2018 - 2019 Dallas Mavericks: Throw Some D's

CBT

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Yeah this could be a turning point for DSJ. Even if his offensive game isn’t doing well he can impact the game in a lot of ways.

And that’s a good win tonight. Not Luka, and lesser known, no Kleber(their best defensive big).

Granted it is not the same minutes as some players and it's early, but right now I believe Kleber is 5th in Defensive Rating and 3rd in Net Rating in the entire NBA.  Not bad.

22 hours ago, Drew said:

Yeah this could be a turning point for DSJ. Even if his offensive game isn’t doing well he can impact the game in a lot of ways.

And that’s a good win tonight. Not Luka, and lesser known, no Kleber(their best defensive big).

He's definitely a valuable asset for the future as he can be so good in that second unit as well. Doncic and him fit together nicely.

Win last night was great. Thought we might blow it when the Clippers made their run, but it was pretty good defense to end the game. 

Y’all crazy. Skin is terrific. Also terrific, the Mavs bench.

Agree. I enjoy both.

Probably the Mavs bench more. Man that 9-10 minute stretch that started in the late first and ended midway through the 2nd quarter was crazy. An entire bench just kept pouring it on a team higher than us in the standings. Just crazy.

Really enjoying watching Luka and DSJ. Sometimes Luka is looking for too much and makes a ill advised pass. But it’s been fun.

I'm really trying to temper my expectations, but this team is sure fun to watch.  The West is absolutely ridiculous.  Eight teams are within 2 games of each other in places 7-14.  A lot of really good teams are going to miss the playoffs this year. 
I have zero expectations. I'm just having fun watching. This team is still very young and will keep growing. And with that comes growing pains. I'm not worried about playoffs or seeding. Way too early for that.

I'm just glad we finally have a foundation we can build with for the future. Have not had that since the Finals victory.
  • Like 1

Bill Simmons Podcast with Mark Stein is Doncic and Mavs centric.  At least the first half or so.

A couple of notes.

Stein asked at WC exec what Luka's best case scenario is?....................6'8 Steve Nash.

Obligatory, Simmons trade machine for Mavs.  Wes' to Knicks for Hardaway and Frank Nkitilina.  Knicks want room for KD this summer.   Hardaway is an upgrade on Wes and expires 2020 and get FN.

Also, per Stein, Donnie is looking for a deal for Wes.  They want to strike now. 

Check it out.

Edited by Post Oak
  • Like 4

Wes hasn't been nearly as bad as everyone seems to think. In fact, look at the numbers. He's arguably been more valuable than TMJ has been. Plus TMJ is a high usage player, who do you want giving up the ball in this offense right now? And TMJ is owned 18mm/year for 3 years past this year. Throwing Frankie Smokes in, makes it enticing, but I'm not sure I do that. 

edit: Plus, I think Wes is still probably a better defender. 

Edited by CBT
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Bill Simmons Podcast with Mark Stein is Doncic and Mavs centric.  At least the first half or so.

A couple of notes.

Stein asked at WC exec what Luka's best case scenario is?....................6'8 Steve Nash.

Obligatory, Simmons trade machine for Mavs.  Wes' to Knicks for Hardaway and Frank Nkitilina.  Knicks want room for KD this summer.   Hardaway is an upgrade on Wes and expires 2020 and get FN.

Also, per Stein, Donnie is looking for a deal for Wes.  They want to strike now. 

Check it out.

Lol Knicks fans wouldnt know what to say if they lost Frank in that trade too. They love to talk shit about Dennis and puff up FN. 

4 hours ago, Post Oak said:

A couple of notes.

Check it out.

Love that. Always kinda liked Frank heading into that Draft, and if we get him and still have DSJ to continue this young core, and I'll be pretty happy about it.

And yeah, Hardaway for Mathews is probably a wash, but I'm not steaming to trade Wes right now like I was last year.  He's been a good player so far.

Edited by Drew

4 hours ago, CBT said:

Wes hasn't been nearly as bad as everyone seems to think. In fact, look at the numbers. He's arguably been more valuable than TMJ has been. Plus TMJ is a high usage player, who do you want giving up the ball in this offense right now? And TMJ is owned 18mm/year for 3 years past this year. Throwing Frankie Smokes in, makes it enticing, but I'm not sure I do that. 

edit: Plus, I think Wes is still probably a better defender. 

I looked up Frank and his numbers haven't been good.

More than anything I'm glad Donnie is looking.  He knows what NBA players look like.

I wonder what you could get Josh Jackson for?

17 hours ago, Post Oak said:

I looked up Frank and his numbers haven't been good.

More than anything I'm glad Donnie is looking.  He knows what NBA players look like.

I wonder what you could get Josh Jackson for?

You're not trading for Frank for his offense, you get him for his Defense, and pair him with Doncic.  You know that's still developing, and maybe he can turn into at least a Rondo at some point and get a little better offensively, but defensively he's already a stud.

Not opposed to Josh Jackson either.  Maybe figure out a way to get someone else's lotto pick that's not working out.

14 hours ago, CBT said:

Anthony Davis is good at basketball.

God Damn yes he is.