2018-2019 San Antonio Spurs: Fuck Kawhi Leonard

Michael Knight

20 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

That's about as well put as I've read.  At least be honest with quite possibly the most honest coach in the league.  Even lamarcus had the balls to tell pop face to face he wanted a trade.  I'm guessing kawhis people didn't want pop selling him on staying.  Did kawhi even have a meeting with pop last summer?  

Pretty sure that happened out in LA and after that meeting, Pop knew he had to make a deal.

In hindsight, it was kind of a perfect storm. The injury created mistrust on both sides. His agent situation got destabilized. Then when the shit hit the fan on his shoe deal (that his uncle was negotiating), with Nike refusing to pay him commensurate with other MVP level players, they spun it as his being in a small market instead of the fact that he is least marketable superstar in NBA history. The timing couldn't have been worse and the Spurs misread the situation badly. They naively thought that Kawhi was wired like Duncan. Or even Manu or Tony for that matter. All the stories about Pop laying into those guys so that the rest of the team would fall in.... Meanwhile, they didn't realize they were dealing with someone who lacks the communication skills (or any communication skills for that matter) to handle confrontation at the same time his behavior was enabled and protected by sycophants and users. Once the Spurs realized the gravity of the situation, it was too late to repair the relationship. 

tl; dr fuck Kawhi. I hope his quad gets aids.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Media is gonna claim kawhi made the right decision.  He didn't make shit.  He got lucky to be traded to a team that already had been a conference finals team.  He got lucky that LeBron bailed on the east.  He got lucky warriors lost two of their best 3 players.  Enjoy Toronto for the next five years.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

Silver Lining: Kawhi will look stupid as fuck and all of Canada will hate him when he and uncle Dennis sign with the Clippers

Maybe it's futile trying to argue this in the Spurs thread, but Kawhi is a God up there now no matter where he goes.

Just now, Machinator said:

Maybe it's futile trying to argue this in the Spurs thread, but Kawhi is a God up there now no matter where he goes.

Yeah, Kawhi could have a press conference today where he states that he hated his time there, the fans suck, and Toronto smells like a banana peel in a hot car, and they'd still love him as he boards the first plane for SoCal.

26 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

Silver Lining: Kawhi will look stupid as fuck and all of Canada will hate him when he and uncle Dennis sign with the Clippers this summer OR he can freeze his giant hands off in Canada the next five years and hate every minute of cold ass city.

No they won’t. Kawhi will forever be a legend in that city, whether he stays or not. They knew what they were getting themselves into. He will get a standing ovation every time he goes back 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Well any spurs fan can also tell you that fan opinions on a player can change pretty quickly.  I'm not sure a finals mvp has ever left their team a month later in free agency.  At this point I dont see how he leaves without basically saying "Toronto as a city sucks and I dont want to live here"  the team is good, the organization seems to be well run.  They can pay him the most money.

Edited by dingleberryswitzer
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

In hindsight, it was kind of a perfect storm. The injury created mistrust on both sides. His agent situation got destabilized. Then when the shit hit the fan on his shoe deal (that his uncle was negotiating), with Nike refusing to pay him commensurate with other MVP level players, they spun it as his being in a small market instead of the fact that he is least marketable superstar in NBA history. The timing couldn't have been worse and the Spurs misread the situation badly. They naively thought that Kawhi was wired like Duncan. Or even Manu or Tony for that matter. All the stories about Pop laying into those guys so that the rest of the team would fall in.... Meanwhile, they didn't realize they were dealing with someone who lacks the communication skills (or any communication skills for that matter) to handle confrontation at the same time his behavior was enabled and protected by sycophants and users. Once the Spurs realized the gravity of the situation, it was too late to repair the relationship. 

tl; dr fuck Kawhi. I hope his quad gets aids.

I honestly think this is a bigger factor than anyone will ever admit. Not everyone is built to play for SA long term. When you’re superstar caliber, certain guys will never get used to pop laying into them in a random Wednesday walkthrough. That coupled with being a socal guy in SA, I understand why he wanted out. I found myself actually being happy for him last night as he was talking on the mic. It sucks, but if you take your spurs shades off it makes perfect sense that he would want out of SA. 

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

It sucks, but if you take your spurs shades off it makes perfect sense that he would want out of SA. 

He could have left after his rookie deal if he didn't like pop yelling at him, or if he didn't like the city.  He could have been a man, played out his contract then left in free angency fair and square.  But no, he acted like a punk.  

8 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

He could have left after his rookie deal if he didn't like pop yelling at him, or if he didn't like the city.  He could have been a man, played out his contract then left in free angency fair and square.  But no, he acted like a punk.  

People change their mind though, and when you’re a superstar in the NBA, you have more power than anyone in sports outside of MAYBE a high level qb. You have to cater to your stars. Duncan was one of a kind. It’s a new generation. I can see how after his rookie deal he might not have had the confidence to think “actually. I’m a superstar. I should be able to do whatever the fuck I want. I don’t have to listen to pop lay into me the way he has been. And i sure as fuck don’t have to listen to old, washed up tony Parker question my heart when I’m carrying this team.”

I guess I just see both sides now more so than ever. This situation couldn’t have possibly worked out better for Kawhi, but a big part of that is his work ethic. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

38 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

No they won’t. Kawhi will forever be a legend in that city, whether he stays or not. They knew what they were getting themselves into. He will get a standing ovation every time he goes back 

The only way he's getting a standing O in Toronto is if he gets injured in a Clippers@Raptors game.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

The only way he's getting a standing O in Toronto is if he gets injured in a Clippers@Raptors game.

He can go to the raptors biggest rival (whoever that is) and that city will love him until the day he dies. They might give him a statue. When was the last time Toronto won anything in any of the major sports? I don’t feel like looking it up. They knew from day one he didn’t choose to go there, but he played through injury (limping on both legs lol) and never cause any problems while he was there, and carried them to a title. Everyone knew he wanted to be in Cali from the moment he was traded to Toronto.

57 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

This.  You can't pull a move like Kawhi and expect me to ever pull for the guy.  The Spurs are a model franchise and he treated them like a plague.  

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

People change their mind though, and when you’re a superstar in the NBA, you have more power than anyone in sports outside of MAYBE a high level qb. You have to cater to your stars. Duncan was one of a kind. It’s a new generation. I can see how after his rookie deal he might not have had the confidence to think “actually. I’m a superstar. I should be able to do whatever the fuck I want. I don’t have to listen to pop lay into me the way he has been. And i sure as fuck don’t have to listen to old, washed up tony Parker question my heart when I’m carrying this team.”

I guess I just see both sides now more so than ever. This situation couldn’t have possibly worked out better for Kawhi, but a big part of that is his work ethic. 

What a bunch of horseshit.  Kawhi was audibly heard telling Pop "thanks for pushing me" after the final buzzer of the 2014 Finals.  What Mitch posted above was correct.  His worthless wannabe uncle got in his ear after he fucked up the Nike shoe deal about how he would never get a bigger deal being in SA.  Then his uncle saw his chance to get him out of SA and was in his ear about the Spurs not trusting him in regards to his injury. The Spurs doctors cleared him as did a completely independent doctor.  He wanted out because his completely out of his league uncle fucked everything up and had to try to save face with Kawhi.  Kawhi trusted his uncle instead of one of the best run organizations in all of sports.  The organization that was at the forefront of extending players careers by not rushing them back from injury and by resting them during the season to prevent injuries.  This is 100% on Kawhi and his stupid fucking uncle that has cost Kawhi literally millions and millions of dollars. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Still blame this thread's title.

Everybody has their own little opinions, and it all gets homogenised, and you lose the whole edge of it. I'm going with fuck Kawhi! Fuck Kawhi is the line! Fuck Kawhi! Yess!

2 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I think the difference here between us spurs fans and other salty/whiny fanbases is we are not trying to hide it, or deny it. 

Yes, we are salty and butthurt.  You might even use the word surly.  

When he wins his third NBA FInals MVP with a different team next year what will be the reaction?

11 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

You don’t think the Spurs catered to Tim Duncan? He allowed himself to be “coached” for the betterment of the team, but don’t think for a second that they didn’t kiss his ass every single day. Dude just wasn’t a bitch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Still salty, still butthurt, still surly.  And it'll honestly be that way until the Spurs win another ring. 

I won’t lie, maybe all the shit I’m saying is just me trying to convince myself to not have this line of thinking. Because it could be awhile. Let’s be honest. It’s hard to find super stars, and you need at least one, if not two to even remotely contend. We all knew what Kawhi was. We all knew he was 100% capable of doing exactly what he did this year, from the moment we traded him. Maybe I’m just trying to convince myself I understand why he wanted out. I was 100% rooting for the warriors, but the writing was on the wall from the moment it was obvious KD wasn’t coming back. Then he came back, and there was a small glimmer of hope, but that was lost after 11 points. 

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

You don’t think the Spurs catered to Tim Duncan? He allowed himself to be “coached” for the betterment of the team, but don’t think for a second that they didn’t kiss his ass every single day. Dude just wasn’t a bitch.

I'm pretty sure they coddle lamarcus.  But he's also probably the only all star free agent they've signed since I can remember. 

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

A little more accessible version.

"They can't beat us 'til we quit." Well, you got your ass beat in all of 2018, then, you fucking quitter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 9:45 PM, Eastwood said:

A little more accessible version.

"They can't beat us 'til we quit." Well, you got your ass beat in all of 2018, then, you fucking quitter.

So he says:  "They can't beat us 'til we quit." 

If Kawhi goes to the Lakers, I hope the Lakers are an injury dumpster fire!!!

NBA free agency is killing the small market teams.  When the Greek Freak leaves the Bucks, the NBA becomes an even bigger joke!!

Poor:   Milwaukee, San Antonio, Memphis, Charlotte, Toronto, OKC, Minneapolis, Cleveland, Indianapolis, and New Orleans when Zion leaves!! 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...