2018-19 NBA Season Thread

BigOrange1

3 hours ago, d2o said:

Between this shit and them writing up reports about refs stealing games from them, the Rockets are proving to be a bitchass organization.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/6/25/18744080/james-harden-mvp-fake-rockets-twitter-gmib?utm_campaign=teamziller&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Yeah that seals it for me. Fuck everything about that shit city.

3 hours ago, d2o said:

Between this shit and them writing up reports about refs stealing games from them, the Rockets are proving to be a bitchass organization.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/6/25/18744080/james-harden-mvp-fake-rockets-twitter-gmib?utm_campaign=teamziller&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Hmmm

4 hours ago, d2o said:

I would totally understand if Harden was in the last year of his deal or something; then, by all means, do what you need to do to have his back and stay in his favor.  But he's locked in through 2023, and you'd think that Houston would be beyond stumping for individual awards at this point.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

stuff from November 2018, at season start. 

On 11/10/2018 at 6:36 AM, NowThis said:

that Bucks - Warriors game was a revelation to me. Milwaukee is loaded with no names with huge talent, a team of robots led by Freak. Had about 70 points on dunks and layups as Draymond was out. GS has no inside presence and they better have Cousins too if they are to meet the Bucks in the Finals. That team is a beast. 

Indeed, the Bucks were damn good. Were it not for the Raptor wall vs. Greek, they make the Finals. 

On 11/10/2018 at 10:00 AM, Patrick Bateman said:

Draymond is their anchor defensively.  Also Curry went out late too.  Bucks are very long and athletic but one game in November shouldn't inform you of too much.  

yes, one November game was a very good indicator. 

On 11/10/2018 at 10:27 AM, hobbes2702 said:

Meh. I don’t put much stock in a regular season game especially without the best defensive player in the league playing. Dray is everything to them on defense. He enables the switching and plays passing lines better than anyone in the league. No one will touch this GSW team in the playoffs

as stated above, Bucks were legitimate. 

On 11/10/2018 at 10:43 AM, NowThis said:

Curry went out when the game was already a super blowout.  Even with Draymond, this Bucks team is a load. Their management deserves a lot of praise for putting together this roster around Freak. They are very solid. Follow them for a season, see how well they mesh, it's a real threat for the NBA title. 

indeed, they were a real threat to the NBA title.  I'm so right as usual. 

On 11/10/2018 at 11:39 AM, Pam Cummings said:

Lol at thinking anyone but a healthy Raptors team comes out of the east. They are the only challenge to GS simply because Kawhi > Durant.

nailed it !  Pam Cummings for President. Good one dude. 

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

A self bump gloat post is the best.

Especially when the seasons been over for 6 weeks

Help me out here though, is he gloating about saying the Bucks were a title contender? Because I wasn’t aware that they played in the finals.

37 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Help me out here though, is he gloating about saying the Bucks were a title contender? Because I wasn’t aware that they played in the finals.

a team can be a title contender without playing in the Finals. See 2018 65 win Houston Rockets. Point is that you were wrong and I was right, as usual. 

55 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yeah, but they would have won the title if not for all the teams that finished in front of them. That's what's important to remember.

31 minutes ago, NowThis said:

a team can be a title contender without playing in the Finals. See 2018 65 win Houston Rockets. Point is that you were wrong and I was right, as usual. 

Show where in that post I said anything about the Bucks not being a title contender.

I said now, because they clearly were not a legit title contender. That’s why Toronto made 1 tactical adjustment and beat them 4 straight games.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, but they would have won the title if not for all the teams that finished in front of them. That's what's important to remember.

see the post above yours.  

I give most props to Pam Cummings, the NostraSurly of the 2019 Eastern Conference.