2018-19 NBA Season Thread

BigOrange1

9 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Defense and shooting were the glaring holes on the Lakers roster coming into this season and the opener didn't do much to prove those weaknesses wrong. 

It boggles the mind how they loaded up on guys who can't shoot AND who don't play defense (in the regular season, at least).  But, they have the best player on the planet, so who the fuck knows.  I can see them getting home court in a 1st round series just as easily as I can see them missing the playoffs.

25 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Manny, look at the Pelicans fly. 

They gon' be good. And a major pain in the ass for the switch everything defensive status quo of the current elite teams.

They just need to find one semi-competent wing. Just one.

Edited by aggie08

6 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

look at these scores around the league-

82f66fa1e89cb73fec3ee8a140554882.png

so much talent, so much spacing, so much size and athleticism- the new golden age of the NBA is on and popping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So crazy...just holding a team under 100 pts seems to increase your odds by 80% of winning. and to think, just a few years ago, teams like SA on average held teams to under 90 for the entire season

21 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

look at these scores around the league-

82f66fa1e89cb73fec3ee8a140554882.png

so much talent, so much spacing, so much size and athleticism- the new golden age of the NBA is on and popping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that there's as much talent as there has ever been in the league...

...but, a week in, I think it's safe to say that most teams have decided that, "Defense is hard. Maybe we'll take a crack at it after the All-Star break."