2018 - 2019 Dallas Mavericks: Throw Some D's

CBT

2 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Is this a normal crowd for a weekday rockets game? This looks like a WNBA crowd. We have really sucked the past few years and I dont feel like the crowds were this small. 

Yes. They are almost as bad as Miami fans. But but traffic and culture and corporate tickets! Shut the fuck up and go to the game. 

9-3 in November with wins over Boston, OKC, Houston and OKC. If you had asked me last month, I would have been elated with that outcome, other team’s circumstances not withstanding.

Let’s fuck around and show the Lakeshow what a balanced team looks like on Friday to close this month out proper.

• Like 2

CSB, when Devin Harris was drafted by the Mavs he bought a house two doors down from my grandparents.  They told me about the new Mav moving in, and I told my grandma (RIP) she should bake him some cookies.  She did and they were friends during his first stint here.

IOW Devin Harris had sex with your grandmother.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

CSB, when Devin Harris was drafted by the Mavs he bought a house two doors down from my grandparents.  They told me about the new Mav moving in, and I told my grandma (RIP) she should bake him some cookies.  She did and they were friends during his first stint here.

Did Devin bang your grandma?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, CBT said:

If the roles had been reversed there they would have called a flagrant foul on Luka.  Hyperbole obv, but you do that to Harden and he's getting the call 100/100.

I was listening to Skin talk about him the other day.  Talked about how confused he is that he's getting the rookie treatment from officials when he's been the best player in the second best league in the world for multiple years.

Edited by threesheets

2 hours ago, UTDD said:

I really wonder what the odds would have been if at the start of the year you could have bet on Dallas having the best record of the three Texas teams this late in the season.

My college roommates from San Antonio and Houston would say that the odds would’ve been real low.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

That's when you casually start wearing some new Mavs gear just to get under their skin

I lived with them when Hakeem and Robinson were battling in the West finals and the Mavs were being coached by Quinn fucking Buckner while our best players were fighting over Toni Braxton.  Not good times.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Post Oak said:

I remember trying to talk myself into Cherokee Parks and Loren Meyer

Uwe Blab ring a bell:

Less than an hour earlier the Dallas Mavericks had used the first of their three first-round choices to pick Schrempf at No. 8. With the Mavs now poised to announce their next pick, at No. 16, Schrempf started to say something. Not to me so much as to the Basketball Gods.

“Pick Dumars.”

It was something between a stage whisper and the voice of a child on his knees, saying his prayers before bed.

And with the 16th pick in the 1985 NBA Draft, the Dallas Mavericks select . . . Bill Wennington of St. John’s University!

The Mavs also had the very next pick.

“Pick Dumars!” Schrempf said, louder and more urgently now.

And with the 17th pick in the 1985 NBA Draft, the Dallas Mavericks select . . . Uwe Blab of Indiana University!

Schrempf’s shoulders slumped. He knew Uwe Blab. Uwe Blab was a fellow German national. And Uwe Blab was no Joe Dumars.

It must be horribly dispiriting to know you’re about to go work for idiots, but that realization spread across Detlef Schrempf’s face that day like an algae bloom.

As Schrempf would share with me, a few months earlier he and Dumars had played for the West in the National Association of Basketball Coaches All-America Game in Lexington, Ky. The West had beaten the East, scoring 97 points in 40 minutes. Being an all-star situation, neither of the two had played more than half the game, but Schrempf led the team with 16 points, and Dumars clocked in with four assists, adding 10 points besides. The two had clicked and shined and won.

https://sethsdrafthouse.com/what-detlef-knew-fbb5679559a4

• Like 1

This Mavs team has quickly gone from fringe playoff team to potential dark horse, and for 2 reasons:

1. People forgot Carlisle is a top 3* coach in the league.

2. Luka Doncic is the best 19 year old in NBA history.

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1