2018-2019 San Antonio Spurs: Fuck Kawhi Leonard

Michael Knight

The crazy part of Kawhi's career if he goes to the Clippers after Raptors lose to the Bucks -- Kawhi will have given up close to $80 million to leave San Antonio and Toronto....

"So how much money could Leonard lose in a potential trade? Here are the contract numbers...

Leonard's next contract Spurs in 2018 Traded to Raptors (re-sign in 2019) New team in 2019
Years 5 5 4
Dollars $221M $190M $141M
Per year $44.2M $38M $35.25M

That's a difference of $31 million if Leonard decides to re-sign following a potential trade to the Raptors, or $80 million if Leonard becomes a free agent in the summer of 2019 and signs with another team."

Edited by LTtxfan

The crazy part of Kawhi's career if he goes to the Clippers after Raptors lose to the Bucks -- Kawhi will have given up close to $80 million to leave San Antonio and Toronto....

"So how much money could Leonard lose in a potential trade? Here are the contract numbers...

Leonard's next contract Spurs in 2018 Traded to Raptors (re-sign in 2019) New team in 2019
Years 5 5 4
Dollars $221M $190M $141M
Per year $44.2M $38M $35.25M

That's a difference of $31 million if Leonard decides to re-sign following a potential trade to the Raptors, or $80 million if Leonard becomes a free agent in the summer of 2019 and signs with another team."

But that’s money only Kawhi and his agent share. His hanger-ons don’t care about that as much. I’ve seen Brewster’s Millions.

Who tf cares he's still rich as shit. This dude lived with his mom and drove an older car when he lived in SA. I like how we get down on people only being about money, then when someone passes up on an opportunity to further enrich themselves with more millions that they could ever dream of spending, we call them stupid.

The guy is just a weird dude.

Is Ricky Williams stupid for not being paid the maximum amount he is worth when he was playing? Or is it just that for some people, money isn't everything?

• Like 1

What the fuck are you talking about, Pam?

I think most people are down on the nephew because he initially exaggerated and then flat-out faked an injury and gave up on his coaches and teammates, all the while refusing to step forward and say anything and instead having his uncle make ambiguous remarks on his behalf before ultimately forcing management to trade him for a fraction of what he was worth. He even had the gall to blame the media for targeting him and not allowing him to tell "his side" of the story despite the fact that any outlet would've given him an unlimited amount of space to do so.

In summation, the dude is a malingering piece of shit. Fuck that dude.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Is Ricky Williams stupid for not being paid the maximum amount he is worth when he was playing? Or is it just that for some people, money isn't everything?

I wouldn't say that Ricky is stupid. He's a different type of cat and I think very intelligent. However, that was one of the dumbest contracts in the history of sports. It was stupid of him to sign it.

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Who tf cares he's still rich as shit. This dude lived with his mom and drove an older car when he lived in SA. I like how we get down on people only being about money, then when someone passes up on an opportunity to further enrich themselves with more millions that they could ever dream of spending, we call them stupid.

The guy is just a weird dude.

I think it's the idea that he presumably wanted out of SA, and preferred LA, so he could market himself more and get a better shoe deal.  But I doubt he will recoup 80 million with his new balance deal. 

Kawhi Leonard's going to be aight if he employs the right people to manage his money (basically doesn't have anyone embezzle huge amounts).  His kids (if he has any) will be extremely wealthy, as will his kid's kids.  Did he give up a tremendous amount of money?  Yep, but he seems comfortable enough with it so it doesn't seem like it was a driving issue.  If we see him break off from his Uncle or change agencies in the future, then there may be some smoke to his naivety on the matter.  For reasons which may not become crystal clear for years, he lost trust on PATFO and really wanted out.  

So apparently kawhi played through an injury .. and after the game said this

"This is playoff basketball," Leonard said. "Everybody is hurting. Just have to keep fighting."[/QUOTE]

hmmm, doesn't sound like the same guy that wouldnt even sit on the bench with his team during last seasons playoffs. 

Edited by dingleberryswitzer

3 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

So apparently kawhi played through an injury .. and after the game said this

I was going to post that after the game. He really gutted it out for a team he has no interest in resigning with (most likely). Really makes you wonder if there’s even more to the story in regards to his exit here. 

20 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I was going to post that after the game. He really gutted it out for a team he has no interest in resigning with (most likely). Really makes you wonder if there’s even more to the story in regards to his exit here. 

If there was more to the story, it would’ve leaked by now. 

If he wants a career, he better play

19 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I'm of the opinion that every win gets him closer to re-signing in Toronto.  If this thing goes 7, then I think it's 50-50 he stays with Toronto.  If they go to the Finals and win like 1-2 games, then I think it's 60%.

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I'm of the opinion that every win gets him closer to re-signing in Toronto.  If this thing goes 7, then I think it's 50-50 he stays with Toronto.  If they go to the Finals and win like 1-2 games, then I think it's 60%.

I honestly don't think winning moves the needle for him. If that fuckstick really cared about winning, he'd still be in San Antonio.

• Like 4

On 5/22/2019 at 12:54 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

I'll be surprised to see Kawhi stay in Toronto...

This experience is like going down to 6th street and seeing the hot chick who broke up with you running with some new guy, only she's hotter now and has bigger tits.

John Mayer writing a song about your ex who also happens to getting chummy with lingerie models on Instagram. And Jason Mamoa and Lisa Bonet are also best buds.

I mean, I kinda want to root for Kawhi.  GSW is tired old bs and the outcome of Kawhi winning then either totally fucking another fanbase by leaving or being relegated to Canada forever is pretty gold. 

It’s such a lose-lose for me but I am starting to come around on this outcome.