2018-2019 San Antonio Spurs: Fuck Kawhi Leonard

Michael Knight

36 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Spurs have another scorer to pair with LMA now. Derozan has his flaws but he can score. 

It takes a lot of pressure off of LMA (Who had a hell of a game) having another legitimate scoring threat with the starters. Last season LMA shouldered an enormous burden, having DeMar will ease that significantly.

Bryn Forbes is the worst defensive pg to wear the black and silver since Louie Dampier. He makes Patty Mills look like Gary Payton. That was atrocious. 

When the spurs surround DDR and LMA with shooters, specifically Bertans, Marco and Mills they are going to be tough to stop. Both of those guys are really good at getting their own shots and it will be difficult to cheat off of them with the floor spaced. They won't stop anybody but they will be entertaining. 

KAT played that game with all the enthusiasm of an accounts payable clerk filling out a purchase order. What a dog. No wonder Butler wants out of there. He's the only one on that team who gives half a shit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

82-0. We want the Warriors.

I don't know what to make of this team yet, I don't know how we're going to find defense with the talent we have, but I'll be watching.

Without Murray it will be tough to find the defensive pulse. I will say that Derozan is a better playmaker than Kawhi - we might be closer to the Beautiful Game Spurs this year than we have been since 2014. The Defensive side of the ball is where we'll get killed - and where Murray getting hurt is going to be a huge loss. 

3 hours ago, vin2basketball said:

The Defensive side of the ball is where we'll get killed - and where Murray getting hurt is going to be a huge loss. 

In the last 2 seasons we've lost Danny (2nd team all D), murray (2nd team) and Kawhi (1st team, dpoy)

If the defense is average  then. ... well we'll be average,

KD would've been a great Spur, but he opted for easy rings and to ruin what little parity existed.
Oh, wells. Fans will keep buying tickets so ...
No doubt they would've signed him immediately if given the chance, but I'm not convinced he would have been a perfect fit culturally.

Pop always talks about wanting players who have "gotten over themselves" and that's not KD as far as I can tell. Great talent. All-timer. You sign a guy like him 100 times out of 100 and never look back. But being a 'perfect Spur' generally has a lot more to do with personality than just basketball skill.