2017-18 Spurs Thread: Probably no buckets for Kawhi

Radical Larry

15 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

This guy seems to think it's psychosomatic and that Pop is trying to use his players to convince Kawhi to return.

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/first-things-first/video/1195904579718

That story has changed so many times that now it’s Manu that Jackson was dominating? I thought it was Danny Green and Kawhi? 

59 minutes ago, Kermit said:

I am now fully on board the tank train. Watching this team in the playoffs is really gonna suck.

If we go ahead and drop our remaining games, we'll end up with another winning season but hopefully fall into the lottery. At least that would bring some additional off-season hope. That said, the very notion of missing the playoffs makes me queasy.  

I'll be curious what the 76ers do in the East. I like Embiid a lot. I also would want the Rockets to flame out in spectacular fashion.

Yeah, usually when the Spurs get eliminated I usually tune out.  Something tells me to get the popcorn out for this offseason as we will know more about this Kawhi situation by then.

I never even watch of a minute of the playoffs once the Spurs are out.  My wife is a Rockets fan, so I have to act like I am cheering for them.  It actually wouldn't be bad to see them knock off the Warriors in the WCF only to see them lose in the Finals.  And even if they do end up winning, I would rather them win it than GS. I fucking hate that team.

1 minute ago, Hate said:

I never even watch of a minute of the playoffs once the Spurs are out.  My wife is a Rockets fan, so I have to act like I am cheering for them.  It actually wouldn't be bad to see them knock off the Warriors in the WCF only to see them lose in the Finals.  And even if they do end up winning, I would rather them win it than GS. I fucking hate that team.

It's OK, your wife isn't reading this.  You can be honest with us. 

1 hour ago, Hate said:

That's just hateful.

However, I agree with the sentiment, but not the details. When watching an NBA game that does not have the Spurs playing, its all about which team I hate less.

50 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Fuck Pops.   He came out as anti second amendment.  Hope he collapses on the court.

You seem new here. Is this your first time hearing our 5-ring winning coach speak? What exactly has he said in the past that would make you want to hear his stance on a political subject if you already know what your own stance is?

Take that shit to Shaggytexas.

6 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Also, what is the low down on Leonard? All this bs about him leaving is just bs, right?

I mean, the fact that a lot of this “bs” went public can’t be a good sign. They can deny it all they want, but some credible sources were coming forward and putting their names on some of this stuff. 

Michelle Beadle called into an SA ESPN radio show today and discussed the Woj story. The conversation became pretty grim really fast. She kept emphasizing how weird the whole situation is and that Kawhi's behavior looks like he doesn't plan on staying. I had to pull my truck over on the side of the road to cry for a few minutes because it she was pointing out what has been running through the back of my mind.

I had a dream Timmy came out of retirement and helped us make the playoffs.  Kawhi came back and all was good.

Seems like Kawhi is gonna wait til this summer and go join LeBron somewhere.  Maybe that's why we resigned Aldridge.  We needed the pieces to sway Kawhi into staying or to not be totally fucked if he decided to bail.  

10 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

I had a dream Timmy came out of retirement and helped us make the playoffs.  Kawhi came back and all was good.

Seems like Kawhi is gonna wait til this summer and go join LeBron somewhere.  Maybe that's why we resigned Aldridge.  We needed the pieces to sway Kawhi into staying or to not be totally fucked if he decided to bail.  

He’s still under contract until 2019. Dude ain’t going anywhere without the Spurs being highly compensated.