2018-19 NBA Season Thread

BigOrange1

If I were OKC I would offer Westbrook for Anthony Davis. Shroder isn't bad and they will only ever go so far with Westbrook.

A team of Shroder, Andre Roberson, Paul George, Anthony Davis, and Steven Adams could D people the F up.

If you are the Pelicans, you get a star who is under contract for a while and who will put butts in the seats. I would rather get something like that than a rebuild starter kit from the Lakers or Celtics.

4 minutes ago, HookEm said:

If I were OKC I would offer Westbrook for Anthony Davis. Shroder isn't bad and they will only ever go so far with Westbrook.

A team of Shroder, Andre Roberson, Paul George, Anthony Davis, and Steven Adams could D people the F up.

If you are the Pelicans, you get a star who is under contract for a while and who will put butts in the seats. I would rather get something like that than a rebuild starter kit from the Lakers or Celtics.

Anthony Davis is under contract for 3 more seasons including this one.  He makes about 70% of what Westbrook does and that percentage will be getting smaller.  Your second best player is a PG/SG.  That would be insane for the Cans.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Anthony Davis is so ridiculous. He’s a year or two away from being the undisputed best player in the league IMO (i.e., probably when he leaves the Pels)

I heard he wants to play with Luka.  Can't blame him. 2 best players in the league teaming up 

15 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Anthony Davis is under contract for 3 more seasons including this one.  He makes about 70% of what Westbrook does and that percentage will be getting smaller.  Your second best player is a PG/SG.  That would be insane for the Cans.

How many consecutive years is this now where everyone has treated AD like he's about to enter free agency? Barring someone making them a Hershel Walker type deal, New Orleans will not be entertaining offers this year or next. AD will have to pull a Kyrie/Kawhi if he wants out.

First impressions..... Ayton looks very good and comfortable as a pro.  Nice debut.  On the other hand, Doncic looks like a rookie.  It'll probably take some time for it to mesh.  He and DSJ are very talented but holy shit they may lead the brick layer guild as a back court.  11-31 thus far for them...

20 hours ago, HookEm said:

The Pelicans would hang up laughing at you.

• Like 1

Celtics will beat the Warriors in the finals.

1. Key to beating GS is dealing with Steph Curry.  Boston has several people to throw at him on defense led by Marcus Smart.

2. They have a small ball line-up that will give Curry problems.  Celtics can put Brown, Tatum, Hayward, Morris and Horford on the court.  Steph will have issues guarding any of those guys.

3. Leprechaun Shit.  Whatever breaks the Celtics need to win the series will fall their way.  People that know Celtics lore know what I'm talking about.

I write all this as a life long hater of the Celtics.