 or 7 games after just buying that humble bundle that was like 50 games for $30.

• 1 month later...