2018-19 NBA Season Thread

BigOrange1

17 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I think the "rewarding mediocrity" argument is dumb (the Kings are clearly still developing as a team and haven't come close to their ceiling yet) but there's something to be said about potential rifts behind the scenes with Joerger. The Memphis exit was a bit of a head-scratcher at the time, too.

Correct.   He had issues in MEM and was having some trouble early this season when he wouldn't play Bagley.  I can see this being the reason for letting him go.   I just don't trust Vlade (or the people who keep giving him power) to make a good hire to keep the momentum .

If Porzingis is a unicorn, what does Durant call Turner?

Player Season    Age   G MP     3P     3PA     3P%      2P     2PA     2P%    eFG%     FT%    ORB     DRB    TRB    AST   STL  BLK   TOV   PTS
  Kristaps Porzingis 2017-18   22   48  1553     90     228     .395     300     661    .454    .489    .793      62      254    316    57   36 115   93   1088
  Myles Turner 2018-19   22   74    2119     76     196     .388     304     584    .521    .536    .736     101      430    531    115   60 199   100    984

Vlade Divac Agrees To Four-Year Extension With Kings Through 22-23

The Sacramento Kings and Vlade Divac have agreed to a four-year contract extension. The deal will run through the 22-23 season.

Divac was hired by the Kings in 2015.

Divac has been given final call on whether to retain Dave Joerger, which is one of the Kings' most critical decisions this offseason.

After a shaky start to his tenure, Divac has the Kings trending upwards in the Western Conference.

Did not see that happening, but OK..

Nice to see the Griz and the Kings shuffling deck chairs aboard the Titanic.

I think Joerger is a pretty good coach. With all due respect to the Knicks, the Kings have been the worst run organization in the league for several years. It would be very Vlade of him to destabilize the progress their young group has made in favor of bringing in a new coach and/or a vet with a bad attitude on a bad contract. 

19 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Warriors vs Clippers

Nuggets vs Spurs

Blazers vs Thunder

Rockets vs Jazz

Crazy ending to the Western Conference

The Kings were up 20 at halftime and Portland had only played 6 players at that point in the game. I wake up today to find out that Portland not only came bac, but they blew out the Kings while still only playing those 6 players. One of whom only played 13 minutes. 

The Kings were up 20 at halftime and Portland had only played 6 players at that point in the game. I wake up today to find out that Portland not only came bac, but they blew out the Kings while still only playing those 6 players. One of whom only played 13 minutes. 
The king's sat their starters in the second half, they pretty much threw the game because if they didn't lose, they would have dropped 2 spots in the draft.

13 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:
13 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

The king's sat their starters in the second half, they pretty much threw the game because if they didn't lose, they would have dropped 2 spots in the draft.

the kings don't have their pick.  it's going to philly if it's #1 or boston if it's anything else. 

23 hours ago, Chapo said:

If Porzingis is a unicorn, what does Durant call Turner?

Player Season    Age   G MP     3P     3PA     3P%      2P     2PA     2P%    eFG%     FT%    ORB     DRB    TRB    AST   STL  BLK   TOV   PTS
  Kristaps Porzingis 2017-18   22   48  1553     90     228     .395     300     661    .454    .489    .793      62      254    316    57   36 115   93   1088
  Myles Turner 2018-19   22   74    2119     76     196     .388     304     584    .521    .536    .736     101      430    531    115   60 199   100    984

2/3 unicorn?

21 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

That Walton news is weird in light of all the shit about how Jeannie Buss wanted to keep him and Magic wanted to shitcan him. He must have the Sacramento job lined up already.

Vlade will give him multiple years vs being in limbo with the Lakers.   Easy choice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Woulda had Jrue over Bledsoe but pretty good list there.

My only wtf is Myles Turner. How does he not even make a team.

Yeah I dont get Myles not being there.    He only led the league in blocks.  

6 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Hmmm....

Looks like this has been bubbling....

This is probably want they wanted to say!

and yet another reason that next season will be a total disaster.  I'm seeing them in the 7-10 position, meaning 50% of making the playoffs. 

42 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Why does Chris Paul think he can tell someone else about how to win a championship?

Was that what he was reported as saying?  Or was it simply a game flow or strategy disagreement?  I get that Paul hasn't won anything (neither has Harden) and his influence on the game is on decline, but is the message wrong or is it the messenger?  I admit, I have no idea.  I think a major critique of MDA's system in Houston is ball movement and/or distribution.  I tend to chalk this up and competitor's being pissed at letting a huge opportunity slip through their fingers and not much more, but doubt Chris Paul is alone in wanting more ball movement.

It's the messenger. Sometimes that actually does matter. Neither Harden nor Paul have won shit (well I guess Harden won the West one year) and Harden is a more valuable player than Paul at this stage in their careers. A superstar player like Harden doesn't need to hear a guy who is past his prime during which he never won anything tell him about how he can't buy a championship.

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

"You got no hamstring?"

Haha, is that what passes as trash talk these days.  

Did you see who tweeted that?    That Barry McConicker acct is some kind of parody acct.

2 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

"You got no hamstring?"

Haha, is that what passes as trash talk these days.  

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Also,good thing those two are on short term, reasonable and tradeable contracts. 

do you know that the word "gullible" isn't in the dictionary?

• Like 1